Millevolt

Tarrifs are REQUIRED!

China has announced ...
1. They have created a laser 1000 times more powerful than any other.
2. They just launched an active duty naval vessel with an electromagnet rail gun on board.
3. They now have, and tested, personal transportation drones.
4. They have surged ahead of America in the number of supercomputers, (200 to our 140) and are making great strides in quantum computing.
5. China has invested TONS of money into STEM facilities for educating their youth.

What has America done? We are investing billions into building 3rd bathrooms, and are teaching our children 1st and foremost that the most important thing in the world is that it doesn't matter what gender you were born. This is a sure recipe for disaster. 100% guaranteed. Trump is the right man, but 15 years too late.

• Like 2

Has MSM started screaming "ISOLATIONIST" yet? I don't agree with Trump on plenty, but I agree with tariffs. 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Has MSM started screaming "ISOLATIONIST" yet? I don't agree with Trump on plenty, but I agree with tariffs. 

Tariffs are the primary method of controlling trade deficits.  It has been that way since hundreds of years ago.  Get over it everyone.  The end result is the American consumer will purchase more goods manufactured here in their home country.  I recently purchased a nice Maytag cloths washer and dryer.  Why?  Because they are American made, designed and tested.  That is how nationalism works.  And guess what?  They work better than the Samsung gear at the other house.

• Like 3

Lol

Make America Communist Again

Ignorance is bliss... 

5 hours ago, phxsparks said:

Tariffs are the primary method of controlling trade deficits. 

They're the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff.

Trade deficits wouldn't happen if the creditor country was a better overall competitor than the debtor country and the real question is: how precisely did America allow itself to wind up in this position not just with China but many other nations when just sixty or so years ago it was 46% of the global economy?

How did it let itself go from that, to this?

In sixty short years?

That's the real question and addressing that root cause is the way to dig yourself out of the hole you're in, and nothing else will do it.

Trouble is, it takes hard conversations that for whatever reason, your population, not you people on here, but your overall population, is unwillling and probably (because most of them are dumbf**k products of such shit as the No child left behind with a mind bullshit) unable to even if the idiots knew what the problem was. Which they don't, because the media never explains it to them.

It's not just you, its the entire Western world. We're all kept in a fat and happy delusion and given that, a stupid trade deficit is really the least of our problems. And in the context of how massive said deficit really truly actually is, that just illustrates how significant are the depth of the real issues.

• Like 3

Eddy

I think the terriffs are more about US controlling the very important steel and aluminum production process.  These are used in infrastructure and military.  Buying military steel frim China has bitten us before.  We're taking back control of our production, so we can control the quality. Trump is investing in infrastructure and military. Both need quality metals. 

27 minutes ago, Dr. Evil said:

They're the ambulance at the bottom of the cliff.

USA inc has many problems. Most of them were planned to benefit the 1% fatcats. We devalued our currency, we gave banksters the control of our money, we pushed FREE TRADE instead of fair trade, we went into a spending/debt orgy, for some strange reason we off shored our industry. Yeah, let's become a service economy. And BTW, let's not feel any guilt for using the child or slave labor in other countries to provide the USA inc population their goodies. 
     I would direct people to OPs opening statements about China. That appears to be a war footing. The big dogs on the block are going to fight in the not too distant future. Let me list the classic modern steps leading to WAR:
                1. Ecomomic Crash
                2. currency war
                3. Trade war
                4. Cyber war ( a new one to humanity)
                5. low intensity warfare
                6. Grey terrorism 
                7. Hot War  (this one finally gets the local's attention) 

Dr. Evil, I'm not going to hit LIKE on your above post; people might think I'm your groupie.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Eddy said:

I think the terriffs are more about US controlling the very important steel and aluminum production process.  These are used in infrastructure and military.  Buying military steel frim China has bitten us before.  We're taking back control of our production, so we can control the quality. Trump is investing in infrastructure and military. Both need quality metals. 

Yeah that's what Q said the other day. It rings true don't it.

2 hours ago, Lol said:

Ignorance is bliss... 

Then you must be downright orgasmic!  

HomelessPatriot

So we impose tariffs on the same day we go 1.3 Trillion dollars in debt to the same country we owe the debt? makes sense to me. I guess TPTB know we will default.

Posted (edited)

Considering China has hit us with tariffs for years on our imports to them these tariffs are a good thing. We have lost so much money to China because of trading with them and that have barly lost any money to us. I don't remember how much a year it is but it's in the billions. Also the tariffs trump put on china aren't near as high as the tariffs they have on us. Of course China is pissed but they can get over it. 

Edited by Groove

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.