BubbitoBurrito

Man Accused Of Letting Mom Die - Withheld Medicine

Me and my mother have had a tenuous relationship - I could never do her like that. A stone cold and hateful heart this man must have. Sad!

A Wake County man charged with letting his mother die on the floor of their home while he ignored her calls for help said he had not given her prescription medicines for six days before he reported her death, new information from the sheriff's office shows.

The information also shows that the son, Eric Paul Brunner, had been prescribed "assorted psyc[h] meds" and two drugs to control his blood sugar.

Investigators arrested Eric Paul Brunner, 39, on March 13 on charges of second-degree murder and elder abuse. The next day, they applied for a search warrant to seize medicines from the house.

Cynthia Brunner, 74, was found dead at the bottom of a set of stairs on Feb. 19 after Eric Brunner called 911. Wake County EMS medics and sheriff's deputies were sent to the house at 6801 Marksman Way near Cary. The son told investigators that he knew she likely would die if he neglected her, they have said.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article206172889.html

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Angry 2

5 hours ago, BubbitoBurrito said:

Me and my mother have had a tenuous relationship - I could never do her like that. A stone cold and hateful heart this man must have. Sad!

A Wake County man charged with letting his mother die on the floor of their home while he ignored her calls for help said he had not given her prescription medicines for six days before he reported her death, new information from the sheriff's office shows.

The information also shows that the son, Eric Paul Brunner, had been prescribed "assorted psyc[h] meds" and two drugs to control his blood sugar.

Investigators arrested Eric Paul Brunner, 39, on March 13 on charges of second-degree murder and elder abuse. The next day, they applied for a search warrant to seize medicines from the house.

Cynthia Brunner, 74, was found dead at the bottom of a set of stairs on Feb. 19 after Eric Brunner called 911. Wake County EMS medics and sheriff's deputies were sent to the house at 6801 Marksman Way near Cary. The son told investigators that he knew she likely would die if he neglected her, they have said.

http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/crime/article206172889.html

I'm surprised he didn't deny all of it. So we have someone on psych meds taking care of a sick elderly person. The government has their nose in everything else, why not this? Where it might have been warranted? 

8 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I'm surprised he didn't deny all of it. So we have someone on psych meds taking care of a sick elderly person. The government has their nose in everything else, why not this? Where it might have been warranted? 

"why not this" ---- I'm not sure

"Where it might have been warranted" ---- Simple welfare checks (as in checking on her) might have raised some red flags. The monster son had to have said something to somebody concerning his Mom. Then again, maybe not. The secluded and quiet type?

Your (my, our) questions are tough ones to answer.

Sad at best :(

9 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

It has no interest in elderly, sick people.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Zing said:

Ultimately, it has no interest in anything other than sustaining itself.

I have tried and tried to understand the mind set of people like this. I would really like to think that people are not this cruel and I am always so disappointed. People are so cruel to each other. And family members are brutal to each other. 

How can you sit and watch someone suffer and die like that? That takes a special hatred doesn't it? Your parent, child or spouse? Someone you are suppose to love and that loves you.... And you kill them... 

I do not understand this stuff. I really don't. And I'm told I make excuses for people because of their bad behavior and I do that too. I try to defuse situations if I can. Help someone see the other side or how the other side might be feeling at the time. I do not want to think someone is that cruel and I have no excuses for this type of stuff... I can not even really think of any.

You killed your Mom? What the hell? What was you thinking? And to sit there calmly and call 911? To watch her and ignore her until she died? I do not think those pills he's on are working at all. 

I miss my parents so much. Much more than I ever thought I would. I want my parents back. And here this dude kills his mom? WTF???? :tissuespls:

• Sad 2

4 hours ago, Zing said:

The most interest I've seen lately is their trying to take the elder's guns away.

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

The most interest I've seen lately is their trying to take the elder's guns away.

And look for cuts in Medicare (which they PAID into) and other services provided to the elderly.  It's shameful that many elderly ppl cannot afford to take medication that will improve their health.  I had a neighbor that could not afford her medicine.  I felt so bad, but had a 2 kids and a sick husband.

• Sad 2

Posted (edited)
7 hours ago, Zing said:

:clap1:

6 hours ago, BubbitoBurrito said:

Ultimately, it has no interest in anything other than sustaining itself.

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

The Medicare Part D program passed through Clinton's hands, but didn't get signed into law until George W.  But the comments that Clinton made at the time were that we're not here to take care of granny, but to make everyone depend on the government.  :grumpier:

I'm sure that a nursing home would do a better job.  

Edited by counterintelligence
  • Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.