silversides

Toys 'R' Us founder Charles Lazarus dies

silversides    245

by Chris Isidore and Julia Horowitz   @CNNMoneyMarch 22, 2018: 3:43 PM ET

Charles Lazarus, who founded Toys "R" Us 70 years ago, died Thursday, a week after the company announced it will be forced to shut down its U.S. operations.

Lazarus, 94, no longer held a stake in the chain. He started the company in 1948 when he was 25, anticipating that the post-war baby boom would create demand for baby supplies and toys. He remained CEO until 1994.

"He was the father of the toy business," said Michael Goldstein, who succeed him as CEO. "He knew the toys and loved the toys and loved the kids who would shop in the stores. His face lit up when he watched kids playing with toys."

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/22/news/companies/toys-r-us-founder-obituary/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fmoney_latest+(CNNMoney%3A+Latest+News)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Cinnamon    28,921

Lots of news about this company lately. I know he was old but maybe seeing the company he started go down didn't help any.

• Like 1

Full Throttle    2,100

Amazon is waiting in the wings to possibly buy up all the building's they own, fill them with merchandise and robots.   Oh yeah, and drones to deliver the goods when possible.  Very few humans to be involved.

September    467
20 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

Amazon is waiting in the wings to possibly buy up all the building's they own, fill them with merchandise and robots.   Oh yeah, and drones to deliver the goods when possible.  Very few humans to be involved.

Drones used for industry will later be used to silence dissidents.

23 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

Goy's R Us  !

• Haha 1

Cinnamon    28,921
35 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

My bff's husband just got hired at a new Amazon dist. center! I will have the inside info on that from her. Oh and they are not allowed cell phones inside or anything electronic. Amazon says it interferes with their robots/equipment that is inside the building. Side note: They have 2 babies, one is almost 3 the other 6 months, she's getting me screen shots as soon as she can of the forms they are making them fill out at the Pediatrician's office and I will post here when I get them. Juicy stuff! NWO to the max, she's going to homeschool and is fighting the vax's, she said 78 shots for vax now! 78!!!!!!

Full Throttle    2,100
1 minute ago, Cinnamon said:

My bff's husband just got hired at a new Amazon dist. center! I will have the inside info on that from her. Oh and they are not allowed cell phones inside or anything electronic. Amazon says it interferes with their robots/equipment that is inside the building. Side note: They have 2 babies, one is almost 3 the other 6 months, she's getting me screen shots as soon as she can of the forms they are making them fill out at the Pediatrician's office and I will post here when I get them. Juicy stuff! NWO to the max, she's going to homeschool and is fighting the vax's, she said 78 shots for vax now! 78!!!!!!

WOW!! Get the goods and post it up!!  :happy:

Cinnamon    28,921
1 minute ago, Full Throttle said:

WOW!! Get the goods and post it up!!  :happy:

I will! Can't wait. He hasn't started yet, just got hired. She's going to the ped in 2 weeks, should have the screenies by then. 

Full Throttle    2,100
6 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I will! Can't wait. He hasn't started yet, just got hired. She's going to the ped in 2 weeks, should have the screenies by then. 

Sweet!! Can't wait.  :D

apache54    6,061
3 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

Lots of news about this company lately. I know he was old but maybe seeing the company he started go down didn't help any.

My thoughts as well!

phxsparks    1,597
3 hours ago, silversides said:

by Chris Isidore and Julia Horowitz   @CNNMoneyMarch 22, 2018: 3:43 PM ET

Charles Lazarus, who founded Toys "R" Us 70 years ago, died Thursday, a week after the company announced it will be forced to shut down its U.S. operations.

Lazarus, 94, no longer held a stake in the chain. He started the company in 1948 when he was 25, anticipating that the post-war baby boom would create demand for baby supplies and toys. He remained CEO until 1994.

"He was the father of the toy business," said Michael Goldstein, who succeed him as CEO. "He knew the toys and loved the toys and loved the kids who would shop in the stores. His face lit up when he watched kids playing with toys."

http://money.cnn.com/2018/03/22/news/companies/toys-r-us-founder-obituary/index.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+rss%2Fmoney_latest+(CNNMoney%3A+Latest+News)

May he RIP. my kids certain got a lot of pleasure from his stores and toy offers.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.