RhetoricalRebel

The Great Pacific Garbage patch is now nearing the size of Alaska and growing

Posted (edited)

The Great Pacific Garbage Patch is now home to an estimated 160 million pounds of floating plastic refuge and encompasses an area of more than 600,000 square miles -- nearly the size of Alaska.

The latest estimates, the result of three years of research and two field expeditions, were published this week in the journal Scientific Reports.

In recent years, the gyre of floating plastic debris has accumulated a growing abundance of trash. Scientists with the Ocean Cleanup project estimate the patch now features 1.8 trillion pieces of trash.

https://www.upi.com/Science_News/2018/03/22/The-Great-Pacific-Garbage-Patch-is-getting-bigger/1381521735360/

Between this and foockishityama radiation, I'm surprised anything is alive in the pacific ocean.

Edited by RhetoricalRebel
  • Like 1

bet thats a good fishing spot ... the only shade patch

... oh and for the trash well thats the usa problem why well in 2040 when the usa cleanes it up thats why... caz we all know the places that dont care if u dump plastic in the ocean wont be footing the bill

If they can clean up oil spills they can clean this up. Recycle it! But, that's not an option because it would benefit life in many forms. Can't have that.

29 minutes ago, The Real Me said:

No pics or videos anywhere online of this island?....:signboard-ok-smiley-emoticon:

26 minutes ago, The Real Me said:

As real as global warming.

Here ya go.   Real as real gets.

• Like 1

mooddoom

Don't forget all the wonderful steel barrels full of radioactive waste, that have rusted through, the wonderful corexit drenched gulf, billions of gallons of petroleum products, and all the other delicious ingredients meandering throughout...

1 hour ago, Full Throttle said:

Here ya go.   Real as real gets.

Watched video no pictures of this island lots of mess but zero pics of this garbage island .I think this is a scam but if it helps people think about what there doing I'm good with it

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.