2many secrets

The French Know How: PARIS ERUPTS: Furious scenes on streets of France as THOUSANDS rally against Macron

Posted (edited)

Remember the French Revolution.. Bastille Day?  When it comes to a protest The French got it down!

The protestors, if I have it right, want the continued government support of funding the very long paid vacation time (6 weeks I think) that come with government and many other jobs. With the influx of emigrants and an already stretched economy Marcon has little choice, I think.

PARIS ERUPTS: Furious scenes on streets of France as THOUSANDS rally against Macron

ANGER has erupted against French President Emmanuel Macron’s nationwide reforms with tear gas being unleashed on protestors in angry scenes on the streets of Paris and Nantes. Thousands took part in a rallies across the country over the leader’s enforced changes this morning.

Laura Mowat

Express.co.uk | 2018-03-22T15:57:00Z

In the French capital, Students were caught in an angry face off with riot police, who fired tear gas in response.

Officers in Nantes also fired tear gas and water cannons at protestors in more furious scenes.

Services have ground to a halt across the country.

Teachers, train conductors and airline controllers walked off the job across France on Thursday, disrupting transport and public services in a test of public anger with President Emmanuel Macron's reform drive.

Unions said one in four primary schools were on strike, while electricity generation dropped by over three gigawatts (GW), the equivalent of three nuclear reactors, as gas and electricity sector workers joined the strike.

Some 150 protest marches are scheduled, including two rallies starting at around 1300 GMT in Paris.

Opinion polls show a paradox: a majority of voters back the strike but an even bigger majority back the reforms, including cutting the number of public sector workers and introducing merit-based pay.

Great photos via link

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world/935490/Paris-protests-french-rally-emmanuel-macron-reforms-paris-riots

Edited by 2many secrets

1 hour ago, 2many secrets said:

Opinion polls show a paradox: a majority of voters back the strike but an even bigger majority back the reforms, including cutting the number of public sector workers and introducing merit-based pay.

Can someone explain the math of this to me?

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.