Ric278

SCOTUS allows class-action lawsuits for Flint water crisis

Ric278    847

State and city officials in Flint, Michigan can now be sued as a result of the ongoing water contamination crisis. The class-action lawsuits come on top of criminal charges that have already been filed. RT’s Manila Chan reports.

It looks like the people of Flint may actually get some real justice !

sybdragon    1,801

The wheels of justice do move slowly don't they? How long has it been since they found this out? A few years now I think.... And they are having to use bottled water still or last time I heard about it. It's not repaired yet. Wonder if they can repair it? I would think they have to replace them. And I would think that a whole lot of people are going to get free medical for life. That's what I would want. Lead in the water causes problems and those problems are costly. I would want some excellent doctors on my case and one of those fancy private hospitals. I do not like roommates and most hospitals want to put you in a room with roommates you do not even know. And you share a bathroom with that person. I don't like that. Can not sit on the toilet without wiping it off if you get a roommate. You don't know what they got. They are sick and in the hospital. That is not a good sign they are healthy to me. :gsbrnint:

This is good news for those affected by this stuff. Maybe others will take heed and start to repair some of their pipes that no one knows about yet in other places. Here's a fast link that Pennsylvania talks about lead in their water... https://extension.psu.edu/lead-in-drinking-water

So this is opening a can of worms really. We shall see if it has an effect at all. Maybe some other water companies will take notice and replace some of their old pipes. Dang... water bills going up? Crap.... Always something isn't it? :pulling-hair:

Full Throttle    2,058

Where is the money going to come from to pay the people if they win? They don't have any to fix the pipes, so where they going to get it to pony up if they lose?

DRUMZ    1,665
4 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

Where is the money going to come from to pay the people if they win? They don't have any to fix the pipes, so where they going to get it to pony up if they lose?

That's what I was thinking. I thought that flint was beyond broke.  They will probably get some money from the stare though. Lawyers that is.... 

Full Throttle    2,058

Even if the people win, the water co, will just raise the rates,  kind of a no win situation except the fact that an actual lawsuit is finally going forward.

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.