Jump to content
Sign Up To Remove Ads! | Purchase An Ad Slot!
BeachedOnMars

Ever Tried Dowsing?

Recommended Posts

I was digging a hole hole for a swimming pool and needed to check for some wires before I dug any further. Friend I had on the job took two wires about 2ft long and bent handles on them. He took off walking and showed me how they crossed on top of the place he said there were wires and showed me the direction they were running. I thought he was just making them cross on purpose.  I grabbed them and tried them, they immediately crossed in the same location.  We later found from the homeowner that he had buried wires exactly under where the wires crossed, he even dug them up and moved them.  Never would have believed it if I hadnt seen it.

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    28,888
4 minutes ago, BeachedOnMars said:

I was digging a hole hole for a swimming pool and needed to check for some wires before I dug any further. Friend I had on the job took two wires about 2ft long and bent handles on them. He took off walking and showed me how they crossed on top of the place he said there were wires and showed me the direction they were running. I thought he was just making them cross on purpose.  I grabbed them and tried them, they immediately crossed in the same location.  We later found from the homeowner that he had buried wires exactly under where the wires crossed, he even dug them up and moved them.  Never would have believed it if I hadnt seen it.

I didn't know dowsing worked for anything but finding water. That's really interesting! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Cinnamon said:

I didn't know dowsing worked for anything but finding water. That's really interesting! 

Some could say the electric field in the wires caused them to cross, but they were not on at the time.  Also, the amount of current flow for them to have an effect on the two wires above ground would have to be phenomenal. Also if they work for water, has to be something else at work there.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These are the kinds of things in life I am continually processing in my brain.  Trying to find a "unified field theory" of everything, lol.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Cinnamon    28,888

Dowsing my 100th Silver Coin of the Year

Some of the comments are not very nice on this video. But it shows a pair of the dowsing rods. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Full Throttle said:

Wow, learn something new every day.  Thanks for the info!!  

It is strange stuff. I brought another good friend out to the job a day later to help me,  He thought I was crazy, I told him to grab the wires and try it,  he did, and had the same results, I will never forget his reaction when they crossed, he just gave me a weird look, threw them down and walked away.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Full Throttle    2,058
2 minutes ago, BeachedOnMars said:

These are the kinds of things in life I am continually processing in my brain.  Trying to find a "unified field theory" of everything, lol.

Excellent, post all findings here.   So we all can benefit!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Picklesnout    1,394

Dowsing for water is something I've always wanted to try, but how would you know if you were wrong? Eventually you dig and hit water, more often than not, yet there seems to be something to it. Very interesting that it worked with electricity as well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Dowsing my 100th Silver Coin of the Year

Some of the comments are not very nice on this video. But it shows a pair of the dowsing rods. 

I would have trouble doing that in a public place,  people would probably report me.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 drip    142

here is one of the commenters from the above vid:

Quote

To everyone claiming that dowsing actually works, contact the James Randy Foundation immediately and go get your one million dollars. Should be no problem if dowsing actually works (hint: there's a reason no one has claimed the money yet).

 

wow! my gramps would have been a millionaire

no special meditations or incantations,

he would just take two pieces of wire or willow branches and tell you where to dig and how deep before you hit water

to him it was no different than fixing small engines, just a learned skill

 

when the drillers could not find water on a property they would call my grandpa, he was well known for that ability in the area

i watched him do it many times, the depth part was impressive though

 

i reckon it has to do with the person's own 'frequency/diamagnetism',

as i could not do it, but my brother could

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Seeker22    838
1 hour ago, Picklesnout said:

Dowsing for water is something I've always wanted to try, but how would you know if you were wrong? Eventually you dig and hit water, more often than not, yet there seems to be something to it. Very interesting that it worked with electricity as well.

When I had the well dug, I dowsed. The well driller asked me to. I knew how and hit it on the first run. Ten grand later, I still have water. This is the stuff we used to get burned at the stake for back in the old days. Alas, not everybody thinks scientifically. Dowsing is a handy thing to know.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×