Cinnamon

Confronting Oakland Mayor Who Tipped Off Illegals

Cinnamon    28,918

When meeting Libby Schaff, I confronted her on the topic of the sanctuary state and why it's against federal law. Libby Schaff claims she's "proud to be an American" but betrays her own American citizens for whom she swore under oath.

You go girl!!!!!!  :happy:

• Like 1

BadBrad    206

That cracks me up. The little news reporterette is wearing a pink T shirt that says "Barbie."
It amazes me how so many of these politicians think they are above the Law, it does not apply to them, and they can do as they please without consequence. A bigger question: if they pick and choose the laws they obey, why can't do
the same?

• Like 1

crabb    479

Well maybe it will come back to bite her in the butt.

http://fromthetrenchesworldreport.com/illegal-immigrants-who-dodged-california-ice-raid-after-dem-mayors-tip-off-re-arrested-for-new-crimes/221824

But on Tuesday, officials said that at least three of those who were targeted in the raid, but were not apprehended, had since been arrested for additional crimes.

One was a Mexican national arrested for robbery and gun crimes, who was released back into the community for a prior offense despite an ICE detainer request in November.

Another Mexican national was arrested for a DUI, despite having been deported three times and prior convictions for false imprisonment, DUI and battery of a spouse.

The third was a Mexican national who was arrested for corporal injury of a spouse, despite being deported twice and criminal convictions including drug possession, hit-and-run, DUIs, possessions of narcotics equipment and a parole violation.

thoth    372

Hmmm 

the kid was wrong when she said fed law trump state law 

that is not true 

the constitution was written just for that reason 

fed law only has jurisdiction if it cross’s state lines 

but the mayor  is also breaking state law letting criminal s go 

its just bad business 

she’ll go down for this 

• Like 2

COBO Member    4,309

Makes me wonder which side of the fence the sheriff is on. He has the jurisdiction to stop the mayor, if he wanted to. I really haven't kept up on this whole thing other than the blurbs I see.

YaKnow2.0    955
1 hour ago, thoth said:

Hmmm 

the kid was wrong when she said fed law trump state law 

that is not true 

the constitution was written just for that reason 

fed law only has jurisdiction if it cross’s state lines 

but the mayor  is also breaking state law letting criminal s go 

its just bad business 

she’ll go down for this 

THANK YOU!!!SO many dont realize this and think the gov has the final say!!And im pretty sure a sherriff of a town trumps state laws(correct me if im wrong)

• Like 1

sybdragon    1,805
30 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

Apparently on the sheriff?

No. This would be a federal offense and she would be arrested and taken before a federal court. They do not have to take her down right now. I wouldn't take her down right now. The court system needs to be cleaned out first. I am not sure of all the laws here so this is what I understand about how it all works. They can arrest her but she will go before a federal judge in that district unless they can get the trial moved for some reason. And they would have to get a judge to sign off on that too. This all has to do with the judges. The DA (District Attorney) can bring charges against someone but the judge usually has a say in what can be shown as evidence and we have all seen what the 9th circuit court is like. Think any judge out that way would give her any jail time? This is one you collect all this video evidence she is leaving all over social media and the press. She is out front and center and just blabbing that mouth. And she has the right to remain silent unless you give up that right and looks like to me, she is singing like a canary that is well fed and doesn't realize that she is on a clock of 'statute of limitations'. She better hope she can run out that clock but I do not think she will. Most of them are 7 years so.... Long time to sit and wonder if you are going to prison isn't it? And the clock stops when you are served as you time is up and the statute is no longer available to you.  

So they will need to let this fish go for a while. One day, they will snatch her up, when the conditions are right and convict her. I would love for them to just throw her in jail but..... I want her to get convicted. And I don't believe she would get convicted by the justice system there. Even the federal one. 

I know it sucks that she is running around free as a bird. But when she is taken down, we also want to be able to give her some jail time and a hefty fine if one is called for in the penalties. The way the law works is that we have a thing called, 'double jeopardy'. There is even a movie with Ashley Judge in it called that. The movie explains it very well. It was a good movie too. But we can not legally bring the same charges up against someone twice. You only get one shot at this. Make it count. It's why they want you to cop a plea. That way, the jury doesn't let you off. Hard to get 12 people to agree on something. And those 12 people are chosen by the DA and your lawyer. So.... This is the courts in California, half way down you get to the federal courts districts there. And she would be tried in one of those districts. They need to replace some judges first. ;)  http://www.courts.ca.gov/998.htm

Now if they declare California to be unlawful and go in and arrest the entire government, declare martial law.... That would be a military type court I would think. So look around and see who if anyone is called up. State militias, the National Guards I would think. Maybe the regular military but the Guard would be soldiering there too keeping the peace if they put California under martial law. It could happen ya know. We can always dream and if you are going to dream.... Dream BIG!!! :gsbrnint:

Cinnamon    28,918
2 minutes ago, YaKnow2.0 said:

THANK YOU!!!SO many dont realize this and think the gov has the final say!!And im pretty sure a sherriff of a town trumps state laws(correct me if im wrong)

It's the 10th Amendment:

Tenth Amendment - Reserved Powers. The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

And here's the Sheriff's thing:

Power of the county sheriff

One thing stands in the way: the sheriff! Not all states or counties have one, but the sheriff, an elected official, is usually known as the highest law enforcer of the county and has law enforcement powers exceeding that of any other state or federal official.Jul 8, 2013

A state constitution can't be in conflict with the U.S. Constitution. They have to be totally in line with each other. States can't make up their own immigration laws. Period. And that it what this mayor and others like her are doing when trying to make Sanctuary Cities. They don't have control over immigration laws, the Feds have it. 

More info:

The similarity between these events and what is happening today are eerie. While there are many areas over which the states and the federal government share responsibility — or where the Tenth Amendment gives responsibility to the states — immigration is not one of them. Section 8 of Article I gives Congress exclusive authority to “establish a uniform Rule of Naturalization,” just as Section 8 gives Congress the exclusive authority to establish and collect all “Imposts and Excises” or tariffs. The states have no authority in these areas at all. They can no more dispute the immigration rules established by Congress than they could dispute the tariffs imposed by Congress back in 1832.

This makes perfect sense. Any other rule would produce chaos. Think of the enormous problems that would be caused by border states such as Texas or California deciding that they would ignore federal law and apply their own immigration rules to individuals coming across the Mexican border into the United States — or if states decided that they would impose their own tariffs on foreign goods coming into their states in addition to those imposed by the federal government. In fact, it was that kind of behavior that was restricting trade under the Articles of Confederation between states such as Virginia and Maryland that helped lead to the call for a constitutional convention.

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/sanctuary-cities-thats-constitutional-hell-no

• Like 2

COBO Member    4,309
10 minutes ago, sybdragon said:

No. This would be a federal offense and she would be arrested and taken before a federal court. They do not have to take her down right now. I wouldn't take her down right now. The court system needs to be cleaned out first. I am not sure of all the laws here so this is what I understand about how it all works. They can arrest her but she will go before a federal judge in that district unless they can get the trial moved for some reason. And they would have to get a judge to sign off on that too. This all has to do with the judges. The DA (District Attorney) can bring charges against someone but the judge usually has a say in what can be shown as evidence and we have all seen what the 9th circuit court is like. Think any judge out that way would give her any jail time? This is one you collect all this video evidence she is leaving all over social media and the press. She is out front and center and just blabbing that mouth. And she has the right to remain silent unless you give up that right and looks like to me, she is singing like a canary that is well fed and doesn't realize that she is on a clock of 'statute of limitations'. She better hope she can run out that clock but I do not think she will. Most of them are 7 years so.... Long time to sit and wonder if you are going to prison isn't it? And the clock stops when you are served as you time is up and the statute is no longer available to you.  

So they will need to let this fish go for a while. One day, they will snatch her up, when the conditions are right and convict her. I would love for them to just throw her in jail but..... I want her to get convicted. And I don't believe she would get convicted by the justice system there. Even the federal one. 

I know it sucks that she is running around free as a bird. But when she is taken down, we also want to be able to give her some jail time and a hefty fine if one is called for in the penalties. The way the law works is that we have a thing called, 'double jeopardy'. There is even a movie with Ashley Judge in it called that. The movie explains it very well. It was a good movie too. But we can not legally bring the same charges up against someone twice. You only get one shot at this. Make it count. It's why they want you to cop a plea. That way, the jury doesn't let you off. Hard to get 12 people to agree on something. And those 12 people are chosen by the DA and your lawyer. So.... This is the courts in California, half way down you get to the federal courts districts there. And she would be tried in one of those districts. They need to replace some judges first. ;)  http://www.courts.ca.gov/998.htm

Now if they declare California to be unlawful and go in and arrest the entire government, declare martial law.... That would be a military type court I would think. So look around and see who if anyone is called up. State militias, the National Guards I would think. Maybe the regular military but the Guard would be soldiering there too keeping the peace if they put California under martial law. It could happen ya know. We can always dream and if you are going to dream.... Dream BIG!!! :gsbrnint:

Holy sh!t, Syb! I was making a joke. A crude sexual joke!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.