roamer

Chief Rabbi Calls Black People ‘Monkeys’ in Sermon

Don't you dare call them racists!

One of Israel’s most senior religious leaders, Sephardic Chief Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef, has stoked controversy after calling black people “monkeys,” seeming to target black Americans specifically during a sermon.

Yosef made the remarks in footage aired by the Israeli news site Ynet, reportedly citing a hypothetical story about encountering a black person in the U.S. He then referred to black people using the pejorative Hebrew word “kushi” and called a black person a “monkey.”

In a response to the Israeli press, Yosef’s office said there was a religious context to the comparison made in the rabbi’s weekly sermon.

<snip>

http://www.newsweek.com/chief-rabbi-calls-african-americans-monkeys-sermon-853603

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Posted (edited)

Where is the outrage and uproar?  Would Sephardic Chief Rabbi Yitzhak Yosef like it if he were referred to as a penguin?

Edited by londonorchar

Hmm 

i don’t want to sound racist but I was just thinking about this 

I could not come up with an answer 

quiz

name me 1 country run by black race that is doing anything for their people like

hunger poverty death no education

high rate birth defects

hmm let’s call it shit hole countrys

can you name 1 place that isn’t a shit hole ? 

5 hours ago, Full Throttle said:

Weren't their black Hebrews among the tribes?   I don't know but just asking.

There is a belief (especially among Jewish religious scholars) that the black folk are as a result of Noah's curse on Ham.  It is not directly said, but they have made the assumption based on the wording of the scripture.  Therefore the comment from the Rabbi comes as no surprise. ((We all know that an assumption makes an ass-out-of-u-and-me)).

Genesis 9:20-27 New International Version (NIV)

20 Noah, a man of the soil, proceeded[a] to plant a vineyard. 21 When he drank some of its wine, he became drunk and lay uncovered inside his tent. 22 Ham, the father of Canaan, saw his father naked and told his two brothers outside. 23 But Shem and Japheth took a garment and laid it across their shoulders; then they walked in backward and covered their father’s naked body. Their faces were turned the other way so that they would not see their father naked.

24 When Noah awoke from his wine and found out what his youngest son had done to him, 25 he said,

“Cursed be Canaan!
    The lowest of slaves
    will he be to his brothers.”

26 He also said,

“Praise be to the Lord, the God of Shem!
    May Canaan be the slave of Shem.
27 May God extend Japheth’s territory;
    may Japheth live in the tents of Shem,
    and may Canaan be the slave of Japheth.”

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Full Throttle said:

Weren't their black Hebrews among the tribes?   I don't know but just asking.

Yep. Ethiopian Jews, also called Beta Israel.

Tribe of Dan

To prove the antiquity and authenticity of their claims, the Beta Israel cite the 9th-century CE testimony of Eldad ha-Dani (the Danite), from a time before the Zagwean dynasty was established. Eldad was a Jewish man of dark skin who appeared in Egypt and created a stir in that Jewish community (and elsewhere in the Mediterranean Jewish communities he visited) with claims that he had come from a Jewish kingdom of pastoralists far to the south. The only language Eldad spoke was a hitherto unknown dialect of Hebrew. Although he strictly followed the Mosaic commandments, his observance differed in some details from Rabbinic halakhah. Some observers thought that he might be a Karaite, although his practice also differed from theirs. He carried Hebrew books that supported his explanations of halakhah. He cited ancient authorities in the scholarly traditions of his own people.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_Israel#Tribe_of_Dan

For those who are all getting bent out of shape over this, at least he didn't add "so cut the infidel's head off" to the end of this.

John 8:7

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Share Our Content, Evil People Hate Us!

• Chatbox

Load More
    You don't have permission to chat.
  • Latest Club Activity