Jump to content
Sign Up To Remove Ads! | Purchase An Ad Slot!
Ukshep

Man dies after getting his head stuck under Gold Class cinema seat in tragic UK accident

Recommended Posts

 Ukshep    25,442

The man was attempting to retrieve his phone which had dropped between two of the seats at the Vue Cinema in Birmingham by climbing under the seats when the foot rest triggered and clamped down on his head.

The Birmingham Mail reports that his partner and staff were forced to break the electronic chair to free him.

A statement released by Vue Cinema today confirmed that the man died in hospital on Friday March 16, one week after the accident occurred.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/world/man-dies-after-getting-his-head-stuck-under-gold-class-cinema-seat-in-tragic-uk-accident

Talk about a freak accident! geez. Even the chairs are out to get us all :D

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 phxsparks    1,597
8 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

The man was attempting to retrieve his phone which had dropped between two of the seats at the Vue Cinema in Birmingham by climbing under the seats when the foot rest triggered and clamped down on his head.

The Birmingham Mail reports that his partner and staff were forced to break the electronic chair to free him.

A statement released by Vue Cinema today confirmed that the man died in hospital on Friday March 16, one week after the accident occurred.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/world/man-dies-after-getting-his-head-stuck-under-gold-class-cinema-seat-in-tragic-uk-accident

Talk about a freak accident! geez. Even the chairs are out to get us all :D

Face book did it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Hung Likable    387

Movies are way too expensive these days. I hope they at least refunded his ticket price before he died.
Plus I hope his girlfriend scores free popcorn coupons for her next visit with a follow-up Chad (probably tonite).

In all seriousness, I would never crawl under a public seat in a movie theater.  It's filthy as hell down there.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Automan63    3,001

Darwin FTW!!

Been saying it for years, Darwin has a seat warmed up for those who’ll take it.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    25,442
54 minutes ago, Automan63 said:

Darwin FTW!!

Been saying it for years, Darwin has a seat warmed up for those who’ll take it.

But seriously this is one of those things that anyone of us could do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 McKenna77    323
6 hours ago, Ukshep said:

The man was attempting to retrieve his phone which had dropped between two of the seats at the Vue Cinema in Birmingham by climbing under the seats when the foot rest triggered and clamped down on his head.

The Birmingham Mail reports that his partner and staff were forced to break the electronic chair to free him.

A statement released by Vue Cinema today confirmed that the man died in hospital on Friday March 16, one week after the accident occurred.

https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/world/man-dies-after-getting-his-head-stuck-under-gold-class-cinema-seat-in-tragic-uk-accident

Talk about a freak accident! geez. Even the chairs are out to get us all :D

No doubt smartphones are killing devices.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Automan63    3,001
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

But seriously this is one of those things that anyone of us could do.

I guess. I try and not shove my head anywhere that I won’t get it back though..:blink:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Ukshep    25,442
24 minutes ago, Automan63 said:

I guess. I try and not shove my head anywhere that I won’t get it back though..:blink:

Yeah... I once got a toilet potty stuck on my head. Had to go to accident & emergency and get it cut off. :gsbrnint:

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 Automan63    3,001
21 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Yeah... I once got a toilet potty stuck on my head. Had to go to accident & emergency and get it cut off. :gsbrnint:

I got nuthin man....

can’t even go there....  :gsbrnint:

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×