oldcynic

18k Persons Indicted Under Trump's March 1st Exec Order

From the "I'll believe it when I see it" department:

That military tribunal executive order we saw March 1st could be going into effect.  One can only hope and pray.

"The new Military Manuel for Court Martial was issued on March 1, 2018. It is a 636-page annex to EO 13818, and prepares the way for Nuremberg-type tribunals, ANNEX 1 Section 1. Part II of the Manual for Courts-Martial, United …"

"There are now over 18,000 sealed indictments. Guantanamo Bay Prison is being prepared, and the Specially Designated Nationals And Blocked Persons List (SDN …  of people, corporations and foundations have had their assets frozen by the U.S. Treasury Department based on Trump’s Dec. 21 EO.  Currently the list is over 1108 pages of Foundations, organizations, corporations and people that have operated for decades within the swampy Deep State without a hint of interference from law enforcement."

https://newswithviews.com/trump-indicts-18000-including-hillary-clinton-harry-reid/ 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, oldcynic said:

From the "I'll believe it when I see it" department:

That military tribunal executive order we saw March 1st could be going into effect.  One can only hope and pray.

"The new Military Manuel for Court Martial was issued on March 1, 2018. It is a 636-page annex to EO 13818, and prepares the way for Nuremberg-type tribunals, ANNEX 1 Section 1. Part II of the Manual for Courts-Martial, United …"

"There are now over 18,000 sealed indictments. Guantanamo Bay Prison is being prepared, and the Specially Designated Nationals And Blocked Persons List (SDN …  of people, corporations and foundations have had their assets frozen by the U.S. Treasury Department based on Trump’s Dec. 21 EO.  Currently the list is over 1108 pages of Foundations, organizations, corporations and people that have operated for decades within the swampy Deep State without a hint of interference from law enforcement."

https://newswithviews.com/trump-indicts-18000-including-hillary-clinton-harry-reid/ 

So as far as the MSM is concerned.  Where are these people?

Got to solidify that power.... So the next phase can happen! Remember these words I'd say. But then I know nothing. I only feel raw instinct!

4 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Got to solidify that power.... So the next phase can happen! Remember these words I'd say. But then I know nothing. I only feel raw instinct!

Ah ha!  All the weapons and personnel MUST be in place before he throws the shit into the fan.  Quick................Take cover!

• Like 1

Would someone who has read through the ~1 to 2 page cover of that March 1 EO please explain the recurring date of January 1, 2019??

2 minutes ago, AztlanRising said:

Would someone who has read through the ~1 to 2 page cover of that March 1 EO please explain the recurring date of January 1, 2019??

I thought I read it closely.  Good point, I'm gonna check it out.:read:

11 minutes ago, AztlanRising said:

Sec. 3.  (a)  Pursuant to section 5542 of the Military

Justice Act of 2016 (MJA), division E of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017, Public Law 114-328, 130 Stat. 2000, 2967 (2016), except as otherwise provided by the MJA or this order, the MJA shall take effect on January 1, 2019.

(b)  Nothing in the MJA shall be construed to make punishable any act done or omitted prior to January 1, 2019, that was not punishable when done or omitted.

(c)  Nothing in title LX of the MJA shall be construed to invalidate the prosecution of any offense committed before January 1, 2019.  The maximum punishment for an offense committed before January 1, 2019, shall not exceed the maximum punishment in effect at the time of the commission of such offense.

Source for below:        http://www.caaflog.com/category/military-justice-legislation/military-justice-act-of-2016/

5542(b) of the Military Justice Act of 2016 requires the President to “prescribe regulations implementing [the MJA] not later than one year after the date of the enactment of this Act.”

That date was yesterday.

To my knowledge, President Trump has not signed an executive order implementing the proposed changes to the Manual for Courts-Martial.

Assuming President Trump has not acted, this is the second administration in a row to be significantly tardy in military justice matters. During the Obama administration, we waited more than four years for regulations implementing the 2012 version for Article 120, and we never got an update to Mil. R. Evid. 413 to resolve constitutional problems identified in 2011 (though President Obama was quite diligent about making prosecution-friendly changes to the MCM).

Looks like Ovomit had the opportunity to sign this MJA, which he did not.  I interpret it to mean there is no crime exempt from the time this order is issued and punishment remains what it would have been at the time of the crime being committed.  Anyone else?

6 minutes ago, oldcynic said:

Sec. 3.  (a)  Pursuant to section 5542 of the Military

Justice Act of 2016 (MJA), division E of the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2017, Public Law 114-328, 130 Stat. 2000, 2967 (2016), except as otherwise provided by the MJA or this order, the MJA shall take effect on January 1, 2019.

(b)  Nothing in the MJA shall be construed to make punishable any act done or omitted prior to January 1, 2019, that was not punishable when done or omitted.

(c)  Nothing in title LX of the MJA shall be construed to invalidate the prosecution of any offense committed before January 1, 2019.  The maximum punishment for an offense committed before January 1, 2019, shall not exceed the maximum punishment in effect at the time of the commission of such offense.

As I read through this the first time this morning and thought about the timing of actually unleashing military tribunals on high level civilian suspects, somehow I got the impression based on seeing that recurring "January 1, 2019" date that we wouldn't see anything like this happening for about another year.

I just have the feeling that, like the market volatility of early 2018, we're going to see some wild swings of things with no real justice being served, at least not visibly in the form of public legalities til late 2018 at the earliest, and if my first impression upon reading this EO is correct, not til early 2019.

7 hours ago, oldcynic said:

One can only hope and pray.

This whole thing might be a work in progress. And there are so many things people are demanding this new President fix ASAP. He has taken major flax from the day he announced his intentions to run for President. It has not let up. In fact,
aside from the fact I wish the Playboy Bunny & Stormy Daniels would accuse me of having an affair with them publicly, the old S-E-X playbook is being brought out once more. It is for the average citizens who have the attention span of
a grasshopper. 
      The Donald has broad shoulders to walk this path. I feel bad for his family and friends who will draw ugly attention by default. Still standing my ground here. He looks to me like the grey champion of a 4th turning. Old Cynic, that was
a good article for the link to newswithviews. Well worth the read. 

• Like 1

Posted (edited)

18,000? Thats too low, I am sure there are more than 18,000 corrupt P.O.S. in government. America needs a FULL cleansing, a few laws changed on term limits, and a way for the people to easily remove the elected person if they are not working for the people. Make ALL government positions voluntary. If one deserves pay then they are paid the equivalent to what an E-4 in the military earns.

Time to separate the wheat from the chaff, Grandpa would say.

Edited by Delysid
word change

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.