Ukshep

Man with Down Syndrome Tells U.N. ‘I Am a Human Being, Not a Birth Defect’

Ukshep    25,465

John Franklin Stephens, a man with Down syndrome, told the United Nations that a world without people like him would be “a poorer world, a colder world, a less happy world.”

In a moving speech before the 37th session of the Human Rights Council last week, Mr. Stephens told his audience that the most important thing that can be done to improve the lives of people with Down syndrome is to remember their status as human beings, equal in dignity to everyone else.

“I am a man,” Stephens said. “See me as a human being, not a birth defect, not a syndrome. I don’t need to be eradicated. I don’t need to be cured. I need to be loved, valued, educated and, sometimes, helped.”

Mr. Stephens was invited to speak at the U.N. days before the celebration of World Down Syndrome Day 2018, to be held on March 21.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/19/man-syndrome-tells-u-n-human-not-birth-defect/

You know. People like this suffer more than most in a lot of ways and it teaches them great insight and wisdom. Despite what he has been born with, He is as he says a human being and his words ring true!

• Like 3

markovian    210

sorry you where born with downs syndrome ... but u want a world with more people suffering like you ... whoever conviced you this was a bad thing eqates ur suffering to dollars enjoy being used

John Galt    2,156
6 hours ago, Ukshep said:

John Franklin Stephens, a man with Down syndrome, told the United Nations that a world without people like him would be “a poorer world, a colder world, a less happy world.”

In a moving speech before the 37th session of the Human Rights Council last week, Mr. Stephens told his audience that the most important thing that can be done to improve the lives of people with Down syndrome is to remember their status as human beings, equal in dignity to everyone else.

“I am a man,” Stephens said. “See me as a human being, not a birth defect, not a syndrome. I don’t need to be eradicated. I don’t need to be cured. I need to be loved, valued, educated and, sometimes, helped.”

Mr. Stephens was invited to speak at the U.N. days before the celebration of World Down Syndrome Day 2018, to be held on March 21.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2018/03/19/man-syndrome-tells-u-n-human-not-birth-defect/

You know. People like this suffer more than most in a lot of ways and it teaches them great insight and wisdom. Despite what he has been born with, He is as he says a human being and his words ring true!

I had to take care of people who are heavily disabled.. I had the 'Red Cross Care' we are forced to provide. Most treat them like pets.. and they cant improve this way.. they can though

• Like 1

Groove    2,348
6 hours ago, Ukshep said:

:kaneclap:

way to go standing up to the scum that wants to kill off people because of some issue that the elite more than likely caused. 

neelragingbluefury   
neelragingbluefury

The system (i.e. eve/athena/whatever) does this to make human whipping boys.  At no time would I ever agree with it.  They are messed up in the head.  Satanic idiots that think torturing people is love...not just in my own demon magnet case but in people that can't defend themselves.  THEY make the division to feed their subhumans.  

One of the reasons why I act against them.

sybdragon    1,805

I have found that people with Down's syndrome are actually a lot more intelligent than people think they are. And if you call them on it, they KNOW this too. People with Down's are so used to being treated different that when you treat them just like you do others, they really appreciate it. I have 2 Down's friends. They are more intelligent than most of the 'normal' people I know. I do not consider myself more intelligent than them. I pick up things faster but they also can learn the same stuff it just takes them a little more time than it takes me. And sometimes, they are faster than me picking stuff up. They are not stupid by any stretch of the imagination. 

Now some people would say that the ones I know are considered, highly functional. And I will agree with that. I grew up with a boy that everyone overlooked because he was a Down's baby. I didn't overlook his bad manners and I called him on them just like his brother did. And the boy now makes his own money collecting scraps last time I was in that town. Saw him and talked to him. He refused to live on disability. Said it wasn't no money and he wanted money. So he collected scrap to supplement it. Had an old truck he drove around town. Under the table of course.  :gsbrnint:  

My girl friend is considered Down's. I am thinking about teaching her to drive too. When the hubby dies, I am thinking about moving out of state and she will need to know how to drive so she can get around to her doctors. Her daughter drives. Her adult daughter has Down's. They can do stuff except they both have some physical problems which Down's people sometimes have. Not all Down's people have physical problems. And some of the problems can be fixed. My cousin's little girl learned sign language because of her mouth. Something was wrong with it and they got it fixed. But they taught her sign language before she could speak. And her favorite word was, banana. More banana. She loves bananas and her granny keeps them just for her too.  :gsbrnint:

We should not abort Down's babies. I do not believe in abortion. IMO, abortion is murder. And I do not understand how you can murder your own child. 

• Like 1

McKenna77    323

Of course a human being, but a VAXXINE DEFECT either.

But don't worry, vaccinations are wonderfull, and having a baby with down syndrome is better to have a healthier one.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.