gxer

Edward Snowden: Facebook Is A Surveillance Company Rebranded As "Social Media"

gxer    499

Edward Snowden: Facebook Is A Surveillance Company Rebranded As "Social Media"

NSA whistleblower and former CIA employee Edward Snowden slammed Facebook in a Saturday tweet following the suspension of Strategic Communication Laboratories (SCL) and its political data analytics firm, Cambridge Analytica, over what Facebook says was imporoper use of collected data. 

In a nutshell, in 2015 Cambridge Analytica bought data from a University of Cambridge psychology professor, Dr. Aleksandr Kogan, who had developed an app called "thisisyourdigitallife" that vacuumed up loads of information on users and their contacts. After making Kogan and Cambridge Analytica promise to delete the data the app had gathered, Facebook received reports (from sources they would not identify) which claimed that not all the data had been deleted - which led the social media giant to delete Cambridge Analytica and parent company SCL's accounts. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-18/edward-snowden-facebook-surveillance-company-rebranded-social-media

excellent article

Malevolent    3,454

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2018-03-19/facebook-tumbles-over-systemic-problems-data-breach-drags-nasdaq-lower

According to Pivotal analyst Brian Wieser, Facebook reports raise risk to the enhanced use of data in advertising, as well as opens up third-party measurement partners to increased restrictions, which may frustrate advertisers. Still, Pivotal remains bullish as it sees no near-term tangible impact on the business, as advertisers aren’t likely to “suddenly change” their spending growth trajectory.

It may have to reconsider however, following the latest report from research company eMarketer, which in its latest report predicts the combined U.S. digital ad market share of Google and Facebook will fall for the first time this year, shrinking to 56.8% from 58.5% last year, the WSJ reported. This however should be offset by overall digital ad spending in the US, which is likely to grow nearly 19% to $107 billion in 2018.

Google and Facebook have long dominated the U.S. digital advertising market for years, earning them the title of “the digital duopoly” and leaving competitors scrambling for crumbs. But now there are signs that platforms like Amazon and Snapchat are chipping away at their market share. And while the dupoloy is still increasing its total ad revenue significantly, and no other competitor even cracks 5% market share, the smaller rivals are growing more quickly than expected and are seeking a larger share of the pie.<snip>

Malevolent    3,454

Also - all is not well..

Let's give it a Pin and see what else comes up..Facebook should already be deadbook.... It's a ......hole.

• Like 1

Ukshep    25,465

There is definitely some possibility. Just from the story of how Facebook came to be! All shady!

• Like 3

BubbitoBurrito    1,191

For me: Fakebook died on 09/11/10 - 4 posts re: anniversary of 9/11 (conspiracy side of things) censored/deleted right in front of my eyes. My fifth and last post on FB that day was F-bleep-k you Facebook. I then proceeded to close my account.  I've never regretted leaving that big pile of rubbish behind.

Behind me ZuckerSlitherberg 

• Like 2

YaKnow2.0    955
2 hours ago, gxer said:

66 Facebook Acquisitions – The Complete List (2018)![INFOGRAPHIC]

https://www.techwyse.com/blog/infographics/facebook-acquisitions-the-complete-list-infographic/

sever the ties people and bring 'him'   DOWN

they spyin anyway on everthing...atleast on fb you can fukk with them..i pride myself in being able to fukk with the AI

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.