counterintelligence

The Breakfast Club

So it was a hit movie from the '80s & the boys get the girls.

The criminal and the princess hook up...given that most princes/princesses are potential criminals...

Then there's the basketcase and the athlete...given that most athletes have many fans they never meet...and the basketcase ignores everyone that ignores her...but hey some of us realize the love story in the making between the two even before the princess who would be adept at giving the basketcase a makeover...some say she looked just fine before the makeover...

Is she checking him out?

"They ignore me"

"When you grow up, your heart dies"

UH...we weren't supposed to leave the classroom...but since everybody ignores the basketcase she just stands there... :laughtoomuch: 

The athlete isn't afraid of taking the criminal down :bruised:

A typical day in the life of a criminal...

But they all work it out in the end... :grouphug:

But what happens in high school, usually stays in high school.

• Like 1

September    458

I never saw the appeal of these school-setting movies/programs. I hated school when I was there and still hate school now. I still wake up screaming from nightmares of being back in school again. Give me a good ol' western instead any day.

• Like 1

silversides    244

Ok my high school had three sister schools...

The northermost high school closed....

This movie was filmed in the closed high school...

And the cafeteria is really a huge gym they made into a cafeteria...

So this movie is special to me...

The state bought the high school for state offices...

The state workers loved the place because it has gyms, a cafeteria, exercise rooms...

They sold off the football field for townhomes...

I see this as a bow to greed as it should have been some type of park or open space... 

Oh the state police have booted out most of the other state offices over the years...

They have also remodeled / improved some of the building...

phxsparks    1,597

Having gone to school in the 60 'and 70's I can say that they are right on.

But, the world marches on...

BadBrad    206

"Breakfast Club" was a Hollywood cash grab from another movie, "The Big Chill" (1983). Another one was "St. Elmo's fire."  TBCh was aimed at touchy feely  young adults after college.  StEF was aimed at college kids and their touchy feely
trials. TBrC captured the set by going after the 'struggles' of highschool age viewers. They are not action movies but closer to character studies.

2 hours ago, September said:

I hated school when I was there

I also hated highschool. Could not wait to get out. I felt from about mid 10th grade through 12th, it was a waste of life. I thought it was me. But one day the wise sage, Howard Stern, said on the radio, " (high) school is as close to being in the
county jail without actually being in the county jail."  

• Like 1

lostlogin    87

Our school was just existed for money laundering and so they could store cocaine in the chemistry lab closet. 

• Haha 1

Brawndo   
Brawndo

You're missing the main point of the movie... all kids are the same despite their facade/background/wealth. From my point of view, it was made to unite the kids.

7 hours ago, BadBrad said:

"Breakfast Club" was a Hollywood cash grab from another movie, "The Big Chill" (1983). Another one was "St. Elmo's fire."  TBCh was aimed at touchy feely  young adults after college.  StEF was aimed at college kids and their touchy feely
trials. TBrC captured the set by going after the 'struggles' of highschool age viewers. They are not action movies but closer to character studies.

I also hated highschool. Could not wait to get out. I felt from about mid 10th grade through 12th, it was a waste of life. I thought it was me. But one day the wise sage, Howard Stern, said on the radio, " (high) school is as close to being in the
county jail without actually being in the county jail."  

I think they made the point about Bender not having to go to prison because he'll be doing detention with the prinicipal for several weeks.  

• Haha 1

Towards the end of the movie the princess gives the basketcase a makeover:

But towards the beginning, the basketcase scoffs at the princess over a comment about her parents use her to get back at each other.

It was kind of an awkward response, maybe because the basketcase gets ignored and the thought of somebody being used to get back at their parents is odd to the basketcase?

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, lostlogin said:

Our school was just existed for money laundering and so they could store cocaine in the chemistry lab closet. 

Can't disagree, but most government departments exist as a money laundering operation of some kind, to get otherwise useless people a paycheck that they couldn't get anywhere else.  Much less paid several times what they would normally be worth in the private sector.  

The police do a drug bust and after the arrest the suspects, then they sit in the squad car paid for by taxpayers snorting their find.  

Edited by counterintelligence

September    458
4 hours ago, Brawndo said:

You're missing the main point of the movie... all kids are the same despite their facade/background/wealth. From my point of view, it was made to unite the kids.

I just threw up a little in my mouth.

September    458
10 hours ago, BadBrad said:

Howard Stern, said on the radio, " (high) school is as close to being in the county jail without actually being in the county jail."  

You sometimes get raped and molested too, just like the county jail.

• Haha 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.