Ukshep

Britain 'Four Meals Away' from Anarchy If Power Grid Is Taken Out

British cities would be uninhabitable within days and the country is only a few meals from anarchy if the National Grid was taken down in a cyber attack or solar storm, disaster and security experts have warned.

Modern life is so reliant on electricity that a prolonged blackout would quickly lead to a loss of water, fuel, banking, transport and communications that would leave the country “in the Stone Age”.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/britain-apos-four-meals-away-060000661.html?soc_src=community&soc_trk=tw

• Like 1

I'll agree with this... However, I have enough to feed myself and the family for a few weeks.. at the very least...

The US is in that same position.. Most people do not have enough food to last even 4 days... But will all the bunkers the elites have set up, only they know when the next disaster will strike..

7 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I'll agree with this... However, I have enough to feed myself and the family for a few weeks.. at the very least...

Good on you.  Do you know how to make a homemade forge?   For smelting metal.    Pretty easy actually.   Reason I ask is because it's also pretty simple to forge your own knives, swords, etc.   

14 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Any wild edibles in your area? Our wild edibles season goes all year here.

14 minutes ago, Full Throttle said:

Good on you.  Do you know how to make a homemade forge?   For smelting metal.    Pretty easy actually.   Reason I ask is because it's also pretty simple to forge your own knives, swords, etc.   

I've never made one but watched enough videos over the years to figure it out if I need to :D

7 minutes ago, 2many secrets said:

Shep, in what part of the UK are you in. No need to be specific. Any farming near you? Can you grow anything where you live?

2ms

Northern part.  There's plenty of farmland :D find a motorway, drive for 5 minutes and you find some.

Just now, Ukshep said:

Northern part.  There's plenty of farmland :D find a motorway, drive for 5 minutes :)

if you don't have a garden, think about growing something. The Irish survived on potatoes. Also, in a city, a generator (noise) in times of trouble, will attract visitors. You have power, others don't. But, out of the city, no problem. I went through the 89 quake in SF. No power, gas for a week in my part of the city. Nothing got nasty, but today if hand held electronics gadgets fail, it will likely cause big trouble.

• Like 1

It wouldn't be this bad if edibles were planted instead of water sucking ornamental plants. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

I've never made one but watched enough videos over the years to figure it out if I need to :D

Excellent.  Make some tools as well, not just weapons. :D

• Like 1

Just now, Full Throttle said:

Make some tools as well, not just weapons. :D

Hey, What do you take me for? A savage? :gsbrnint:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.