Ukshep

A.I. will be 'billions of times' smarter than humans and man needs to merge with it, expert says

CSB    2,287

What is smart ? Is it being able to think or having or showing a quick-witted of some sort of intelligence; is it a collective of knowledge of things , topics and or working out puzzles ? So my computer is smart simply because it is the largest man made library known  ?  Computers are quick to collect information but not smart .

As I see it humans and computers are only as smart " if you want to call it smart " as their programming and they both can be quick-witted if programmed to be so .

I will always as a human be over AI "artificial intelligence" because I have a soul and a proud member of the spiritual collective . Something that no machine or human can take from me or rule over .

I hate the word smart simply it is confusing and the question remains what is smart ? 

Now IQ is a different subject ! 

• Like 1

Ukshep    23,019
4 minutes ago, CSB said:

I think the true reading of an IQ should be based on perceptions they can understand. Just being a drone for calculation or thought is just the process. The perceptions are the rewards. So Perception is a true test of IQ through checking the rewarded sight in a way..

• Like 1

September    98

Is Elon Musk the antichrist? I had a very vivid dream as a child that the antichrist will be a tech company entrepreneur.

roamer    880
13 minutes ago, CSB said:

So my computer is smart simply because it is the largest man made library known  ?  Computers are quick to collect information but not smart .

I fully agree. Computers are "intelligent" -- but they are not creative. A computer can take decisions based on a predefined set of rules much faster than any human being -- and the underlying set of rules can be very complex, just take a look at computer chess. Nevertheless these machines do nothing more than "mechanical" or repetitive work at an extremely fast pace.

“If you put an infinite number of monkeys at typewriters, eventually one will bash out the script for Hamlet.” (One may also hypothesize a small number of monkeys and a very long period of time.) This theorem asserts nothing about the intelligence of the one random monkey that eventually comes up with the script (and note that the mob will also type out all the possible incorrect versions of Hamlet).

http://www.catb.org/jargon/html/I/Infinite-Monkey-Theorem.html

CSB    2,287
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

I think the true reading of an IQ should be based on perceptions they can understand. Just being a drone for calculation or thought is just the process. The perceptions are the rewards. So Perception is a true test of IQ through checking the rewarded sight in a way..

I so agree .  I think the true reading of an IQ should be based on perceptions they can understand.

I believe understanding anything takes a critical mind, a mind that can separate the wheat from the shaft 

• Like 2

BornUntamed    462

Once your brain has an interface with a computer, your brain becomes part of the computer subject to viruses and hacking.

if we already know that EVERYTHING released today with computer chips in it has back doors, do you really think your brain will be safe?

• Like 3

crabb    364
2 hours ago, CSB said:

What is smart ? Is it being able to think or having or showing a quick-witted of some sort of intelligence; is it a collective of knowledge of things , topics and or working out puzzles ? So my computer is smart simply because it is the largest man made library known  ?  Computers are quick to collect information but not smart .

As I see it humans and computers are only as smart " if you want to call it smart " as their programming and they both can be quick-witted if programmed to be so .

I will always as a human be over AI "artificial intelligence" because I have a soul and a proud member of the spiritual collective . Something that no machine or human can take from me or rule over .

I hate the word smart simply it is confusing and the question remains what is smart ? 

Very well said,
I have been telling family and friend's the same thing. It's like the smart tooth brush, how smart can a tooth brush really be? The sad part is that most people believe the brush really is smart and that says a lot about the one using it.  

• Like 1

Condor    1,089
4 hours ago, Lifeline said:

It's one thing to be a conspiracy enthusiast, something completely different to allow this stuff to envelop your soul so much that you stop contributing to society.

But he's the leader of our like minded society...

:facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

Condor    1,089

Anime has shown us the wonders and horrors of AI interface. 

Tempting but nope!

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.