Ukshep

A.I. will be 'billions of times' smarter than humans and man needs to merge with it, expert says

Ukshep    23,019

Well I kinda hate to say I told you this is where they were taking it but I did!

Artificial intelligence could be "billions of times smarter" than humans and people may need to merge with computers to survive, a futurist told CNBC on Tuesday.

Speaking on a panel hosted by CNBC at the World Government Summit in Dubai, Futurizon's Ian Pearson's comments mirrored ideas put forward by Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

"The fact is that AI can go further than humans, it could be billions of times smarter than humans at this point," Pearson said. "So we really do need to make sure that we have some means of keeping up.

The way to protect against that is to link that AI to your brain so you have the same IQ… as the computer. I don't actually think it's safe, just like Elon Musk… to develop these superhuman computers until we have a direct link to the human brain… and then don't get way ahead."

At the World Government Summit in 2017, Musk, who has warned about the power of AI in the future, said humans and machines must merge to still be relevant with the advent of more powerful technology.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/13/a-i-will-be-billions-of-times-smarter-than-humans-man-and-machine-need-to-merge.html

In fact this matches literally all of the points I made too!

Kento    19
4 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Well I kinda hate to say I told you this is where they were taking it but I did!

Artificial intelligence could be "billions of times smarter" than humans and people may need to merge with computers to survive, a futurist told CNBC on Tuesday.

Speaking on a panel hosted by CNBC at the World Government Summit in Dubai, Futurizon's Ian Pearson's comments mirrored ideas put forward by Tesla CEO Elon Musk.

"The fact is that AI can go further than humans, it could be billions of times smarter than humans at this point," Pearson said. "So we really do need to make sure that we have some means of keeping up.

The way to protect against that is to link that AI to your brain so you have the same IQ… as the computer. I don't actually think it's safe, just like Elon Musk… to develop these superhuman computers until we have a direct link to the human brain… and then don't get way ahead."

At the World Government Summit in 2017, Musk, who has warned about the power of AI in the future, said humans and machines must merge to still be relevant with the advent of more powerful technology.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/02/13/a-i-will-be-billions-of-times-smarter-than-humans-man-and-machine-need-to-merge.html

In fact this matches literally all of the points I made too!

This is scary sh*t,I mean if we link them to the brain,at what point do we lose control of our consciousness,and or identity.If they are linked to our minds they will pick these fears up as ideas for advancement I would think,using us as slaves to do everything they desire, possibly even some sort of display or entertainment.Also as Rex Bear mentioned over at his YouTube we could possibly be used as data bases since our DANA can hold unthinkable amounts of data.

• Like 2

Lifeline    54

No offense, but you need to redefine yourself and perhaps ease up on the conspiracies. It's one thing to be a conspiracy enthusiast, something completely different to allow this stuff to envelop your soul so much that you stop contributing to society. There are many ills in the World, many bad things, but you have to take the good with the bad and realize the joys and miracles of being human. 

There are almost 8 billion souls on this planet. We are all connected like the tendrils of some magnificent web. Or, maybe you just need to get laid?

Edited by Lifeline
  • Like 1

Ukshep    23,019
19 minutes ago, Kento said:

This is scary sh*t,I mean if we link them to the brain,at what point do we lose control of our consciousness,and or identity.If they are linked to our minds they will pick these fears up as ideas for advancement I would think,using us as slaves to do everything they desire, possibly even some sort of display or entertainment.Also as Rex Bear mentioned over at his YouTube we could possibly be used as data bases since our DANA can hold unthinkable amounts of data.

Truly it is. I'm just waiting for them to announce the tech being able to do it or something along those lines myself. Probably not something that feels far off.

• Like 1

Ukshep    23,019
14 minutes ago, Lifeline said:

No offense, but you need to redefine yourself and perhaps ease up on the conspiracies. It's one thing to be a conspiracy enthusiast, something completely different to allow this stuff to envelop your soul so much that you stop contributing to society. There are many ills in the World, many bad things, but you have to take the good with the bad and realize the joys and miracles of being human. 

There are almost 8 billion souls on this planet. We are all connected like the tendrils of some magnificent web. Or, maybe you just need to get laid?

Who's letting it envelop them. *looks around* not seeing anyone.

• Like 1

CUB4DK    52

Is AI  a great achievement invented by mankind or was it reverse engineered and is it now slowly being allowed to be incorporated into our society? Hard to know since secrecy in government is our puppet masters game. Eventually this will all be revealed, so in the meantime, I just do what I have to do and pretend that everything is h*nky dory.:banana:

• Like 1

Malevolent    3,134
1 minute ago, CUB4DK said:

Is AI  a great achievement invented by mankind or was it reverse engineered and is it now slowly being allowed to be incorporated into our society? Hard to know since secrecy in government is our puppet masters game. Eventually this will all be revealed, so in the meantime, I just do what I have to do and pretend that everything is h*nky dory.:banana:

AI is inevitable.  As a developer I can quite understand how this tech will evolve (explode) once it reaches a certain point.

As far as reverse engineer is concerned:

Many things took ages and many failures to design, build, test and put into production.  Now, think about very complex technologies such as the laser light and LED tech.  How fast was that from reading about it the first time until it was commercially available?

The question is, were these two (and many other technologies) developed over time or were they reverse engineered technologies from unknown sources?

• Like 2

Walk Softly    3,035

Once we begin to see the capabilities of this tech, which will boggle the mind, people will line up... Nay.  Camp out for days to be the first consumers to consume.  

Voluntary at first, then a warning period, then mandatory.  

The beast system will be complete. 

Satan desires to be like God.  Block chain has given him the fake omnipresent intelligence.  Real time knowledge of just about anything. 

People hooking their minds into the beast will give him the facade of being completely omnipresent.  

It'll be really cool tech, for sure.  

• Like 2

CUB4DK    52
40 minutes ago, Malevolent said:

e question is, were these two (and many other technologies) developed over time or were they reverse engineered technologies from unknown sources?

That is a good question….I hope that we all get the answer the answer soon.

Ya but the first thing you are going to think once you are one billion times smarter.. besides how incredibly slow everything is moving is.. how to get back to being a regular man and you will have the power and answer of how to accomplish that. 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.