Ukshep

Taxpayers Shell Out $175K for Brave Cop Fired by Dept. for Refusing to Kill a Man

Ukshep    23,129

As TFTP reported last year, former Weirton police officer Stephen Mader sued the city after he was fired for not killing a suicidal man who needed help.

It was reported this week that Mader will be receiving $175,000 in a settlement as a result of his unnecessary firing.

“At the end of the day, I’m happy to put this chapter of my life to bed,” Mader said. “The events leading to my termination were unjustified and I’m pleased a joint resolution has been met.

“My hope is that no other person on either end of a police call has to go through this again,” said Mader, who still lives in Weirton with his family but now drives trucks for a living, according to WPXI.

As we reported at the time, on May 6, 2016, Mader responded to a domestic call about a suicidal person. When he arrived on the scene, Mader confronted 23-year-old Ronald D. Williams who was armed and mentally distraught.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/taxpayers-shell-175k-brave-cop-fired-dept-refusing-kill-man/

This just continues on with the discussions yesterday have cops not killing people. Maybe because this is what happens when they don't kill them... geez. This is discouraging correct policing....by proxy. They are supposed to lead by example and be rewarded not discouraged.

Automan63    2,697
11 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

As TFTP reported last year, former Weirton police officer Stephen Mader sued the city after he was fired for not killing a suicidal man who needed help.

It was reported this week that Mader will be receiving $175,000 in a settlement as a result of his unnecessary firing.

“At the end of the day, I’m happy to put this chapter of my life to bed,” Mader said. “The events leading to my termination were unjustified and I’m pleased a joint resolution has been met.

“My hope is that no other person on either end of a police call has to go through this again,” said Mader, who still lives in Weirton with his family but now drives trucks for a living, according to WPXI.

As we reported at the time, on May 6, 2016, Mader responded to a domestic call about a suicidal person. When he arrived on the scene, Mader confronted 23-year-old Ronald D. Williams who was armed and mentally distraught.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/taxpayers-shell-175k-brave-cop-fired-dept-refusing-kill-man/

This just continues on with the discussions yesterday have cops not killing people. Maybe because this is what happens when they don't kill them... geez. This is discouraging correct policing....by proxy. They are supposed to lead by example and be rewarded not discouraged.

Kill first, collect pension later. 

• Like 1

Ukshep    23,129
3 minutes ago, Automan63 said:

Kill first, collect pension later. 

I'm just glad that not all will be like that! Rolling the dice though isn't it? in a way? Do you get stopped by a cop or a human today!

Automan63    2,697
3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

I'm just glad that not all will be like that! Rolling the dice though isn't it? in a way? Do you get stopped by a cop or a human today!

Actually, some of my very best friends are cops, real, regular, down to earth, give a guy  that’s had one too many a ride home types. If they weren’t like that I wouldn’t even glance at them let alone speak to them or hang out with them. I know a few assholes too,.

Just reading the craziness today is pissing me off to the point of not wanting to read any at all.

• Like 4

Ukshep    23,129
Just now, Automan63 said:

Just reading the craziness today is pissing me off to the point of not wanting to read any at all.

Yeah I've had those days before. It will be alright. :hug:

• Like 1

DRUMZ    1,295
2 hours ago, Automan63 said:

Actually, some of my very best friends are cops, real, regular, down to earth, give a guy  that’s had one too many a ride home types. If they weren’t like that I wouldn’t even glance at them let alone speak to them or hang out with them. I know a few assholes too,.

Actually, some of my very best friends are cops,

Sorry, but reading that, and then looking over at your profile picture thingy......

Made me laugh my ass off!!!

:gsbrnint::banana-riding-llama-smiley-emoticon::gsbrnint:

• Like 1

Groove    2,156

Luckily this guy was a military cop before and has good training as well as a heart or we would be bitching because he shot an unarmed man. 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.