Ukshep

Commonwealth in secret succession plans

The Commonwealth has secretly begun considering who might succeed the Queen as its head, the BBC has learned.

The issue is hugely sensitive because the role is not hereditary and will not pass automatically to the Prince of Wales on the Queen's death.

The Commonwealth has set up a "high level group" to look at the way the international organisation is governed.

This group is meeting later, officially to review how the Commonwealth is run by its secretariat and governors.

However, senior sources added that the gathering in London would also consider what happens when the Queen, who turns 92 in April, dies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43040240

Hmm. Her birthday is in one of my watch months for this year. I wonder if this connects symbolically in some way to expectations. When and if she dies. And if there are any signs in the heavens??

3 minutes ago, Delysid said:

Who gets the £100M+ gold buggy she parades around in? 

Who would want it? too much wealth display for my liking. Like a gold buggy. Seriously. Like the f**k? you know what I mean?

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

The Commonwealth has secretly begun considering who might succeed the Queen as its head, the BBC has learned.

The issue is hugely sensitive because the role is not hereditary and will not pass automatically to the Prince of Wales on the Queen's death.

The Commonwealth has set up a "high level group" to look at the way the international organisation is governed.

This group is meeting later, officially to review how the Commonwealth is run by its secretariat and governors.

However, senior sources added that the gathering in London would also consider what happens when the Queen, who turns 92 in April, dies.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-43040240

Hmm. Her birthday is in one of my watch months for this year. I wonder if this connects symbolically in some way to expectations. When and if she dies. And if there are any signs in the heavens??

Not knowing anything about how all that works, but if a high level group needs to see who is the best fit, then it seems more like a Hollywood production that has become unnecessary????

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, londonorchar said:

Not knowing anything about how all that works, but if a high level group needs to see who is the best fit, then it seems more like a Hollywood production that has become unnecessary????

Oh it's all unnecessary to be honest! As long as they don't come out with some sheet about a hidden heir to the thrones with more right to rule... Oh boy would that be entertaining.... but still terribly divisive.

1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

Oh it's all unnecessary to be honest! As long as they don't come out with some sheet about a hidden heir to the thrones with more right to rule... Oh boy would that be entertaining.... but still terribly divisive.

If only there were a time machine that I had access to!

• Like 1

Just now, londonorchar said:

If only there were a time machine that I had access to!

You and me both.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Who would want it? too much wealth display for my liking. Like a gold buggy. Seriously. Like the f**k? you know what I mean?

I'll take it, melt it down to gold bars, sell them and buy a party yacht. :happy:

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

With the way things are going this could be a strong possibility. Our society has been about secrets,lies and deceptions.:pulling-hair:

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, CUB4DK said:

With the way things are going this could be a strong possibility. Our society has been about secrets,lies and deceptions.:pulling-hair:

:blink: dang!

1 minute ago, Redlistvet said:

Who would be the successor if she died?

If I had to guess one of the boys... young ones might change things. old ones might destroy things. meh. I don't like change when I have no idea what to expect!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.