Sign in to follow this  
Ukshep

School Life is not what we think? Or it is depending on your perception!

So I just want to share a thought that was triggered within me as I perused the web today. I spoke the other day on how in school I would be finished my work much sooner than the other kids. And how this lead to issues with boredom. So today while listening to some folks chatting I overheard a discussion on an angle that I had missed!

This went down something like this:

The conversation was one about schools, And teachers. One of these teachers had shared the important things they need to teach kids. Whether true or not the concept is the key here. The teacher in this situation had said that there are 2 things that they need to teach kids. Sit down and Shut up!

I know. I know! But seriously it makes sense. If this is how they are teaching children at the base levels then it is not about education but programming the soft mind into submission to the system. And this is a big no-no for me. As I am sure it is for you.

Which brings me back to what happened with me and how I would be finished my work so soon and be bored. And I ask myself. Is it my action of fast completion that broke me free or gave me a different mind through the lack of structure in the programming? If I never learned from them to sit down and shut up then I never got molded into submission. Which explains my predisposition. But how can I ever know if this truly played a part!

Does anyone else think this kind of simple thought could hit a truthful nerve!

I kept a "vade mecum" book in my own school dayz. When I tuned out in tedious classes, I'd prop it behind the book I was supposed to be using. My teachers prolly knew what I was doing but meh, she's quiet and keeps her grade up, so . . . . When I was a teacher, I regularly took the kids to the library so that they could check out any book that called to them. They were supposed to keep it the whole day ------- just in case. One non-reader ended up finding Madame Bovary on her own. Libraries are hurting now. Even I prefer to read a tablet instead of a physical book. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

This is absolutely true, Shep.  

We are taught to regurgitate the information given to us.  There is some helpful stuff in there. Math and writing.  Reading of course. 

I always excelled at school without trying.   All the way through college.  But I never paid attention.  I read cliff notes.  I crammed before class.  I did everything I could, to do as little work as possible.  

I forgot most of it because I didn't understand it at a deep intellectual level.  

We don't teach kids to think and imagine and understand deeply.  We teach them to sit down and shut up.  Regurgitate so they can get good grades, get a good job and feed the system.   

Most people live for their monetary reward.  I mean that's what life is all about right?  Conquering the world!! 

I lived that way for a long time.  Now I see the fruitlessness in it all.  

There is only one thing to live for.  His Truth.  

I've been mulling a similar thread, geared more as an explanation for the inability for some people to imagine an alternative cosmology because of how we are raised and taught.  Not accept it, but imagine it.  

But I'm tired. 

Edited by Walk Softly
  • Like 3

16 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

This is absolutely true, Shep.  

We are taught to regurgitate the information given to us.  There is some helpful stuff in there. Math and writing.  Reading of course. 

I always excelled at school without trying.   All the way through college.  But I never paid attention.  I read cliff notes.  I crammed before class.  I did everything I could, to do as little work as possible.  

I forgot most of it because I didn't understand it at a deep intellectual level.  

We don't teach kids to think and imagine and understand deeply.  We teach them to sit down and shut up.  Regurgitate so they can get good grades, get a good job and feed the system.   

Most people live for their monetary reward.  I mean that's what life is all about right?  Conquering the world!! 

I lived that way for a long time.  Now I see the fruitlessness in it all.  

There is only one thing to live for.  His Truth.  

I've been mulling a similar thread, geared more as an explanation for the inability for some people to imagine an alternative cosmology because of how we are raised and taught.  Not accept it, but imagine it.  

But I'm tired. 

Great input! I also had this to add: We spend our early years being indoctrinated into the system and the rest of our years escaping it.

5 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Great input! I also had this to add: We spend our early years being indoctrinated into the system and the rest of our years escaping it.

I regards to the bold.  Some of us work on escaping it.   I would say most folks here at COP are working diligently to escape it. 

But the mindless zombies I see roaming about in my world are not.  To them, life is what it is.  They have no desire, no motivation... No reason to change it. 

I think we are ensnared by this gigantic elaborate system because we lead people to believe that the whole world must change to make a difference.  

Little do they know the real battle is in our heads.  If people only realized that.  It's not about everything else, like the whole world... It's only about changing your view of it all.  For me, the importance of the world just melted away.  The thin veneer of "reality" fell from my eyes.  Once I saw through it, it disappeared and I don't think I could go back if I wanted to.  I mean this in all aspects of life.  It's a weight we carry around without realizing it.  Once you shed it... It's like a "whoa" moment when you feel how light you are.  We are burdoned from the start.  It happens because it happened to our parents, and their parents... All the way back. The pattern of enslavement has evolved and become exponentially more complicated as the years have ticked by.  School plays a huge part of it, unbeknownst even to the teachers.  Because it's a system they were born into as well. 

The freeing of the mind is a very dangerous thing for them.  They depend on it. 

4 hours ago, Ukshep said:

So I just want to share a thought that was triggered within me as I perused the web today. I spoke the other day on how in school I would be finished my work much sooner than the other kids. And how this lead to issues with boredom. So today while listening to some folks chatting I overheard a discussion on an angle that I had missed!

The conversation was one about schools, And teachers. One of these teachers had shared the important things they need to teach kids. Whether true or not the concept is the key here. The teacher in this situation had said that there are 2 things that they need to teach kids. Sit down and Shut up!

I know. I know! But seriously it makes sense. If this is how they are teaching children at the base levels then it is not about education but programming the soft mind into submission to the system. And this is a big no-no for me. As I am sure it is for you.

Which brings me back to what happened with me and how I would be finished my work so soon and be bored. And I ask myself. Is it my action of fast completion that broke me free or gave me a different mind through the lack of structure in the programming? If I never learned from them to sit down and shut up then I never got molded into submission. Which explains my predisposition. But how can I ever know if this truly played a part!

Naw You're Just Intelligent, But See What You Are Saying People Learn New Things Everyday. The Best Teachers Are The Ones That Listen, Not Nice To Say Shut Up And Sit Down It Easier To Say Be Quite And Have An Seat.

9 minutes ago, Walk Softly said:

The freeing of the mind is a very dangerous thing for them.  They depend on it. 

I can see how it might be a scary prospect too for some!

4 minutes ago, LuckyBolt said:

Well I looked at that video very differently this time than previous times.... Thanks!

7 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Shep I think you're absolutely spot on there pal! Someone once said 'education destroys common sense' It does! 

1 minute ago, Phantom said:

Shep I think you're absolutely spot on there pal! Someone once said 'education destroys common sense' It does! 

I was thinking on this more a moment ago, And that first phase of teaching you to sit down and shut up turns your brain from seeking knowledge to awaiting knowledge. I remember being in class and waiting... Waiting to be given. Waiting to be told. I never realized at that age that I could do. I could choose. My mind could think for itself.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.