Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Tsunami warning on B.C., Alaska and Entire U.S. West coast Hawaii after large earthquake southeast of Alaska

WIll merge with other thread with the 8.2 quake later. This is the same quake. I wanted the BC Tsunami info noticed in case!

Geez, if there was a major tsunami, could it increase the stress on the San Andreas?  Probably a dumb question but all that weight suddenly shifting couldn't help anything right?

Edited by AllTheWorldsAStage

11 minutes ago, AllTheWorldsAStage said:

Geez, if there was a major tsunami, could it increase the stress on the San Andreas?  Probably a dumb question but all that weight suddenly shifting couldn't help anything right?

Not sure what it could do, I'm glad I'm on a mountain top and that tsunami won't get me. :) I'm going to sleep!  Nitey.

• Like 1

BULLETIN TSUNAMI MESSAGE NUMBER 1 NWS PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER EWA BEACH HI 1143 PM HST MON JAN 22 2018 TO - EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT IN THE STATE OF HAWAII SUBJECT - TSUNAMI WATCH A TSUNAMI WATCH IS ISSUED FOR THE STATE OF HAWAII EFFECTIVE AT 1143 PM HST. AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS ORIGIN TIME - 1132 PM HST 22 JAN 2018 COORDINATES - 56.0 NORTH 149.2 WEST LOCATION - GULF OF ALASKA MAGNITUDE - 8.0 MOMENT EVALUATION BASED ON ALL AVAILABLE DATA A TSUNAMI MAY HAVE BEEN GENERATED BY THIS EARTHQUAKE THAT COULD BE DESTRUCTIVE ON COASTAL AREAS EVEN FAR FROM THE EPICENTER. AN INVESTIGATION IS UNDERWAY TO DETERMINE IF THERE IS A TSUNAMI THREAT TO HAWAII. IF TSUNAMI WAVES IMPACT HAWAII THE ESTIMATED EARLIEST ARRIVAL OF THE FIRST TSUNAMI WAVE IS 0426 AM HST TUE 23 JAN 2018 FURTHER MESSAGES WILL BE ISSUED HOURLY OR SOONER AS CONDITIONS WARRANT UNTIL THE THREAT TO HAWAII HAS PASSED. $$

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Not sure what it could do, I'm glad I'm on a mountain top and that tsunami won't get me. :) I'm going to sleep!  Nitey.

That's good to hear , wish I didn't have insomnia or id join you on the dreamscape. Goodnight

5 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

BULLETIN TSUNAMI MESSAGE NUMBER 1 NWS PACIFIC TSUNAMI WARNING CENTER EWA BEACH HI 1143 PM HST MON JAN 22 2018 TO - EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT IN THE STATE OF HAWAII SUBJECT - TSUNAMI WATCH A TSUNAMI WATCH IS ISSUED FOR THE STATE OF HAWAII EFFECTIVE AT 1143 PM HST. AN EARTHQUAKE HAS OCCURRED WITH THESE PRELIMINARY PARAMETERS ORIGIN TIME - 1132 PM HST 22 JAN 2018 COORDINATES - 56.0 NORTH 149.2 WEST LOCATION - GULF OF ALASKA MAGNITUDE - 8.0 MOMENT EVALUATION BASED ON ALL AVAILABLE DATA A TSUNAMI MAY HAVE BEEN GENERATED BY THIS EARTHQUAKE THAT COULD BE DESTRUCTIVE ON COASTAL AREAS EVEN FAR FROM THE EPICENTER. AN INVESTIGATION IS UNDERWAY TO DETERMINE IF THERE IS A TSUNAMI THREAT TO HAWAII. IF TSUNAMI WAVES IMPACT HAWAII THE ESTIMATED EARLIEST ARRIVAL OF THE FIRST TSUNAMI WAVE IS 0426 AM HST TUE 23 JAN 2018 FURTHER MESSAGES WILL BE ISSUED HOURLY OR SOONER AS CONDITIONS WARRANT UNTIL THE THREAT TO HAWAII HAS PASSED. $$

Unless im reading this wrong there are alot of buoys in event mode!!!

http://www.ndbc.noaa.gov

Also:

Due to the Federal Government shutdown, NOAA.gov and most associated websites are unavailable. This site will remain accessible during the federal government shutdown; however, information on the site may not be up to date and we may not be able to respond to inquiries until appropriations are enacted.

Edited by AllTheWorldsAStage
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, AllTheWorldsAStage said:

Due to the Federal Government shutdown, NOAA.gov and most associated websites are unavailable.

LOL Chuck Schumer... you got a lot of explaining to do! 

• Haha 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.