Uncle Thanky

Congress Quietly Pushing Bill to Require National Biometric ID for ‘ALL Americans’

Uncle Thanky    1,555

Link to petition at end of article.

Earlier this month,  Rep. Bob Goodlatte [R-VA-6] introduced H.R.4760 – Securing America’s Future Act of 2018, a sweeping bill that entails everything from Education and the Workforce to Homeland Security to the military. Also, tucked away in this 400-page behemoth of a bill are the details of a new biometric National ID card that could soon be required for everyone.

Not surprisingly, there is almost no media coverage on this legislation.

H.R. 4760 establishes a mandatory National Identification system that requires all Americans to carry a government-approved ID containing “biometric features.” Without this card, according to the legislation, you will not be able to work in this country.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/national-id-hr4760-biometrics/

• Like 2

sybdragon    1,656

:sigh:  A new law on IDs. They do not follow the law on IDs for work now. But they will have an excuse why the law that is already on the book is not working and we needed a more draconian one. It's hard enough to get an ID if you don't have a birth certificate and other documentation. They will sell this as you will no longer need a birth certificate and all the other documents because your biodata will be on file. I guess this is as good as excuse as any. 

They are going to get our biodata anyway. I think they have been taking it from newborns for years anyway. And they take fingerprints when you are arrested or for some professions. I've even had a bank have me put it my thumbprint on a personal check I was cashing and I had a driver's license. But they required a thumbprint.  https://www.bioenabletech.com/newborn-baby-foot-identification-solution

What happened to their 'real ID' law? And California and some other places give illegals a legal ID and driver's license. Well, since they slid this in, what are the penalties? 

Here's the bill. It's the immigration bill. It's a book. HR 4760.  https://www.congress.gov/115/bills/hr4760/BILLS-115hr4760ih.pdf

oldcynic    282
11 hours ago, Kadosh said:

Why? Don't you have fingerprints?

Yes, I do have an FBI fingerprint file.  Actually, I had to obtain it to take up residency in ANOTHER COUNTRY!

Giving this further thought, IF this proves to document actual citizenship for voting eligibility etc, then perhaps it would be acceptable.  BUT, if it turns out it IDs a person just for being a warm body, present and accounted for in the U.S. then count me out!

As I mentioned before, my wife is now a U.S. citizen after years of paperwork and $$ spent.  We both resent this "free ride" crap.

She is also a contributing member of society, never taking any handout from the government.:pouty-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 2

sybdragon    1,656
27 minutes ago, oldcynic said:

Yes, I do have an FBI fingerprint file.  Actually, I had to obtain it to take up residency in ANOTHER COUNTRY!

Giving this further thought, IF this proves to document actual citizenship for voting eligibility etc, then perhaps it would be acceptable.  BUT, if it turns out it IDs a person just for being a warm body, present and accounted for in the U.S. then count me out!

As I mentioned before, my wife is now a U.S. citizen after years of paperwork and $$ spent.  We both resent this "free ride" crap.

She is also a contributing member of society, never taking any handout from the government.:pouty-smiley-emoticon:

:smiley_flowers:  For your wife. Tell her I, as an American citizen, appreciate all the paperwork and $$ spent and all the hassle she and you went through. I know those hoops are time consuming  and lots of waiting and worry too.Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Welcome to America!!!  :cheer:   

• Like 4

Kadosh    514
34 minutes ago, oldcynic said:

I understand and share your concerns, but this could put a stop to all of this illegal trespasser bullshit not to mention many other types of systemic abuse. Certainly is a double-edged sword though.

Edited by Kadosh
  • Like 2

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.