Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

In the distant future, human consciousness can be digitized

Ukshep    25,399

In the distant future, human consciousness can be digitized and downloaded into different bodies. Brought back to life after 250 years by Laurens Bancroft (James Purefoy) the richest man on Earth, ex-Envoy soldier Takeshi Kovacs (Joel Kinnaman / Will Yun Lee) must solve Bancroft's attempted murder for the chance to live again in a world he doesn't recognize. Altered Carbon debuts exclusively on Netflix February 2nd, 2018.

Think they are preparing our minds....

Shades of the last epi of "X Files" (Yeah, I still watch it. It doesn't mean I support their worthless protest over something that makes little sense). 

Some how or another, I would think there be would be conflict within the consciousness. Kinda of like running a windows based software in a mac.

snowball    717

nonsensical proposition.

lest anyone consider this fanciful concept new, it's actually a main theme in
Harvest of Stars, a Poul Anderson novel from 1994. He probably
didn't make it up, either.

Dr. Evil    2,553
11 minutes ago, Cybored said:

I say this is happening now.

Yeah I'm with you.

Alien technology cracked this a long, long time ago. Their problem is that apparently they cannot connect it with a soul. Therefore you get a heartless automaton, not a living creature with emotions. That's what some of the grays are.

There's multiple reports however from the MK program on the uses to which this technology which is essentially digital telepathy has been put to, in terms of programming people. 

And the DoD programs like the ones they used in the first Gulf War to tell Iraqi soldiers to surrender via a voice inside their heads, was using the same EM frequencies this uses.

Evil ain't it, all this technology, just waiting to lift us to the stars where we all belong, and they won't give it to us, preferring to keep it for their own selfish and destructive ends.

grav    1,207

Me three. We are already digitized dielectric bundles living in a VR universe. In a flat Milky Way galaxy in a flat universe.

John Galt    2,144
2 hours ago, snowball said:

nonsensical proposition.

lest anyone consider this fanciful concept new, it's actually a main theme in
Harvest of Stars, a Poul Anderson novel from 1994. He probably
didn't make it up, either.

.. It's pretty obvious to see where things are going. 

Movies are simply mimicking the real thing by only showing half of the truth. If you want to discredit everything using a movie now, everything can be. 

seldene    54

If they lose as much data is they do digitizing music the results will resemble real consciousness about as much as Nancy Pelosi resembles Descart