Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

New Study Reveals Mushrooms Cure Depression by Doing the Exact Opposite of Anti-Depressants

Ukshep    25,403

Well this does not bode well for big pharma now does it!

A revolutionary new study is once again revealing a natural approach to be far superior to big pharma solutions—this time involving psilocybin, the active compound in magic mushrooms.

The study, published in the scientific journal Neuropharmacology, found that clinically depressed people had increased neural responses to fearful faces one day after a psilocybin-assisted therapy session, which positively predicted positive clinical outcomes.

“Psilocybin-assisted therapy might mitigate depression by increasing emotional connection,” neuroscientist and study author Leor Roseman, a Ph.D. student at Imperial College London, explained to PsyPost.

This is almost the exact opposite of how standard anti-depressants operate, as SSRI’s typically work by creating an “emotional blunting.”

“[T]his is unlike SSRI antidepressants which are criticized for creating in many people a general emotional blunting,” noted Roseman.

http://thefreethoughtproject.com/new-study-reveals-mushrooms-cure-depression-exact-opposite-anti-depressants/

Doesn't this kind of prove anti-depressants are a scam.. Causing more harm than good!

Oregonian    839

Just regulate and tax these shrooms.

Another govt owned human aid that will be pushed to the brink of extinction to secure the future of ssris

Phantom    507

Monsanto can expect a phone call shortly... "Hello, we need an anti liberty cap mushroom herbicide, how long and how much? Oh.. and it needs to kill Bees too"  

oldcynic    736

I remember experiences with "magic" mushrooms.  My wife-to-be (first) and I were at a gathering where 'shrooms were passed around.

She ended the evening naked in a bathtub fill of wet potting soil.  We planted starter seedlings around her as she lay in the dirt.

This particular group all worked together in a wholesale greenhouse.  Ah, those were the days my friends!

COBO Member    4,286
2 hours ago, oldcynic said:

I remember experiences with "magic" mushrooms.  My wife-to-be (first) and I were at a gathering where 'shrooms were passed around.

She ended the evening naked in a bathtub fill of wet potting soil.  We planted starter seedlings around her as she lay in the dirt.

This particular group all worked together in a wholesale greenhouse.  Ah, those were the days my friends!

LOL! Yeah, I might have "read a few books" about shrooms along the way myself. What was nice was being able to get up, and think, "Damn, that was an intense few hours." and turn around and go to bed. None of this, "This is it...I'm gonna die wide awake."

Shamanik    87

As someone who suffers badly from depression, and someone who has used Liberty caps from the age of 13 (not had any in many of years, I’m now 52) I can think of nothing worse than taking a trip of shrooms to help relive the shithole your mind is in. But MDMA is a different kettle of molecules.

NWPPT    78

Well that's different , because last time I had some magic mushrooms they sent me west big time :nodl:

markovian    209

make every drge illegal check make synthedic vershions for medical use with no real medical properties check

the idea that a goverment think its above the earth is insane wev been useing plants to cure illness for 1000s of years yet some human thinks they know better and took that away from us the last 100 ... anyone who thinks they have that right should have the gas plants put out taken away from them

Cinnamon    28,893
4 hours ago, markovian said:

make every drge illegal check make synthedic vershions for medical use with no real medical properties check

the idea that a goverment think its above the earth is insane wev been useing plants to cure illness for 1000s of years yet some human thinks they know better and took that away from us the last 100 ... anyone who thinks they have that right should have the gas plants put out taken away from them

They know they don't know better, their trick has been legislating and convincing the masses that they know better. Look at how many people freak out if they think you ate a shroom. And how they look at you after they find it out. They've done a fine job of what they do which is take everything normal and natural and turn it into something illegal, immoral or fattening (be afraid of real fat, too! because eating it is actually good for you, but doesn't it make more "sense" when someone says "fat makes you fat" even though it doesn't?)