Cinnamon    24,728

Are you fn kidding me? lmao! Whoever knowingly eats that deserves whatever they get! 

Teens are eating laundry detergent for the "Tide Pod Challenge"

A government watchdog is expressing concern over the dangerous misuse of a laundry detergent. In this latest social media fad, teenagers are putting detergent pods in their mouths in what's being called the "Tide Pod Challenge."

Ingredients in the pods include ethanol, hydrogen peroxide and polymers – a highly-toxic mix of detergent meant to wipe out dirt and grime. Manufacturers have been concerned about toddlers mistakenly ingesting them, but now teens are popping them on purpose and posting videos of the results online, reports CBS News correspondent Anna Werner.

Nineteen-year-old Marc Pagan, who did it on a dare, told CBS News he knew better but did it anyway.

"A lot of people were just saying how stupid I was or how – why would I be willing to do that," he said. "No one should be putting anything like that in their mouths, you know?"

Ann Marie Buerkle, acting chairman of the Consumer Product Safety Commission, says ingesting any of the liquid carries a deadly risk.

<snip>

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tide-pod-challenge-ingesting-detergent-risks/

• Like 1
  • WTF 3

Ukshep    21,604
9 minutes ago, Scorpion said:

You can't fix stupid!!

You are correct! Some of these trends are life-threatening. Almost makes me think someone creates the trends just to kill off stupid.

Seeker22    497

The old folks used to wash a dirty mouthed trash talking kid's mouth out with soap (or threaten to, as I never observed this myself). Voluntarily doing it with much more dangerous chemicals is just stoopid.

Dan Lannon    650
1 hour ago, Seeker22 said:

The old folks used to wash a dirty mouthed trash talking kid's mouth out with soap (or threaten to, as I never observed this myself). Voluntarily doing it with much more dangerous chemicals is just stoopid.

I was treated to a tasty bar of "Zest" at the ripe age of 9 for sapping off.  Tough love.  :nodl:

apache54    5,343

And so the Sheeple get Dumber and Dumber, they are doing a great job of making them stupid!!!

Fine example of brain development. You know the one where the frontal area of the brain is last to develop in teenagers/young adults. This is where the brain exercises good reasoning.

who knows    631
2 hours ago, Seeker22 said:

The soaps were purer back then and it was a very effective tool of persuasion. :gsbrnint: