Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Man Declared Dead by Three Doctors Wakes Up Hours Before Autopsy in Spain

Cinnamon    24,840

In Spain, a prisoner literally woke up from his death bed. Gonzalo Montoya Jiménez, 29, was declared dead by three different doctors, but woke up hours before his scheduled autopsy, several news outlets report. The convict, who was serving time for robbery according to one report, was on the morgue table covered in scalpel lines in preparation for his autopsy when he regained consciousness. His snoring, apparently, tipped doctor’s off to the fact that he was not a corpse.

“I can’t comment on what happened at the Institute of Legal Medicine,” a spokesperson for the Spanish Prison Service told members of the media, “but three doctors saw clinical signs of death so it’s still not clear at the moment exactly why this occurred.”

After Jiménez failed to show up for roll call on Jan. 7, he was found slumped over on a chair in his jail cell. He was pronounced dead at the scene, placed in a body bag and sent to the hospital for an autopsy.

<snip>

http://people.com/chica/dead-man-wakes-up-before-autopsy/?utm_campaign=peoplemag&utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=social&xid=socialflow_facebook_peoplemag

I want to be cremated when I die, but they'd better not screw up like they did with this guy! 

• Haha 1

Cinnamon    24,840
1 minute ago, abigfatzero said:

I didn't know they had Mexicans in Spain..........:D

I guess because of the competency levels of "doctors" today, we are going to have to go back to the days of placing bells over graves, just in case.

Safety coffin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Safety_coffin

:scream1:

• Haha 1

abigfatzero    2,901
2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

:scream1:

Could you imagine, that's waaay up there in my list of bad ways to die.

:blink:

Cinnamon    24,840
2 minutes ago, abigfatzero said:

Could you imagine, that's waaay up there in my list of bad ways to die.

:blink:

Yeah, horrifying. That guy can write his own horror novel now and make a fortune if he ever gets outta ICU.

• Like 1

Ukshep    21,648

And people wonder why I am against organ harvesting like they've forced here in the UK. You might not even be dead and they could start cutting you open. No more accidental awakenings like this in the UK. You'll be gutted before that can happen!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

And people wonder why I am against organ harvesting like they've forced here in the UK. You might not even be dead and they could start cutting you open. No more accidental awakenings like this in the UK. You'll be gutted before that can happen!

Gutted, without anaesthetic 

• Like 1

Ukshep    21,648
1 minute ago, Nationalist said:

Gutted, without anaesthetic 

They best not try that with me!:club:

Anne    360
6 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

In Spain, a prisoner literally woke up from his death bed. Gonzalo Montoya Jiménez, 29, was declared dead by three different doctors, but woke up hours before his scheduled autopsy, several news outlets report. The convict, who was serving time for robbery according to one report, was on the morgue table covered in scalpel lines in preparation for his autopsy when he regained consciousness. His snoring, apparently, tipped doctor’s off to the fact that he was not a corpse.

:goodpost:.............................Wow!..................:iagree:

Anne    360
1 hour ago, Ukshep said:

:iagree:..............................so true! :facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon: