Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

TheOldMan

Warning: CDC is cooking the books on flu!

3 minutes ago, Hazmat said:

My wife and I both eat Kim Chi like fiends and we`re both sick with something right now - sucks 

Kim Chi? 

Never heard of it? 

I hope you both get well soon 

I wonder how many people are sick right now in America? 

Probably over a hundred million 

3 minutes ago, TheOldMan said:

Kim Chi? 

Never heard of it? 

I hope you both get well soon 

Fermented cabbage with tons of garlic and chili powder - not good for your breath though...Korean staple 

2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I'll bet the doctor's offices are full of people with the flu. Like a big ole petre dish just stewing with viruses and bacteria. Either wear a hazmat suit or stay away. 

I work at a clinic in Tampa Florida that provides care to military dependants and retirees.  We see military spouses and children, but I work strictly in pediatrics.  The number of kids that have come in this year with respiratory symptoms is staggering.  Not exclusively the flu, but RSV and Pneumonia have also been common.  The active duty medic that gives the immunizations to the children admitted to me that they tell them in trading that the flu vaccine this year is only 10% effective.  How does one stick children with needles all day long knowing that 9 out of 10 will still get sick?  He also told me that he was aware that the flu vaccine actually suppresses the immune system.  Does anyone think anymore, or does society just lead us around and scare us into submission, while preventing anyone from asking even the most basic question?  I don't even think we need to ask the question anymore.

I myself have never received the flu shot, unless they gave me something as an infant (38 years old now). I haven't gotten the flu since my early teens and when I did get it, I just let nature run it's course until I was better. Same goes for strep throat and colds. I cannot remember the last time I've had a fever. I only take vitamins and don't even take stuff if I have a headache. I didn't have health insurance from 22 all the way to 37. Through those years I would go to those pop-up health care places or a cheap clinic. They always told me I was fine and I've only had a couple of steroid shots to help with sinuses. From 18 to present day I've been smoking about a half a pack a day and drink occasionally.

The thread about food poisoning is very real though. Stay away from lettuce when you eat out. I've gotten it 3 times in the last 2 years from Olive Garden, Taco Bell, and a salad joint called Salata. I never had food poisoning in my life before last year and trust me, it's terrible.

2 hours ago, Hazmat said:

Fermented cabbage with tons of garlic and chili powder - not good for your breath though...Korean staple 

How interesting 

never heard of it 

1 hour ago, Libertyordeath19 said:

I work at a clinic in Tampa Florida that provides care to military dependants and retirees.  We see military spouses and children, but I work strictly in pediatrics.  The number of kids that have come in this year with respiratory symptoms is staggering.  Not exclusively the flu, but RSV and Pneumonia have also been common.  The active duty medic that gives the immunizations to the children admitted to me that they tell them in trading that the flu vaccine this year is only 10% effective.  How does one stick children with needles all day long knowing that 9 out of 10 will still get sick?  He also told me that he was aware that the flu vaccine actually suppresses the immune system.  Does anyone think anymore, or does society just lead us around and scare us into submission, while preventing anyone from asking even the most basic question?  I don't even think we need to ask the question anymore.

Excellent information 

thank you very much 

2 minutes ago, TheOldMan said:

How interesting 

never heard of it 

Make sure you have a big bowl of rice nearby! lol

28 minutes ago, Guest7075 said:

I myself have never received the flu shot, unless they gave me something as an infant (38 years old now). I haven't gotten the flu since my early teens and when I did get it, I just let nature run it's course until I was better. Same goes for strep throat and colds. I cannot remember the last time I've had a fever. I only take vitamins and don't even take stuff if I have a headache. I didn't have health insurance from 22 all the way to 37. Through those years I would go to those pop-up health care places or a cheap clinic. They always told me I was fine and I've only had a couple of steroid shots to help with sinuses. From 18 to present day I've been smoking about a half a pack a day and drink occasionally.

The thread about food poisoning is very real though. Stay away from lettuce when you eat out. I've gotten it 3 times in the last 2 years from Olive Garden, Taco Bell, and a salad joint called Salata. I never had food poisoning in my life before last year and trust me, it's terrible.

Thank you for sharing

eating out is really scary 

I will never get vaccinated for anything 

I’ll die when I die...

2 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Make sure you have a big bowl of rice nearby! lol

Thanks for tip! 

As flu spreads in metro Detroit and nationwide, young visitors not as welcome in hospitals

Influenza cases are raging nationwide, federal authorities say 20 children have died from the flu and 7% of senior deaths last month are blamed on this year's virulent strain.

All of that prompted metro Detroit's Beaumont hospital chain to take an unusual step Friday afternoon: banning visits from children under 13 until the flu season subsides.

https://www.freep.com/story/news/local/michigan/detroit/2018/01/12/flu-metro-detroit-visitors-hospitals/1029960001/