Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

John Galt

$830 Million In “Missing” Helicopters, $21 Trillion In “Mysterious Items” As First Ever DOD Audit Begins

http://www.thelastamericanvagabond.com/top-news/830-million-missing-helicopters-21-trillion-mysterious-items-first-ever-dod-audit-begins/

After several decades of nation-building and trillions of dollars missing or improperly recorded, the long-awaited audit of the U.S. Department of Defense (DoD) has finally begun. On Wednesday, the Defense Department Comptroller David Norquist told lawmakers in Washington that the DoD’s first-ever department wide audit will cost about $367 million in 2018 and an additional $551 million to fix the problems.

Norquist, who testified before the House Armed Services Committee, said Defense Secretary James N. Mattis and Deputy Defense Secretary Patrick M. Shanahan are in full support of the audit. Back in May 2017, President Trump appointed Norquist to finally put the military’s financial house back in order after many years of delays.

“This is the first time the department will undergo a full financial statement audit,”he said. “A financial statement audit is comprehensive and occurs annually and it covers more than financial management,” Norquist explained to Lawmakers.

The purpose of the audit will document military equipment and real property along with condition and location. “It tests the vulnerability of our security systems and it validates the accuracy of personnel records and actions,” Norquist said

I can think of a few other places that need auditing. 

Gee...will there be a special separate audit ledger to account for all of that black-ops loot from drug running and other nefarious sources?  :loud-speaker-saying-no-smiley-emoticon:

6 minutes ago, Dan Lannon said:

Gee...will there be a special separate audit ledger to account for all of that black-ops loot from drug running and other nefarious sources?  :loud-speaker-saying-no-smiley-emoticon:

With the numbers Norquist put forth, I'd be calling for an accounting of the funds he claims it will require just to perform the audit.

DoD News says that 1,200 auditors are currently working on the project to assess the books.

I wonder how dangerous that job really is?  ^^^^^^^^^^ Auditor with trillions at stake for someone... I'll pass. 

12 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

DoD News says that 1,200 auditors are currently working on the project to assess the books.

I wonder how dangerous that job really is?  ^^^^^^^^^^ Auditor with trillions at stake for someone... I'll pass. 

Really, its not like they'll fire a missile into a building to get rid of evidence. :D

2 hours ago, WhiteHorse said:

Our country is not in debt. It is a victim of crime....theft. 

:nodl:

Not enough likes in the world for this one!

1 minute ago, ldld911 said:

Really, its not like they'll fire a missile into a building to get rid of evidence. :D

LOL 

6 hours ago, WhiteHorse said:

Our country is not in debt. It is a victim of crime....theft. 

Truer words have never been spoken

8 million for a spanner.  Maybe I could talk them into sending me a bit for some art supplies? I don't even want to blow anything up, just make the world more beautiful.