Walk Softly

Why I am always silent on military spin up claims

apache54    5,343
1 hour ago, COBO Member said:

Ok...humor me. What have they been moving around lately? I understand the "calm before the storm". But outside of what I've perceived as regular rotations of regular forces, what have we seen? The only thing I've noted is the RoKM's taking custody of some assault helos.

As to an, "imminent" strike, (not to cast dispersions on Walk Softly or the source of intel) this "heads up" could be little more than a homegrown social experiment.

I understand what your saying, what i have seen and talking to a logistics person, things have been on the move for several months now. besides supplies some heavy hardware was moved, if you know what i mean!

• Like 1

COBO Member    3,445
5 minutes ago, VonLud said:

Scuttlebutt.

Credence is in the ear of the listener.

I think it goes a bit further than that. I was at a get-together a while back and a SpecOps type laid out an almost unbeleivable tale surrounding an event I'm certain most everyone here is familiar with. Scuttlebutt? Most likely. But it had a ring of truth that just maybe...

As you say, credence is in the ear of the listener.

• Like 1

COBO Member    3,445
29 minutes ago, apache54 said:

I understand what your saying, what i have seen and talking to a logistics person, things have been on the move for several months now. besides supplies some heavy hardware was moved, if you know what i mean!

I know too well what you mean. No sense in sitting down for the movie without the popcorn.

But at the same time, let's face it. One of two things is happening. All this movement of hardware is meant to be known. Or there's a serious security issue/breach that needs tending. Or both.

apache54    5,343
8 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

I know too well what you mean. No sense in sitting down for the movie without the popcorn.

But at the same time, let's face it. One of two things is happening. All this movement of hardware is meant to be known. Or there's a serious security issue/breach that needs tending. Or both.

AGREED!!

either way, I have my popcorn ready!!

I heard NK Olympic team was around 400 athletes and trainers.

Didn't know they had so many..But my active mind loves to play games with me.

How would it pan out if they took World's leaders as hostages?

Queue John McClain...Finally! He had a chance to attend the Olympics after getting back with the wife.

Do we have enough make-up for another remake?!

Die Far..East

Dr. Evil    1,810

I don't really understand why most of you guys seem to think NK is a viable op.

Sure, the US will gain instant air superiority and might succeed in decapitating the political leadership.

So what?

Russia and China will not allow the US to nuke NK without retaliation because they know if they do, they're next.

And when you look at the NK terrain you see it's totally unsuitable for anything except large-scale infantry warfare. Almost all US weaponry even nukes and FAEs, will be ineffective. Because there are so many crags and valleys and mud the blast effects are extremely limited and the Norks are not going to be cooperating by assembling in large groups, are they.

And radio comms aren't going to be effective either so the usual calls for air support won't get through and surely you don't expect the Russians and Chinese to leave your comms sateliites unmolested and if you think your AWACS are the answer perhaps you haven't heard of the S-400 and 500 systems. Let alone the SU-50 and the Chinese J-20. And BTW stealth is not viable either because Russian satellites can track it by the disturbed air patterns, even if they are invisible.

So this leaves WWII infantry-style combat and the Norks are trained for that but the US isn't.

Has it occured even if there's movement perhaps its to cover something else? Something like internal dissent, when the public finds out Deep State is real, this is whose in it and BTW, they're all in Gitmo and a lot more are joining them shortly starting with virtually all the faces you see every night on your "news" shows.

NK probably doesn't have a delivery vehicle but it probably does have nukes and those simply need to be delivered via ship or sub - even a suicide vessel, in the right port. And this is the instant retaliation plus all the artillery, on Seoul, that can be expected.

And Kim will do that not just in SK but also in Japan. Why would he waste his time seeking to destroy a US target like Seattle or Guam when he could simply take out the Asian manufacturing sector by taking out all the SK parts manufacturers who supply electronic components to China who assemble them into your TVs etc, plus the Japanese manufacturers.

I've been wondering why the hell Trump has been needling NK and the only calculation which makes any sense to me (assuming he's not really just taking advice from the insane and stupid neocons) is that he's doing this on purpose, to provoke Kim into doing the above. This would destroy the US relationship in Asia for the forseeable future, but it would give American manufacturing a chance to take back the offshored processes and do the MAGA thing. 

The fact millions will die I suppose is neither here nor there.

But rest assured, if the US does take action on NK, you will see more body bags than Vietnam and there is absolutely no calculation that avoids that, because if you go the wholesale nuke route, then you will have to deal with Russia and China responding in like manner, against you.  

Redlistvet    802
51 minutes ago, Dr. Evil said:

I don't really understand why most of you guys seem to think NK is a viable op.

Sure, the US will gain instant air superiority and might succeed in decapitating the political leadership.

So what?

Russia and China will not allow the US to nuke NK without retaliation because they know if they do, they're next.

And when you look at the NK terrain you see it's totally unsuitable for anything except large-scale infantry warfare. Almost all US weaponry even nukes and FAEs, will be ineffective. Because there are so many crags and valleys and mud the blast effects are extremely limited and the Norks are not going to be cooperating by assembling in large groups, are they.

And radio comms aren't going to be effective either so the usual calls for air support won't get through and surely you don't expect the Russians and Chinese to leave your comms sateliites unmolested and if you think your AWACS are the answer perhaps you haven't heard of the S-400 and 500 systems. Let alone the SU-50 and the Chinese J-20. And BTW stealth is not viable either because Russian satellites can track it by the disturbed air patterns, even if they are invisible.

So this leaves WWII infantry-style combat and the Norks are trained for that but the US isn't.

Has it occured even if there's movement perhaps its to cover something else? Something like internal dissent, when the public finds out Deep State is real, this is whose in it and BTW, they're all in Gitmo and a lot more are joining them shortly starting with virtually all the faces you see every night on your "news" shows.

NK probably doesn't have a delivery vehicle but it probably does have nukes and those simply need to be delivered via ship or sub - even a suicide vessel, in the right port. And this is the instant retaliation plus all the artillery, on Seoul, that can be expected.

And Kim will do that not just in SK but also in Japan. Why would he waste his time seeking to destroy a US target like Seattle or Guam when he could simply take out the Asian manufacturing sector by taking out all the SK parts manufacturers who supply electronic components to China who assemble them into your TVs etc, plus the Japanese manufacturers.

I've been wondering why the hell Trump has been needling NK and the only calculation which makes any sense to me (assuming he's not really just taking advice from the insane and stupid neocons) is that he's doing this on purpose, to provoke Kim into doing the above. This would destroy the US relationship in Asia for the forseeable future, but it would give American manufacturing a chance to take back the offshored processes and do the MAGA thing. 

The fact millions will die I suppose is neither here nor there.

But rest assured, if the US does take action on NK, you will see more body bags than Vietnam and there is absolutely no calculation that avoids that, because if you go the wholesale nuke route, then you will have to deal with Russia and China responding in like manner, against you.  

There's always a plan.

https://www.military.com/daily-news/2018/01/09/war-korea-would-be-game-thrones-top-marine-says.html

Dr. Evil    1,810
4 minutes ago, Redlistvet said:

I'm not sure I'd trust a general on this. Most of them are political appointees who got to where they are by being good at obeying orders.

From what I've heard a lot of the generals think the Afghanistan surge is a terrific idea and it'll produce amazing results. 

We'll see as the year unfolds.

The real guts of military tactics and know-how resides in Colonels down. It's a shame they're not allowed to give out their opinions and the media never bothers to asks those of them who've retired.

sybdragon    1,582

At Thanksgiving the kid told me, that she was told to be ready to be deployed within the year. She asked where and she was told to 'watch the news'. She's stationed in Ft. Hood in Texas. 

China just has been getting their military ready to go to war. https://conservativetribune.com/china-president-rallies-troops/

Snippet: “President Xi Jinping has issued a blunt call for China’s military to be ready for war and unafraid to die defending the country, as geopolitical tensions mount in Asia,” reported Agence France-Presse, an international news wire based in Europe.

“Xi’s exhortation to the world’s largest fighting force, parts of which were revealed only late Thursday, came during what state media characterised as a rare address by the Chinese leader to the country’s entire military.”

The Chinese president addressed a gathering of soldiers Wednesday at the People’s Liberation Army’s Central Theater Command in a province near Beijing.

While a mass of troops and tanks assembled near Xi, military members throughout the large country also watched the president’s address over video.

Xi called on China’s forces to “neither fear hardship nor death,” and pushed for the military to be prepared for combat in the modern world.

In a gesture that could be seen as eerily foreboding, Xi also reportedly visited an exhibit that commemorated battles the People’s Liberation Army fought against American and United Nations forces during the Korean War.

The Korean Peninsula, of course, has come under renewed scrutiny since that 1950-53 war. China may once again have a role to play in the region, but it’s still unclear if the powerful nation will be standing with the United States… or against it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/09/north-korea-us-china/539364/

Snippet: In discussion with a group of Chinese military officers in Beijing in June, I asked whether North Korea’s Kim Jong Un could drag China and the U.S. into war. One bright young PLA colonel responded: absolutely not. I then asked whether this had ever happened before. He thought not—but then several of his colleagues reminded him of what happened in 1950.

In that case, Kim Jong Un’s grandfather, Kim Il Sung, launched a surprise attack on South Korea. His troops drove down the Korean Peninsula to the point that they were on the verge of reunifying the country. At the last minute, the U.S. came to South Korea’s rescue. An American division under the command of General Douglas MacArthur pushed North Korean troops back up the peninsula. MacArthur’s troops crossed the 38th parallel (which had been the dividing line between the North and South at the end of World War II) and were rapidly approaching the Yalu River that marks the border between Korea and China. But then, to MacArthur’s amazement, China attacked. A peasant army beat American troops back down the roads that they had come up, back down to the 38th parallel, where the U.S. was forced to settle for an armistice.

When the war ended, more than 50,000 Americans, several hundred thousand Chinese, and millions of Koreans had perished.

As my Chinese interlocutors noted, that was less than a year after Mao had won China’s long, bloody civil war. At that point, China’s GDP was less than 1/50th that of the U.S. And the U.S. was the world’s sole nuclear superpower, who had just five years earlier dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki to force Japan’s surrender in World War II. Today, China’s economy has already overtaken America’s in size, and China has nuclear weapons of its own. The proposition that China will not tolerate a unified Korea that is a U.S. military ally is, from the Chinese perspective, a simple settled fact. end snippet......

If we go to war with Lil' Kimmie, we go to war with China. China has warned us and N. Korea, Do NOT strike first. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-09/china-warns-trump-we-will-back-north-korea-if-us-strikes-first

Snippets: This is not the first time China has warned the US not to escalate: on August 11, Beijing, through the state-owned media, cautioned the US president on Friday that it would intervene (militarily) on North Korea’s behalf if the US and South Korea launch a preemptive strike to “overthrow the North Korean regime,” according to a statement in the influential state-run newspaper Global Times.

"If the U.S. and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so," it said.

At the same time, the Chinese regime made it clear that its preferred outcome would be a continuation of the status quo, warning Kim Jong Un, or perhaps Trump, that it would "remain neutral if North Korea were to strike first." 

Meanwhile, tensions are also growing between China and South Korea. The two countries have been at loggerheads over South Korea’s decision to deploy the U.S. THAAD anti-missile system, which has a powerful radar that can probe deep into China. Shares in South Korean automaker Hyundai Motor and key suppliers slid on Friday on worries over its position in China after highly critical Chinese state newspaper comments. Recently Hyundai auto sales in China have crashed as local suppliers and potential customers have shied away from the company due to nationalistic prerogatives. The military section of China’s Global Times newspaper on Thursday referred to THAAD as “a malignant tumor”.  end snippets.....

China. If we go to war, we are going to war with China. :popcorneat:

thedudeabides    2,482
2 hours ago, sybdragon said:

At Thanksgiving the kid told me, that she was told to be ready to be deployed within the year. She asked where and she was told to 'watch the news'. She's stationed in Ft. Hood in Texas. 

China just has been getting their military ready to go to war. https://conservativetribune.com/china-president-rallies-troops/

Snippet: “President Xi Jinping has issued a blunt call for China’s military to be ready for war and unafraid to die defending the country, as geopolitical tensions mount in Asia,” reported Agence France-Presse, an international news wire based in Europe.

“Xi’s exhortation to the world’s largest fighting force, parts of which were revealed only late Thursday, came during what state media characterised as a rare address by the Chinese leader to the country’s entire military.”

The Chinese president addressed a gathering of soldiers Wednesday at the People’s Liberation Army’s Central Theater Command in a province near Beijing.

While a mass of troops and tanks assembled near Xi, military members throughout the large country also watched the president’s address over video.

Xi called on China’s forces to “neither fear hardship nor death,” and pushed for the military to be prepared for combat in the modern world.

In a gesture that could be seen as eerily foreboding, Xi also reportedly visited an exhibit that commemorated battles the People’s Liberation Army fought against American and United Nations forces during the Korean War.

The Korean Peninsula, of course, has come under renewed scrutiny since that 1950-53 war. China may once again have a role to play in the region, but it’s still unclear if the powerful nation will be standing with the United States… or against it.

https://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2017/09/north-korea-us-china/539364/

Snippet: In discussion with a group of Chinese military officers in Beijing in June, I asked whether North Korea’s Kim Jong Un could drag China and the U.S. into war. One bright young PLA colonel responded: absolutely not. I then asked whether this had ever happened before. He thought not—but then several of his colleagues reminded him of what happened in 1950.

In that case, Kim Jong Un’s grandfather, Kim Il Sung, launched a surprise attack on South Korea. His troops drove down the Korean Peninsula to the point that they were on the verge of reunifying the country. At the last minute, the U.S. came to South Korea’s rescue. An American division under the command of General Douglas MacArthur pushed North Korean troops back up the peninsula. MacArthur’s troops crossed the 38th parallel (which had been the dividing line between the North and South at the end of World War II) and were rapidly approaching the Yalu River that marks the border between Korea and China. But then, to MacArthur’s amazement, China attacked. A peasant army beat American troops back down the roads that they had come up, back down to the 38th parallel, where the U.S. was forced to settle for an armistice.

When the war ended, more than 50,000 Americans, several hundred thousand Chinese, and millions of Koreans had perished.

As my Chinese interlocutors noted, that was less than a year after Mao had won China’s long, bloody civil war. At that point, China’s GDP was less than 1/50th that of the U.S. And the U.S. was the world’s sole nuclear superpower, who had just five years earlier dropped atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki to force Japan’s surrender in World War II. Today, China’s economy has already overtaken America’s in size, and China has nuclear weapons of its own. The proposition that China will not tolerate a unified Korea that is a U.S. military ally is, from the Chinese perspective, a simple settled fact. end snippet......

If we go to war with Lil' Kimmie, we go to war with China. China has warned us and N. Korea, Do NOT strike first. 

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2017-09-09/china-warns-trump-we-will-back-north-korea-if-us-strikes-first

Snippets: This is not the first time China has warned the US not to escalate: on August 11, Beijing, through the state-owned media, cautioned the US president on Friday that it would intervene (militarily) on North Korea’s behalf if the US and South Korea launch a preemptive strike to “overthrow the North Korean regime,” according to a statement in the influential state-run newspaper Global Times.

"If the U.S. and South Korea carry out strikes and try to overthrow the North Korean regime and change the political pattern of the Korean Peninsula, China will prevent them from doing so," it said.

At the same time, the Chinese regime made it clear that its preferred outcome would be a continuation of the status quo, warning Kim Jong Un, or perhaps Trump, that it would "remain neutral if North Korea were to strike first." 

Meanwhile, tensions are also growing between China and South Korea. The two countries have been at loggerheads over South Korea’s decision to deploy the U.S. THAAD anti-missile system, which has a powerful radar that can probe deep into China. Shares in South Korean automaker Hyundai Motor and key suppliers slid on Friday on worries over its position in China after highly critical Chinese state newspaper comments. Recently Hyundai auto sales in China have crashed as local suppliers and potential customers have shied away from the company due to nationalistic prerogatives. The military section of China’s Global Times newspaper on Thursday referred to THAAD as “a malignant tumor”.  end snippets.....

China. If we go to war, we are going to war with China. :popcorneat:

Been planned for 20 years. 

• Like 1

Dr. Evil    1,810
1 hour ago, thedudeabides said:

Been planned for 20 years. 

Only if your defence planners are idiots. There's no upside for you.

There is also no threat you need to defend against. It's all propaganda. Just like WMDs in Iraq.

What about any of this don't the American people understand.

Edited by Dr. Evil
  • Like 1

TheOldMan    2,920
19 hours ago, Walk Softly said:

Because I have close relationships from a previous line of work I was deeply involved in.  I built relationships with guys I trust and have trusted with my life. 

That being said, I've received my first credible notice. My only notice.  These guys are real.  They are the ugly from the dark corners of the world. 

If N Korea produces one more provocation, watch for military movement into the area.  I'm talking a spin up of military assets right down to the reserve level.  

That is all for now. 

I have no doubt about it...