Ukshep

US deploys 3 B-2 stealth bombers to Guam in message to North Korea

Ukshep    21,538

The U.S. Air Force announced it has deployed three nuclear-capable B-2 stealth bombers and 200 air personnel to Guam -- sending a strong signal to North Korea just a few days after its talks with South Korea. 

The B-2s join a number of B-1 conventional bombers already deployed on the Pacific island. 

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2018/01/11/us-deploys-3-b-2-stealth-bombers-to-guam-in-message-to-north-korea.html

And the original material from the air force!

https://twitter.com/PACAF/status/951261663088467968

Approximately 200 #Airmen and three #B2 Spirits deployed to @AndersenAFBGuam to support @PacificCommand's Bomber Assurance and Deterrence mission.

Looks like pieces are being moved into position to me. Or at least the appearance of it!

• Like 1

COBO Member    3,445
5 hours ago, Ukshep said:

Looks like pieces are being moved into position to me. Or at least the appearance of it!

Ummm...if you look into previous squadron/wing deployments, I believe you'll find this is just another sched'd rotation of men and machines. The dreaded, "N" word? Even training aircraft can be nuke capable in a pinch with wing pylons.

Ric278    518
6 hours ago, Ukshep said:

three nuclear-capable B-2 stealth bombers and 200 air personnel to Guam

This is probably all they have available at the time, we are spreading things thin it seems!

• Like 1

COBO Member    3,445
17 minutes ago, Ric278 said:

This is probably all they have available at the time, we are spreading things thin it seems!

There's a few more than that. But yes, the B-2 fleet was already thin before Obama's defense cuts put so much maintenance on the back burner. Along with the one that crashed, we'd be hard pressed to get 10 into service.

• Like 1