Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ric278

New York City plans to divest $5bn from fossil fuels and sue oil companies

Ric278    847

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jan/10/new-york-city-plans-to-divest-5bn-from-fossil-fuels-and-sue-oil-companies

New York City is seeking to lead the assault on both climate change and the Trump administration with a plan to divest $5bn from fossil fuels and sue the world’s most powerful oil companies over their contribution to dangerous global warming.

“New York City is standing up for future generations by becoming the first major US city to divest our pension funds from fossil fuels,” said Bill de Blasio, New York’s mayor.

“At the same time, we’re bringing the fight against climate change straight to the fossil fuel companies that knew about its effects and intentionally misled the public to protect their profits. As climate change continues to worsen, it’s up to the fossil fuel companies whose greed put us in this position to shoulder the cost of making New York safer and more resilient.”

New York, New York, get out while you can!

Ukshep    25,399

I find it interesting that New York City is a place that is usually hit by global warming type events in movies and now it's pushing global warming? Odd.

Ric278    847
5 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

it's pushing global warming?

New York has always followed the global agenda, just like California sad !

Groove    2,344

So New York is going to sue the gov and big oil over something the earth does normally. Ummm ok. Does no one in a gov position read history? Do they not know we went thru the same type of weather in the early 1800's when the sun went into a hibernation phase. Heck do they not know the sun is what causes the changes here? Morons. 

Sagd    795

If I ran the oil company' minute they filed suit id cut off all supply of gas and diesel, oils and natural gas see how long governent there survives 2 days tops stupid idiots:facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

who knows    807
1 hour ago, Groove said:

So New York is going to sue the gov and big oil over something the earth does normally. Ummm ok. Does no one in a gov position read history? Do they not know we went thru the same type of weather in the early 1800's when the sun went into a hibernation phase. Heck do they not know the sun is what causes the changes here? Morons. 

Everything is political. He doesn't care about people or the planet. He is just a jealous b*tch.

JRock    234

I find it ironic that one of the most unnatural environmentally unfriendly places on earth is trying to lead a so called environmentally friendly movement.

TheToolman    1,595

There is actually collusion going on between these state AG's and environmental groups.  Exxon has shown this to be true in other cases in California.  Anyway, you can't sue these companies for it, the states allowed it and took money from them in regards to fees and taxes.

JRock    234
6 minutes ago, Ric278 said:

:facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

I know. That is why I made sure to call it a "so called" movement. Global warming is BS and CO2 is good for the environment. They should have stuck to pollution as the #1 environmental crisis.

Ric278    847

transcript says  Bill Basilio:  Can we really sue?

New York attorney general: This is America, why not !:facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

who knows    807
3 hours ago, JRock said:

I find it ironic that one of the most unnatural environmentally unfriendly places on earth is trying to lead a so called environmentally friendly movement.

:gsbrnint::clap1::happy: