Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

Ukshep

Koala Found Nailed To Pole In Australia

Ukshep    25,452

Koala Rescue Queensland (KRQ) responded to a report of one of the furry animals climbing a picnic shelter at Brooloo Park Lookout near Gympie, 175 kilometres (around 100 miles) north of Brisbane, on Wednesday.

But on closer inspection it was found to be dead and screwed in place.

"This poor koala has been screwed to the pole with building screws," it said on Facebook.

"He is deceased, but whether or not he was when cruelly attached to the structure is unknown."

KRQ president Murray Chambers said he thought he was hearing things when told about the incident.

"We've had koalas shot a few times. We've had them deliberately run over, but this is the first time some nutcase has actually screwed a koala to a building," he told broadcaster ABC.

"You know, I mean, what's wrong with society? Just makes you feel sick in the guts."

https://www.ndtv.com/world-news/outrage-after-koala-found-screwed-to-pole-in-australia-1798573

How could someone do such a thing?? But I think It all depends I think on if that Koala was dead before or after it was nailed to that post :( That determines I think whether or not this was a sick individual or someone with serial killer qualities....

Ukshep    25,452
1 minute ago, Kadosh said:

Whomever did that is one sick f***. :angry:

:hesright:

Kadosh    806

That being said, sadly, it doesn't shock or surprise me anymore. Humanity is becoming numb and desensitised to all manner of evil and debauchery.  The pervasive evil in this realm is so thick anymore that you can cut it with a knife.

As I near my end, I often find myself longing for the relative morality of the society of my childhood days.  As Bob Seger so eloquently put it in his song, Against the Wind, "I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."  There certainly is something to be said for blissful ignorance.

As Christians, we're called to live a joyous life. I confess that I find being joyful a pretty tall order these days.

Ukshep    25,452
10 minutes ago, Kadosh said:

That being said, sadly, it doesn't shock or surprise me anymore. Humanity is becoming numb and desensitised to all manner of evil and debauchery.  The pervasive evil in this realm is so thick anymore that you can cut it with a knife.

As evil rises so does good, Balance will be found eventually. I have faith in that!

Kadosh    806
2 minutes ago, Oregonian said:

We are already in hell folks.

I subscribe to the truth that this life is as close as Christians will ever get to hell, and unfortunately as close as the unsaved will ever get to heaven.

Oregonian    841
5 minutes ago, Kadosh said:

I subscribe to the truth that this life is as close as Christians will ever get to hell, and unfortunately as close as the unsaved will ever get to heaven.

I've felt that this is purgatory..."in between" earn your way out and up or stay in as close to he'll as possible....until you get it right

Ronin    335
3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

How could someone do such a thing?? But I think It all depends I think on if that Koala was dead before or after it was nailed to that post :( That determines I think whether or not this was a sick individual or someone with serial killer qualities....

for it to have been put there alive... it would've had to have been tranquilized. so let's hope that isn't the case.

...definitely cannot handle a wild one of those little fellas. it'll slice you up better than a butchers knife.

who knows    807
3 hours ago, Kadosh said:

As I near my end, I often find myself longing for the relative morality of the society of my childhood days.  As Bob Seger so eloquently put it in his song, Against the Wind, "I wish I didn't know now what I didn't know then."  There certainly is something to be said for blissful ignorance.

As Christians, we're called to live a joyous life. I confess that I find being joyful a pretty tall order these days.

We need more hands on parenting. The state has taken over

Oregonian    841

The koala is to Australia as the Eiffel tower is to France.

I believe this was done as an FU to AUS and was done so to make a statement