Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

GySgtermey

LINE IN THE SAND: James Woods Issues Stern Warning To Trump!

GySgtermey    959

https://www.dailywire.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_full/public/uploads/2018/01/gettyimages-456221834.jpg?itok=aUQ2lo2L

Wed January 10, 2018    :pointing-down-smiley-emoticon:

LINE IN THE SAND: James Woods Issues Stern Warning To Trump

"That’s it. If Trump rolls over on DACA, he loses my vote. That is a promise."

Conservative Hollywood actor James Woods fired a shot at President Donald Trump and the Republican Party on Tuesday, warning the president that all bets are off if he gives in on immigration.

Woods' remarks come as the debate over how to fix the immigration system continues to heat up. On Tuesday, Trump let the media watch an hour-long meeting he had with congressional leaders on DACA, border security, chain migration, and the visa lottery system.

Source:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/25607/line-sand-james-woods-issues-stern-warning-trump-ryan-saavedra

who knows    807
2 hours ago, GySgtermey said:

https://www.dailywire.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_full/public/uploads/2018/01/gettyimages-456221834.jpg?itok=aUQ2lo2L

Wed January 10, 2018    :pointing-down-smiley-emoticon:

LINE IN THE SAND: James Woods Issues Stern Warning To Trump

"That’s it. If Trump rolls over on DACA, he loses my vote. That is a promise."

Conservative Hollywood actor James Woods fired a shot at President Donald Trump and the Republican Party on Tuesday, warning the president that all bets are off if he gives in on immigration.

Woods' remarks come as the debate over how to fix the immigration system continues to heat up. On Tuesday, Trump let the media watch an hour-long meeting he had with congressional leaders on DACA, border security, chain migration, and the visa lottery system.

Source:
https://www.dailywire.com/news/25607/line-sand-james-woods-issues-stern-warning-trump-ryan-saavedra

Damn way to go James. First California then the white house

Stan Hail    213

I have to say Woods is a little off base here  While I do agree DACA should be ended in the sense that no future immigrants should qualify it is a good negotiating tool and a wise one. There are other laws and orders that can be used to not allow criminals that may qualify for DACA currently to stay in the country but those that are not criminals, who have lived in the country since they were children and have been law abiding should have an easy path to citizenship. I live in a state that is heavily populated by folks of Hispanic heritage that qualify for DACA currently and most are hard working and family oriented. As it is now I don't believe felons can gain citizenship under DACA and with other executive orders and laws they can be deported in the future but if we embrace the law abiding that in most cases have already grown up here and been educated here I see no harm. in fact allowing them citizenship may even sway them them towards opening their eyes that one side of our current political system isn't stacked against them when they are allowed to vote.

To me the greater goal is to lock down our southern border in the future and not so much punishing folks who have actually contributed to our society up to this point, albeit illegally .  The whole idea that all children who grew up here illegally are parasites is just totally off base and extremely short sighted. Yes we need to do what ever we can legally do to remove the illegal criminal element who may be hiding behind DACA but on the same hand I think we should embrace those that have proven they are law abiding and willing to contribute. 

It's just not a black and white issue as Mr. Woods paints it and there is a lot of gray area. With astute negotiation I think grandfathering some of those that qualify under DACA is a boon to our society, especially if allowing them to stay helps lock down our southern border in the future.

Ukshep    25,406
7 hours ago, who knows said:

Damn way to go James. First California then the white house

Do you think he would?? James Woods 2020. They roast him in all the family guy shows etc. Ain't that how they roll. He's right under our noses... :D

Cryptic Mole    5,156
14 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Do you think he would?? James Woods 2020. They roast him in all the family guy shows etc. Ain't that how they roll. He's right under our noses... :D

These days it's beginning to look like we may actually have a choice; Oprah Winfrey or James Woods. :gsbrnint:

COZMO    523
4 hours ago, Stan Hail said:

I have to say Woods is a little off base here  While I do agree DACA should be ended in the sense that no future immigrants should qualify it is a good negotiating tool and a wise one. There are other laws and orders that can be used to not allow criminals that may qualify for DACA currently to stay in the country but those that are not criminals, who have lived in the country since they were children and have been law abiding should have an easy path to citizenship. I live in a state that is heavily populated by folks of Hispanic heritage that qualiofy for DACA currently and most are hard working and family oriented. As it is now I don't believe felons can gain citizenship under DACA and with other executive orders and laws they can be deported in the future but if we embrace the law abiding that in most cases have already grown up here and been educated here I see no harm. in fact allowing them citizenship may even sway them them towards opening their eyes that one side of our current political system isn't stacked against them when they are allowed to vote.

To me the greater goal is to lock down our southern border in the future and not so much punishing folks who have actually contributed to our society up to this point, albeit illegally .  The whole idea that all children who grew up here illegally are parasites is just totally off base and extremely short sighted. Yes we need to do what ever we can legally do to remove the illegal criminal element who may be hiding behind DACA but on the same hand I think we should embrace those that have proven they are law abiding and willing to contribute. 

It's just not a black and white issue as Mr. Woods paints it and there is a lot of gray area. With astute negotiation I think grandfathering some of those that qualify under DACA is a boon to our society, especially if allowing them to stay help lock down our southern border in the future.

Well said, I agree.:kaneclap:

who knows    807
3 hours ago, Ukshep said:

not 2020 however if he could take Browns place I will vacation in California. Being a goveren of a state especially a state like CA is a very big deal. Good governors can make good country

who knows    807
2 hours ago, COZMO said:

Well said, I agree.:kaneclap:

We are a nation with immigration laws and without those it can ruin our country(which it is). What you are not seeing is when immigrants come from mostly certain countries it makes an imbalance.

I want tighter security but I want to show any don't come in and just demand your citizenship. Most daca are not children. Most still don't speak english or speak it well

When Obama was in office many were asked if they wanted to be citizens and they said no.So why now?

Those same adults are now DEMANDING citizenship. They are there at some of these rioting making demands.

They need to go back to the countries of "birth" and turn those countries around. Not bring ours down. We are not the united states of mexico or whatever country you want to put there

who knows    807

I also forgot to say they are the reason companies are paying such low wages.Citizen fought these wages and then came in all the  illegals bringing down wages.It's not true they do the jobs better I asked a contractor that built house for years in AZ and he said they did shitty work. That was the findings with the majority I asked no matter the job

sybdragon    1,801
11 hours ago, Stan Hail said:

I have to say Woods is a little off base here  While I do agree DACA should be ended in the sense that no future immigrants should qualify it is a good negotiating tool and a wise one. There are other laws and orders that can be used to not allow criminals that may qualify for DACA currently to stay in the country but those that are not criminals, who have lived in the country since they were children and have been law abiding should have an easy path to citizenship. I live in a state that is heavily populated by folks of Hispanic heritage that qualify for DACA currently and most are hard working and family oriented. As it is now I don't believe felons can gain citizenship under DACA and with other executive orders and laws they can be deported in the future but if we embrace the law abiding that in most cases have already grown up here and been educated here I see no harm. in fact allowing them citizenship may even sway them them towards opening their eyes that one side of our current political system isn't stacked against them when they are allowed to vote.

It's just not a black and white issue as Mr. Woods paints it and there is a lot of gray area. With astute negotiation I think grandfathering some of those that qualify under DACA is a boon to our society, especially if allowing them to stay helps lock down our southern border in the future.

Nope. We have already done this amnesty crap and that's why we have this DACA problem now. That amnesty was in the 1986. These people's parents came into the country after that thinking we were suckers and lollipops and if we give them amnesty now, they would be correct in that assessment. All amnesty does is create more and more illegals wanting to hit the golden ticket. No more golden tickets as we have history to show that does not work. Why do you want to repeat mistakes that do not work? Why do you think it will work now? It won't. 

If these people want to stay here, they need to pack their bags and go back to their country and apply to come back the legal way. Why should all those people that come in the legal way have to wait behind criminals? Why do you want to reward criminal behavior? These people are not children anymore and can not blame their parents for being here illegally anymore. They could have moved back to their home country when they turned 18 and applied to come back. Hell, it's so easy for them to go to college, they should get a degree and go home and apply to come back to the USA with their USA degree. We like people with degrees and such. After all, the tech companies love green cards for their workers and they will help you out. There are ways to do this legally but they do not want to bother with those laws do they? 

They also have no problem with identity theft or they can not holding down a legal job. After all, legal jobs take social security numbers and other documents. Seems like everyone I know has to produce these documents when they get a job. So how are these illegals getting any legal id's? Because idiots think that illegal criminals are worth more than legal citizens, that's how. We owe illegals nothing. Not even birth certificates for their kids. They need to go. 

Deport them all. No amnesty. It doesn't work, it just makes the problem bigger. Liars, cheats, frauds, ID thieves, trespassers, and that's just from jumping a border and getting work in the USA. That's not doing anything 'criminal' but just a few crimes that everyone wants to overlook that actually harm people and takes USA taxpayers money to pay for them and their kids. Schooling and infrastructure ain't cheap ya know. That crap costs money. :coffeetime:

Fraud is rampant in DACA too. https://nationaleconomicseditorial.com/2017/09/08/50-percent-daca-recipients-fraudulent-says-former-immigration-official/

Snippet: According to Matt O’Brien, the former manager for the US Citizenship and Immigration Services Agency’s investigative unit, fraud under Obama’s unconstitutional Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program has reached absurd proportions.

In fact, up to half of the 800,000 illegal aliens who benefit under DACA should not be receiving said benefits—they’re frauds who don’t meet the program’s criteria.  O’Brien bluntly states:

Based on what I have seen and what I discussed with my colleagues, the fraud rate is 40 to 50 percent. It’s possible that it was higher.

O’Brien mentions that abuse was common in the DACA program from the get-go. end snippet......

https://www.theatlantic.com/notes/2016/05/thirty-years-after-the-immigration-reform-and-control-act/482364/

Snippet: Instead of stemming illegal immigration, IRCA has actually encouraged it. In response to growers’ fears that the new sanctions on employers would create a shortage of farm workers, Congress included in the bill a special amnesty for illegal immigrants who could prove that they had done farm work in the United States during the previous year. It did not demand much proof. [The program] was expected to grant legal status to 350,000 illegal immigrants. Instead more than 1.3 million illegal immigrants--a number roughly equivalent at the time to a sixth of the adult male population of rural Mexico--applied for this amnesty, most of them using phony documents in what has been called one of the greatest immigration frauds in American history.