Cinnamon

Immigration agents descend on 7-Eleven stores in 17 states

Cinnamon    24,840

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- Seven immigration agents filed into a 7-Eleven store before dawn Wednesday, waited for people to go through the checkout line and told arriving customers and a driver delivering beer to wait outside. A federal inspection was underway, they said.

Within 20 minutes, they verified that the cashier had a valid green card and served notice on the owner to produce hiring records in three days that deal with employees' immigration status.

The well-rehearsed scene, executed with quiet efficiency in Los Angeles' Koreatown, played out at about 100 7-Eleven stores in 17 states and the District of Columbia, a rolling operation that officials called the largest immigration action against an employer under Donald Trump's presidency.

The employment audits and interviews with store workers could lead to criminal charges or fines. And they appeared to open a new front in Trump's expansion of immigration enforcement, which has already brought a 40 percent increase in deportation arrests and pledges to spend billions of dollars on a border wall with Mexico.

A top official at U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement said the audits were "the first of many" and "a harbinger of what's to come" for employers.

<snip>

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/apnewsbreak-7-eleven-probe-opens-front-immigration-170202556.html

Here it comes, what many have been wanting to see happen for a long time! 

• Like 1

A lot of those Stop and Robs are owned by Indians because they pool their money and get lots of cheap loans and grants from the government--that white citizens can't get. Then they hire dot head students who are in the USA with student visas. They work cheap and pay cash and don't have the overhead. Indians are even cheaper than (((You-Know-Who)))!!!

• Like 1

Cinnamon    24,840
1 hour ago, Megaton Jim said:

A lot of those Stop and Robs are owned by Indians because they pool their money and get lots of cheap loans and grants from the government--that white citizens can't get. Then they hire dot head students who are in the USA with student visas. They work cheap and pay cash and don't have the overhead. Indians are even cheaper than (((You-Know-Who)))!!!

All the small businesses where I am are either Indian, Muslim, Chinese or Mexican owned. Seldom do you see a white or black business owner in any of the strip malls (which is about all there is).  The pack and ships, convenience stores, liquor stores, restaurants... all of them. 

• Like 1

who knows    641
9 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

All the small businesses where I am are either Indian, Muslim, Chinese or Mexican owned. Seldom do you see a white or black business owner in any of the strip malls (which is about all there is).  The pack and ships, convenience stores, liquor stores, restaurants... all of them. 

Same I have seen in my travels Cinn. We don't seem to get the "offers" they do:angry:

who knows    641

I remember when citizens had all these companies and jobs.How long ago was that I wonder. I bet it goes back to Bush

who knows    641

If anyone one here wants to see more of this and DACA fixed please call the white house 

202 456 1414:happy:

Edited by who knows
  • Like 1

They don't have to pay income tax for seven years and then after seven they sell the business to a relative for a dollar and get another seven years. The banks see the newly arrived foreigners as good credit risks. They have clean slates. Buying a business, like a hotel, gets them an Investors Visa, which will more quickly lead to a green card and then citizenship. Investors visas are super easy to get as long as you find some sort of financing. I would guess the hotel franchise companies (at least sometimes) provide financing for them. If not some (((legal service))) that specializes in that kind of thing.

Owning a small hotel requires crappy hours at reception, hard work, such as cleaning rooms, working in the kitchen etc., and perhaps is not all that profitable. Small hotels simply don’t produce enough revenue to afford full time staff. The Indian often have many children and/or relatives that work cheap and have few needs. Not to mention the student visa dots who work dirt cheap, too.

• Like 2

Cinnamon    24,840
8 minutes ago, Megaton Jim said:

They don't have to pay income tax for seven years

:angry:

• Angry 1

Cinnamon    24,840
26 minutes ago, who knows said:

I remember when citizens had all these companies and jobs.How long ago was that I wonder. I bet it goes back to Bush

What's funny is these stores are having to hire a white person who speaks English to serve their English speaking customers. One of the pack n ships did that and I was lmao... though I guess it's not really that funny. 

Cinnamon    24,840
1 minute ago, who knows said:

I bet Americans couldn't go to these countries and get all these great offers

You get nothin'.