phxsparks

Hell freezes over: how the Church of Satan got cool

phxsparks    1,016

This is presented without comment.  If anyone has an opinion, please give your opinion a voice.

Thanks to a canny social media presence – which has included messages to Chelsea Clinton – and progressive politics, satanism is an unlikely spiritual antidote to the Trump era

Disappointingly, Chelsea Clinton has denied she and her husband practice satanism. Her tweet wishing the folks at the Church of Satan a happy new year should not be taken as endorsement of the dark lord’s manifold heresies.

One hopes that, like her father’s denial of having had “sexual relations with that woman”, Chelsea’s disclaimer isn’t for real. Doesn’t she realise that the radical power of Satan is having a moment unparalleled since Milton unwittingly made him the bad ass rebel hero of Paradise Lost?

The paper sent a reporter to investigate a satanic soiree in a California basement where they found a coterie of artists, writers and musicians who chanted “Hail Satan!”, while someone, unacceptably, played minor chords on the organ.

Satanism is attracting counter-cultural Californians because it is seen as a community-based response to the Trump era. As the paper writes: “Traditionalists might debate if any of it is properly ‘satanic’ at all; this new take is much more feminist than nihilist, flexibly self-aware and better versed in internet culture than orthodox theology.”

50% rule: Linky:  https://www.theguardian.com/world/shortcuts/2018/jan/08/chelsea-clinton-church-satan-got-cool

Here is what one of their Satanic events looks like.

4460.jpg

• Like 2

TheOldMan    2,923

We have a sect in my city, it’s location remains unknown 

i always wanted to go down there for an interview 

it’s on the rise for sure 

• Like 1

Cinnamon    24,747

The news is covering them more and more. Which means they want us to think about them. 

• Like 2

love>fear    23

if they are in politics or Hollywood they are probably a child molesting Satanist, just saying.  Also, voodoo and other pagan practices have been on the rise lately.  Not a big fan of the Pope and his one world religion either.

• Like 1

phxsparks    1,016
49 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

The news is covering them more and more. Which means they want us to think about them. 

:nodl:

phxsparks    1,016
43 minutes ago, love>fear said:

if they are in politics or Hollywood they are probably a child molesting Satanist, just saying.  Also, voodoo and other pagan practices have been on the rise lately.  Not a big fan of the Pope and his one world religion either.

RIGHT.thumb.jpg.ee827392eb35cdb0234c6f6f1da3a40b.jpg

Ukshep    21,609

Church of satan?? Cool?? OK let's see how they like reality of satan worship. *And god's hand reached down from the sky and surrounded the churches of satan in wildfire. Burning them all in fiery hellish fire*

• Like 1

Ukshep    21,609

f**k satanists. And yeah I got a potty mouth. I'm real. And I'm British! :nenene:

phxsparks    1,016
1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

Church of satan?? Cool?? OK let's see how they like reality of satan worship. *And god's hand reached down from the sky and surrounded the churches of satan in wildfire. Burning them all in fiery hellish fire*

f4f2ff394b.thumb.jpg.bb637eb2c09f125ef50a2aece4c72a6e.jpg

phxsparks    1,016
13 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

f**k satanists. And yeah I got a potty mouth. I'm real. And I'm British! :nenene:

:clap1:    I totally agree!  Feck em!  That is the Irish synonym.     :gsbrnint:

• Like 1

JustATrucker    606

They can enjoy it for now.. But when they reach the real lake of fire, they would have wished they hadn't worshiped Satan at all..

Edited by JustATrucker
  • Like 1

phxsparks    1,016
1 minute ago, JustATrucker said:

They can enjoy it for now.. But when the reach the real lake of fire, they would have wished they hadn't worshiped Satan at all..

When they depart for the Lake of Fire, I will be the first to offer them a can of gasoline for the journey.

:nukeanimated:

• Like 1