grav

Nasa Says The Earth Is Round Where's The Proof

Malevolent    3,125

The windows in a plane are curved in a way that bends what you see behind them , most cameras also have this issue. I live on the east coast of FL and when I look out on the horizon of the ocean it looks pretty dam flat.

All of your other questions can be answered with a few hours of research or less , if your lazy just go listen to some Mark Sargent interviews.

https://www.youtube.com/user/markksargent/videos

I cannot remember directing any questions to you.  As for research - I was not the founding member of the thread, a statement was made and it is a free world to ask questions - which were, if I recall directed at the author.

If it comes to being lazy, man you need to find your get-up and go - the context of "you are" was already shortened for lazy people to "you're" and now you are even too lazy to use a ' and shorten it to "your" - which by the way has a different meaning all together!

As for the earth being what ever shape, how does that impact on my life?  At my age I could not give a rats ass whether it is shaped like a cloud or butterfly - it will not change my life and I cannot change the fact that earth is shaped like it is!

kloudnine    18

I cannot remember directing any questions to you.  As for research - I was not the founding member of the thread, a statement was made and it is a free world to ask questions - which were, if I recall directed at the author.

If it comes to being lazy, man you need to find your get-up and go - the context of "you are" was already shortened for lazy people to "you're" and now you are even too lazy to use a ' and shorten it to "your" - which by the way has a different meaning all together!

As for the earth being what ever shape, how does that impact on my life?  At my age I could not give a rats ass whether it is shaped like a cloud or butterfly - it will not change my life and I cannot change the fact that earth is shaped like it is!

Really your only defense are my grammar mistakes? 

I can feel the apathy in your messages , it disgusting.

p.s This is an open forum and anyone can reply to what ever the fuck they like.

Malevolent    3,125

Really your only defense are my grammar mistakes? Your not only lazy your also stupid.

And to top it off you are one of the old pieces of shit that rode the world to where we are now?  I can feel the apathy in your messages , it disgusting.

p.s This is an open forum and anyone can reply to what ever the fuck they like.

Son you should really have a look at the anger issues you carry around, they are not good for the blood pressure!  

kloudnine    18

Son you should really have a look at the anger issues you carry around, they are not good for the blood pressure!  

Just a big smile here , no anger.  

The jokes on you.

grav   
grav

I know

Finally, a scrap of evidence we can discuss dispassionately. Thanks, DK.

This, or something very much like it, has to be how the round earth twirls around the sun, which itself moves like a giant comet through the plasma of space at 500,000 mph.

Yet our perspective of the constellations is almost static. If you look up at the night sky, you can easily identify the Big Dipper, Cassiopeia, and other star arrangements. They move slowly in majestic circles overhead. And the ground under our feet is spinning at 1000 mph (at the equator). And we're racing at 67,000 mph around our sun. These are NASA facts. Agreed?

Ah, the earth is a ballerina, or a figure skater, constantly in motion, yet strong enough gravity-wise to hold us to her her bosom, even though powerful centrifugal forces predict the opposite will happen. 

Sheesh, you'd been burned at the stake if you said this stuff back in the day. People then were absolutely sure they knew how the cow ate the cabbage.

Speaking of, please mind yer manners, ladies and gents:IBPlzqK:

And I'll decide if we need grammar and spelling errors commented on. And, yes, in English it is fine and dandy to end a sentence with a preposition.

Edited by grav

kloudnine    18

Hey Falke im sorry for calling you stupid , the mods here are ok with people talking about how many cats they have killed but its unacceptable to call someone the S word.

Apologies good sir/madam.  

grav   
grav

I can watch only a few videos a day, with data caps.

This one is interesting. The sound quality is poor, the intrusive YT music doesn't help. It asks several questions, including this one: Why can't  we get real pictures of earth from space?  It seems like a simple task, yet . . . 

It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.

~Aristotle

grav   
grav

NASA has published several photos of the earth as seen from the moon. All are computer-generated. The scale is all wrong. Earth is 4 times greater  in diameter than the moon and should appear much larger. In this one the earth is as big as the pint-sized lunar module that the astronauts lived in for days, and which also carried the dune buggy, and then rocketed back to rendezvous with the mother ship that was traveling 3600 mph. And that was with 1960s computers! Notice the horizon. Does that look real?

http://cdn01.wallconvert.com/_media/wallpapers_1920x1080/1/2/earth-view-from-the-moon-19143.png

http://s3.postimg.org/gjutiuw0m/earth_moon_size.gif

If you were standing on the moon facing earth, how big should it look?

In fact, the moon should not even be there. It defies the laws of physics.

http://viewzone.com/anomaluna1.html

In other words, why should we believe what NASA says about anything?

^ Sorry, Grav, but all the claims and conclusions drawn in the statements there are simply incorrect and demonstrate a lack of understanding of perspective, optics, physics and computer science.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.