Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
John Galt

State, Defense and CIA chiefs all opposed Jerusalem declaration. Kushner/Greenblatt asked to delay embassy move- Trumps Views & His Allies

John Galt    974

https://www.timesofisrael.com/state-defense-and-cia-chiefs-all-opposed-jerusalem-declaration-cnn-says/

They need a good guy and bad guy to draw our energy.. Hegelian dialectic is the name of the game.

Top officials in the Trump administration opposed the president’s recognition of Jerusalem as Israel’s capital Wednesday and advised Donald Trump not to upset the status quo in the region, CNN has reported.

Meanwhile Trump’s peace envoys — Special Representative for International Negotiations Jason Greenblatt and his son-in-law and senior policy adviser Jared Kushner — reportedly supported the move but advised him to delay relocating the US embassy to Jerusalem.

CNN noted that Tillerson was not at Trump’s side when he made his announcement, which ended seven decades of US ambiguity on the status of the disputed city and prompted an almost universal diplomatic backlash and fears of new bloodshed in the Middle East.

However, Tillerson did release a statement saying work on moving the embassy would start immediately.

“We have consulted with many friends, partners, and allies in advance of the President making his decision,” he said. “The State Department will immediately begin the process to implement this decision by starting the preparations to move the US Embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem.”

Speaking at a NATO ministerial meeting in Brussels, Tillerson said Trump was “very committed” to the peace process, adding that the team led by Kushner was working “very diligently” to achieve it.

Tillerson said the United States had “implemented robust security plans to protect the safety of Americans in affected regions.”

John Galt    974

https://www.timesofisrael.com/on-jerusalem-trumps-view-molded-by-powerful-allies/

On Jerusalem, Trump’s view molded by powerful allies

The decision reflects the influence of powerful allies in Trump’s inner circle, including Vice President Mike Pence and Republican mega-donor Sheldon Adelson, men determined to coach Trump on the issue and its importance to conservative Jews and evangelical Christians. It comes despite widespread criticism from allies in the Middle East and Europe, and concerns from some members of his own Cabinet.

“Today we finally acknowledge the obvious: that Jerusalem is Israel’s capital,” Trump said from the White House. “This is nothing more or less than a recognition of reality. It is also the right thing to do. It’s something that has to be done.”

Appearing before a forum organized by the Republican Jewish Coalition, an influential lobbying group largely funded by Adelson, Trump was asked a delicate, but predictable, diplomatic question: Did he believe Jerusalem was the undivided capital of Israel?

The presidential candidate, who prided himself on candor and straight talk, dodged.

“You know what I want to do? I want to wait until I meet with Bibi,” Trump said, referring to Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu. A smattering of boos erupted from the audience.

“This sends a clear message, a very important message, that we will not allow threats of terrorism to determine policy. It’s not just words this time,” said Morton Klein, president of the Zionist Organization of America.

The US officials most heavily engaged in the discussion are Jared Kushner, the president’s son-in-law and senior adviser, and special envoy Jason Greenblatt, who has made multiple trips to the region.

Both Kushner and Greenblatt supported the president’s decision even though they anticipated it would upset the Arab world, according to a White House official. But because the men had already not anticipated presenting a plan until sometime next year, they believe the anger over Jerusalem could subside before negotiations begin, the official said.

John Galt    974
1 minute ago, Sagd said:

CNN enough said

Israel Times, and his 'allies' cannot be debated at this point. Everything in the article was simply stating the obvious. Check 2nd link

Sagd    257

To tell you the truth Galt I'm so sick of the Isrealis and Palestinians I've got couple friends from Lebanon and they hate the Palestinians they have a totally different view of that whole mess growing up in it.Lets just say they prefer the Isrealis kind of shocked me when I heard it and no there not Druze

John Galt    974
3 minutes ago, Sagd said:

To tell you the truth Galt I'm so sick of the Isrealis and Palestinians I've got couple friends from Lebanon and they hate the Palestinians they have a totally different view of that whole mess growing up in it.Lets just say they prefer the Isrealis kind of shocked me when I heard it and no there not Druze

I see both sides, and it is true that many of the Palestinians do not act as one would like. 

Check out their environment, and it is quite obvious why.

Same thing goes for places like Somalia now.

I agree the whole issue is beyond ignorant.

I mean it when I say that it is all a show.

My worries and prayers are simply with those men and women who are genuinely fighting back against oppression against obstacle from both sides. When one polarizes an issue both sides inevitably turn against the center.

Sagd    257

I know I'm not on the Isreali side at all damn they run my country anybody who can't see that is a idiot .As far as Somalia goes well I know lots of them and most of those guys are going home soon hell ones some kind of royalty over there couldn't go back till just recently .Smart to has made himself small fortune going back to live like a king .These guys are hard working unlike the ganster types lots of those in Canada

Edited by Sagd
  • Like 2

John Galt    974
15 minutes ago, Sagd said:

I know I'm not on the Isreali side at all damn they run my country anybody who can't see that is a idiot .As far as Somalia goes well I know lots of them and most of those guys are going home soon hell ones some kind of royalty over there couldn't go back till just recently .Smart to has made himself small fortune going back to live like a king .These guys are hard working unlike the ganster types lots of those in Canada

It is certainly a difficult issue to morally grasp..

I know that many do very bad things, but I also know our ("America" or whatever we are now) role upon their environment so as to make it that way. 

In the case of the Palestinian environment, it is a literal open air prison camp with factions from many nations dividing the people. I agree with your friends in Lebanon, and really do get what they are saying. I would not necessarily want many of them in America 

Ukshep    20,144
6 hours ago, John Galt said:

When one polarizes an issue both sides inevitably turn against the center.

:hesright:

Trump is his own man, and he does not allow himself to be manipulated like a puppet.  This is why the Deep State hates him, they have absolutely zero power over him and his actions.  Trump is not an ideologue and that is a good thing.

sybdragon    1,505

Was going to happen in it's time. I have a problem with those religious folks that prophecy stuff these days. I am so skeptical about it all. There have been a couple guys that proclaimed Trump was God's chosen and meant to lead the way of the USA. He is to be a great friend to Israel. And I do not know them all as I am a skeptic about all that stuff so I've listened to bits and pieces and changed the channel. They were kindof boring and drama queen-ish to me really. Putting on a show. :popcorneat:  Anyway, the world was going to come to that decision. They need Trump to do it first and take the lead and the heat and they will quietly follow behind him. Eating the dust of his wagon wheels all the way but they will come. I find it interesting how that is working out. The other world leaders scream and put on a drama queen show and then they do the same thing. Check out everyone's new 'Great Wall' to keep out migrants. Seems everyone wants in on the project now and walls are going up everywhere on the borders. The days of free travel are almost over. All it will take is one massive world wide pandemic and the borders would lock down like iron gates. Keeping them out and you in. Everyone goes through security to get to the other side. Wonder if they will put a wall up on the northern border of the USA... Be a long wall....

So I would say, once the USA moves their embassy, others will follow suit. Jerusalem is suppose to get wiped off the map one day. Why would anyone want it? Besides, this could be a nothing burger. Trump delayed it 6 months. So far it's just talk. Talk is cheap. Bush and Obama agreed Jerusalem was the capital of Israel too and talked about it. Talk. All talk so far. No action. I'll wait and see before I get too excited about this. :popcorneat: