Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Cinnamon

House passes concealed carry gun bill

who knows    440
2 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

It supposedly is but it doesn't stop things like this from happening. How many others have done this? 

Missouri Highway Patrol gave federal government list of CCW permit holders

The Missouri Highway Patrol admitted on Thursday that it released the names of more than 163,000 Missourians who have concealed weapons permits to a federal agent twice in the past two years.

Gov. Jay Nixon’s administration maintains that the releases were legal and done to aid an investigation, but that has done little to calm Republicans’ concerns over what they see as a breach of privacy rights and potential evidence of intrusive gun tactics from the federal government.

<snip>

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/govt-and-politics/missouri-highway-patrol-gave-federal-government-list-of-ccw-permit/article_ac670792-d777-5354-9d73-6c87144d526e.html

Maybe this is gonna be a shit storm. I hope not

thoth    232

Hmm I think they can incorporate it under interstate commerce 

what makes me go hmmm 

is do they know something we don’t know for sure lol 

Just Jo    267

For this with CCW this is a big deal.  Going from one state to another not knowing if your permit is good or not?  I will take this any day.  Should have been this way all along.

LuckyBolt    1,313

I’m just waiting for the day when you have to drive through the toll station to cross state lines and flash your CCW permit and the gun you’re carrying.

Hopefully they offer the opportunity to purchase the photograph like you would at the end of a Disneyland ride.  Would make for great framers for the wall.

COBO Member    3,350
3 hours ago, apache54 said:

Maybe this is a step forward, I just don't put much faith in the new laws being passed anymore as they keep adding CRAP in the fine print!!

That's the key and always has been.

• Like 1

Oregonian    371

I'm so looking forward to this.

I am.

I wouldn't ever consider carrying a firearm concealed that I didn't pass an fbi background check....for the mere fact that if I had to use it....I'd want everything to be legal.

So all those who've brought up fine points regarding federal registries....well....your pistol you use to defend yourself will hopefully be legal, in your name to not muddle the investigation that will proceed the act....

Fbi background checks are federal so who cares if the Missouri cops forwarded lists...

Who cares if ccw carries are known to LE.

I'm 100% for privacy and hugely pro 2nd A but I don't want any loose ends if I have to use my pistol in self defense...

We already have targets on our backs by being pro 2A

Keep it simple, legal, witnesses and be safe

Cinnamon    23,030
7 minutes ago, Oregonian said:

Fbi background checks are federal so who cares if the Missouri cops forwarded lists..

Because NICS records can only be kept for 24 hours. 

• Like 1

Oregonian    371
Just now, Cinnamon said:

Because NICS records can only be kept for 24 hours. 

That's news to me and ty for the clarification. Honestly I just assumed it stayed in some database

Now if we could just wipe the data being backed up over at the nsa then I'd be happy to maybe.....believe that nics records are deleted after 24 hours....

Everything is saved and backed up again...and again...

Who knows

LuckyBolt    1,313
4 hours ago, Oregonian said:

I'm so looking forward to this.

I am.

I wouldn't ever consider carrying a firearm concealed that I didn't pass an fbi background check....for the mere fact that if I had to use it....I'd want everything to be legal.

So all those who've brought up fine points regarding federal registries....well....your pistol you use to defend yourself will hopefully be legal, in your name to not muddle the investigation that will proceed the act....

Fbi background checks are federal so who cares if the Missouri cops forwarded lists...

Who cares if ccw carries are known to LE.

I'm 100% for privacy and hugely pro 2nd A but I don't want any loose ends if I have to use my pistol in self defense...

We already have targets on our backs by being pro 2A

Keep it simple, legal, witnesses and be safe

Let me paint a scenario for you...

A tyrannical government has a list of everyone in the country who owns a gun.  

Question: would you like to be on that list?

Rango    13

When you get your CWP it puts you in a background check subsystem and also shows up instantly when your tag is run. Also when you apply for jobs at larger corporations.

The CCP started out good BUT the powers that be use it to track you.

I have been vetted OVER three times by DOD FBI USTD etc and now whenever I fly no matter where.  I get RANDOMLY pulled aside and grilled.

i thought my positions would give me free pass or more freedom. The more they know you, the more they no you.

Dont give them squat.

We Outnumber and outgun them.

Oregonian    371
4 hours ago, LuckyBolt said:

Let me paint a scenario for you...

A tyrannical government has a list of everyone in the country who owns a gun.  

Question: would you like to be on that list?

Ugh

anyone who so much as owns mace is in a database somewhere and the fbi has shown to be dirty as they lie and covet the Clintons

So the question remains

Why do you believe databases of firearm owners don't already exist