Cinnamon

Mandarins are getting ripe yay!

OK, I have to admit, When I first saw the title I thought it was going to be a weird thread on Chinese people.

Cool you have a mandarin tree.  I have two oranges in pots, grown from seed that have another ten years before they produce.  Would love to have a lime and a mandarin too.  

Bought some mandarins at the store last week and they were dry and tasteless :girl-says-no-no-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, coco said:

OK, I have to admit, When I first saw the title I thought it was going to be a weird thread on Chinese people.

Cool you have a mandarin tree.  I have two oranges in pots, grown from seed that have another ten years before they produce.  Would love to have a lime and a mandarin too.  

Bought some mandarins at the store last week and they were dry and tasteless :girl-says-no-no-smiley-emoticon:

There are tons of orange and lemon trees here where I live and apricots, too. Nothing better than picking something and eating it right there. :)  I'm going out for breakfast in the morning, in my yard. hahaha

6 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

I've got a tree loaded with mandarins and the ones that are ripe are delicious! One thing I haven't killed is that tree!  :)  

I wish I had a mandarin tree but they don't grow where I live.  I love em though.

3 minutes ago, God Man said:

I wish I had a mandarin tree but they don't grow where I live.  I love em though.

You probably have apples or something then. lol I wish I had apple trees. 

3 hours ago, God Man said:

They'll grow in pots just fine.  They like cactus mix potting soil.  Living the dream in Alaska with 2 oranges and some grapes:snowt:  

One of the houses my parents rented (Tustin, CA) had an orange tree and an avocado tree in the backyard. Both yielded absolutely beautiful and delectable fruit. I have not run across anything comparable in taste since.

The elder couple behind us used their entire backyard for their garden. They would share some of their harvest with us. I remember just how tasty they were.

No, we didn't cook our neighbors. I'm talking about the vegetables sillies :D

Enjoy your delicious gift from nature Cinn ;)

• Like 2

I lived in Florida for a while and they had mango tree's in a lot of yards in subdivisions. When walking around ( if they were ripe) I would just pick on from a tree and walk along slobbering juice all over the ground. Nothing like a fresh mango for sure!

Mandarin Oranges are also one of my favorites:nodl:

• Like 1

As a teen I lived in the tropics and everyone had multiple mango tree’s in their yard.. it was too many mango’s.. I wish I had a mango tree now..

im sub tropical, so I have a kaffir lime leaf, large plant that’s heaven if you like Thai flavours.. the actual limes are not great, the zest is good though.. and an Indian curry leaf tree, that I accidently nearly killed a few weeks back by putting the wrong fertiliser on it.. *blinks*

i had to neutralise the near death experience with multiple succulents, that I bought.. it worked, the nature spirits were happy.. 

:club:

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.