This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

coco    564

Reports have flooded in that in the intense battles which saw Houthi fighters re-take parts of the Yemeni capital of Sana’a, former President Ali Abdullah Saleh has been killed. These reports have now been confirmed by the Interior Ministry of Lebanon.

Days ago, Saleh broke off his previous alliance with Houthi fighters, also known was the Ansar Allah group, in a deal reportedly brokered by the UAE and Saudi Arabia.

As I recall, this whole mess started over support for Saleh by the Houthis when they rejected their Saudi appointed leader.

Ukshep    24,255

I was waiting on confirmation before I posted this. You beat me to it :D thanks!

Cinnamon    27,563

Houthis claim takeover of Yemeni capital, president calls for ‘all people’ to rise against them

The capital of Yemen, Sanaa is now reportedly under control of Houthi fighters, according to media citing the Interior Ministry. The Iran-backed group has allegedly retaken the city amid reports of the death of former President Ali Abdullah Saleh.

Saleh, who formally renounced his alliance with the Houthis on Sunday, was killed while trying to flee the capital, according to the Houthi-controlled ministry. It said their former ally “was creating chaos by working with militias of aggression” in the country, and “helping extremist militants.”