Ric278

The "Special" Humans and Their Illusory "Magical" Powers

Do cops have more authority than us "regular" human beings? Are special powers granted to those who wear a uniform and a badge?

1 hour ago, Ric278 said:

Do cops have more authority than us "regular" human beings? Are special powers granted to those who wear a uniform and a badge?

I have 2 answers... Yes and No. I'll let you figure that one that.

1 hour ago, Ric278 said:

Yes, they absolutely do, and they are. And they abuse that power and authority in ways that those who have never been there can never imagine.

BUT-- There is an abyss that separates a COP from a Peace Officer. Not the same species. Please understand that in this new militarized robocop world, it is hard to be a Peace Officer. Many of them have retired from a job that they loved, rather than be forced into the "cop" role. And that is sad, because they are the ones worthy to carry the badge and wield the authority, NOT these strutting poppinjays with 'tude. This is exactly why the Constitution separates soldiers from civilian police- the attitude. Please understand this and support those that deserve it.

I got pulled over for doing 80 in a 70.  The cop came flying up behind me in his charger.  

I laughed and said... Man, that car is quick!  You must have been doing 100 to catch me the way you did.  He smiled and nodded his head. 

The trap was set, I changed my tone. 

So, officer... Can you tell me how you justify driving 30 mph over the speed limit to stop me from driving 10 over? 

Who is being more unsafe? 

It didn't go over well.  

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.