Advertise With Us! Or Sign Up To Remove Ads!
Ukshep

The Elevator of Awakening | Understanding the loneliness!

TheOldMan    2,517
6 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

We certainly do GT. How have you been feeling today? Good I hope!

I’m alright 

just got a fresh batch of dandelion tea 

:cofeefag:

Ukshep    20,123
1 minute ago, GT500 said:

I’m alright 

just got a fresh batch of dandelion tea 

:cofeefag:

I just got a pitcher of chamomile and honey :D

• Like 1

TheOldMan    2,517
1 minute ago, Ukshep said:

I just got a pitcher of chamomile and honey :D

Nice, good sleeps for UK Shep! 

Ukshep    20,123
2 minutes ago, GT500 said:

Nice, good sleeps for UK Shep! 

Going to need it! Everyone bailing for the holidays. So I'm taking on all the extra stuff. Then pets... health issues, major doom on all horizons. Family dodging storms. Quake watch in locations I have friends... Among other things. **** December :D

• Like 1

TheOldMan    2,517
6 minutes ago, Ukshep said:

Going to need it! Everyone bailing for the holidays. So I'm taking on all the extra stuff. Then pets... health issues, major doom on all horizons. Family dodging storms. Quake watch in locations I have friends... Among other things. **** December :D

If you need help here let me know

prayers for you and yours! 

• Like 1

Ukshep    20,123
57 minutes ago, GT500 said:

If you need help here let me know

prayers for you and yours! 

Can always count of you and others should I need it :D I know this well.

• Like 2

TheOldMan    2,517
Just now, Ukshep said:

Can always count of you and others should I need it :D I know this well.

You bet! 

• Like 1

John Galt    973

Sometimes the loneliness really gets to me.

The conflict of what has been described earlier as 'Siddhartha' syndrome has really been plaguing me. Since I saw that, I could not help but to reflect upon the story of Siddhartha Guatama, Buddha and how it relates in my own life. The Siddhartha was given everything, and nothing upon his birth. His parents, His 'Majesty' swore to not show the real world to the young Buddha. Just as many of us grew up ignorant of the reality of the world. One day, Siddhartha went wondering out into the city, and discovered various kinds of suffering.. This broke him down, and made him try to discover the origins of suffering in the world. His father kept Siddhartha away from these things, due to prophecy.. If Siddhartha was to depart, than his kingdom would fall... 'Think the Cube'

Siddhartha then left the comforts of his home, and in turn made himself the sufferer of these same sufferings as those others who he had seen. Many days of fasting, and contemplation were undertaken until he 'awoke'. When this happened, he began to travel and spread the truth of the reality of his time, awakening and bringing light to those who were once in the dark... I do not see the story of the Buddha as literal, by the way. Each floor we can contemplate suffering, and its origins in a much deeper fashion.. We will experience them in the process

• Like 3

Picklesnout    561

Also, we cannot suffer enough to remove the suffering of someone else. That is a trap of compassion. Weird when something good works against you. I mention it to hopefully help someone not step in it.

The fat happy hotai budda is my fav.

Ukshep    20,123
5 minutes ago, Picklesnout said:

Also, we cannot suffer enough to remove the suffering of someone else. That is a trap of compassion. Weird when something good works against you. I mention it to hopefully help someone not step in it.

The fat happy hotai budda is my fav.

In the end you learn not to care. The elite do the same. But they are psychopaths. And killers. Sometimes you just got to reset. Say nothing, and be silent ya know. When you can't act. speak or move. It's best to just sit and stay in a blank state and turn off everything in the mind. Problem solved!

Anne    255
On 12/4/2017 at 4:17 PM, Ukshep said:

Going to need it! Everyone bailing for the holidays. So I'm taking on all the extra stuff. Then pets... health issues, major doom on all horizons. Family dodging storms. Quake watch in locations I have friends... Among other things. **** Decembe

Prayers of healing and favor..............................:D

Blessings :grouphug:

Picklesnout    561
21 hours ago, Ukshep said:

In the end you learn not to care. The elite do the same. But they are psychopaths. And killers. Sometimes you just got to reset. Say nothing, and be silent ya know. When you can't act. speak or move. It's best to just sit and stay in a blank state and turn off everything in the mind. Problem solved!

I think the skill is not to not care, but to not care so much it makes you ineffective. Sometimes I refer to it as getting my compassion overwhelmed. There is always plenty to care about.

Do you know the story of the starfishes washed up on the beach? A wise man came upon a child throwing starfish back into the ocean when a large number of them had been stranded. 'Why bother?' He said. 'You cannot save them all'. The child said 'I may not save the whole beach, but for that one starfish I threw back in the ocean, I made a difference.'

That is the skill I speak of.

• Like 2