DRUMZ

Strange Aspects, Allegedly, Of Demonology

According to Stone, in his travels he has discovered “that every town and city had its own spiritual atmosphere, and it was necessary for me to mentally and spiritually adjust to each particular setting and learn how to pierce the darkness through the spear of prayer and the weapon of fasting.”

“I began studying familiar spirits and how spirits desire to remain in the region where they have dwelt or among families with whom they are familiar (Mark 5:9-10),” he says. And we tend to believe as much. This is one “strange” aspect: that spirits could oversee areas.

http://spiritdaily.org/blog/spiritual-warfare/strange-aspects-allegedly-of-demonology

Papa Doc himself survived six assassination attempts and, due to a superstition about it, only went out in public on the twenty-second day of each month. It was then, he believed, that his own spirits would protect him. Kennedy, of course, was assassinated on the twenty-second day of November.

22 again??

17 hours ago, DRUMZ said:

every town and city had its own spiritual atmosphere

The bible says that there is spiritual wickedness in high places and also evil principalities.

I used to travel around the country and I can tell you from personal experience that some areas do have some type of spiritual oppression over them.  The people are a lot nastier too.  You just can't wait to get out of the area! 

Unfortunately, I live in one of those areas and all I have to do is travel 50 miles west or south and it lifts, the air feeling more positive.   It's difficult to explain. 

35 minutes ago, Cinders77 said:

Unfortunately, I live in one of those areas and all I have to do is travel 50 miles west or south and it lifts, the air feeling more positive.   It's difficult to explain. 

Not difficult to explain as I know of what you speak.

But can I ask... what is keeping you in the area?? Family, mortgage, job??

Just curious.

Thanks!

I agree. There is a peace and blessing here where I am that is palpable. It is like nothing I have felt before. It is uplifting. I suspect the land has been blessed by american indians before white folks came, but the blessing is so strong it keeps carrying on and giving. I am grateful for it. God is very present here, and easier to hear. It is a deep kindness, deep beauty, and peace.

18 minutes ago, Picklesnout said:

I agree. There is a peace and blessing here where I am that is palpable. It is like nothing I have felt before. It is uplifting. I suspect the land has been blessed by american indians before white folks came, but the blessing is so strong it keeps carrying on and giving. I am grateful for it. God is very present here, and easier to hear. It is a deep kindness, deep beauty, and peace.

Sounds very nice. I bet all of the trees look healthy and straight too?

I have been in area's where you can just "feel" an evil or at least creepy feeling in the air, and most all of the trees were weird looking and all twisted.

The trees point east due to winds, but most are lush, if a little unique looking.

You can tell where the boundary is too, when you cross the river going to port angeles - thats it, back to regular civilization.

And yep, sometimes you can look at a place and see it is full of nopes. Haunted. Creepy.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, DRUMZ said:

what is keeping you in the area?? Family, mortgage, job??

I had the chance to move in the 80's and I wish I had!  Right now, we have a home that's mortgage free and my husband has a decent paying job so I'm kind of stuck.  I'd love to move out of the state but he doesn't want to. 

• Like 1

Oh  gosh folks, I almost forgot!

As a kid, the merry go round in jersey! The one in the glass surround with the medusa faces... I could not directly communicate with whatever the heck was there, but it was evil and you could sense it. Anybody else know the place? On the boardwalk? I heard there were a few murders there as well. Not surprised one bit. It was an evil emination, and I thought it was odd, like spinning us kids there on that ride was some kind of magic for whatever creature to come in to this world. Like it was incrementally sucking a tiny bit of our young lives away with every rotation. What kid, maybe 8 yrs or less, can even think up stuff like this? I am telling you it came from the place itself. I read it off there, I didn't make it up.

• Like 1

Yes, some places are bad and you can sense it right away.
I've heard stories of Crater Lake but I've never gone there.

Myth, Mysteries, and Monsters at Oregon’s Cursed Crater Lake

There are places tucked away in the remote corners of this world in which sometimes immense natural beauty seems to be hiding something more, just beyond our grasp to understand it. These are the wonders of nature that simultaneously capture our imagination and exude tales of mystery and the unexplained that are very often laced with sinister dread and perhaps the supernatural. In these places we sense that there is something menacing and off, evil even, yet are at a loss as to what exactly might be at the root of it, and our senses are somewhat thrown off by the sheer grandeur and beauty of the location itself. One such mysterious place is certainly Crater Lake, of Oregon’s Mt. Mazama. Cloaked in some of the most gorgeous natural beauty in the country, it is a place which has long been steeped in dark legends, and which exudes a long list of a variety of high strangeness, encompassing everything from mysterious disappearances and deaths, to strange creatures, to ghosts, UFOs, and spooky unexplained phenomena. It is a place that is at once a beauty and perhaps also a beast.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/12/myth-mysteries-and-monsters-at-oregons-cursed-crater-lake/

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Picklesnout said:

Oh  gosh folks, I almost forgot!

As a kid, the merry go round in jersey! The one in the glass surround with the medusa faces... I could not directly communicate with whatever the heck was there, but it was evil and you could sense it. Anybody else know the place? On the boardwalk? I heard there were a few murders there as well. Not surprised one bit. It was an evil emination, and I thought it was odd, like spinning us kids there on that ride was some kind of magic for whatever creature to come in to this world. Like it was incrementally sucking a tiny bit of our young lives away with every rotation. What kid, maybe 8 yrs or less, can even think up stuff like this? I am telling you it came from the place itself. I read it off there, I didn't make it up.

Never been there, but trippy for sure!

1 hour ago, Lucy Barnable said:

Yes, some places are bad and you can sense it right away.
I've heard stories of Crater Lake but I've never gone there.

Myth, Mysteries, and Monsters at Oregon’s Cursed Crater Lake

There are places tucked away in the remote corners of this world in which sometimes immense natural beauty seems to be hiding something more, just beyond our grasp to understand it. These are the wonders of nature that simultaneously capture our imagination and exude tales of mystery and the unexplained that are very often laced with sinister dread and perhaps the supernatural. In these places we sense that there is something menacing and off, evil even, yet are at a loss as to what exactly might be at the root of it, and our senses are somewhat thrown off by the sheer grandeur and beauty of the location itself. One such mysterious place is certainly Crater Lake, of Oregon’s Mt. Mazama. Cloaked in some of the most gorgeous natural beauty in the country, it is a place which has long been steeped in dark legends, and which exudes a long list of a variety of high strangeness, encompassing everything from mysterious disappearances and deaths, to strange creatures, to ghosts, UFOs, and spooky unexplained phenomena. It is a place that is at once a beauty and perhaps also a beast.

http://mysteriousuniverse.org/2015/12/myth-mysteries-and-monsters-at-oregons-cursed-crater-lake/

Adding to the mysterious disappearances and deaths are the many odd suicides that have occurred at Crater Lake. In July of 1947, a park visitor by the name of Mr. Cornelius was out for a day of hiking with his wife. By all accounts the two were perfectly happy and nothing had seemed out of the ordinary, but at one point during their hike, Mr. Cornelius suddenly stopped hiking, calmly handed his wife his billfold, and without saying a word proceeded to emotionlessly sit down and slide over the edge of a steep snow bank leading down to the lake. The man survived the fall with only a broken leg, but then staggered to his feet, hobbled to the lake’s edge, and drowned himself as his horrified wife looked on. The wife would later claim that he had been in a sort of daze or trance during the incident. Other suicides have involved people hiking out into the woods to shoot themselves, or others hurling themselves over the edge of the rim, and in many of these cases the victims have been found to have been content, well-adjusted people who did not fit in with the profile of someone in danger of killing themselves.

Sheesh... Weird place!

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.