Jump to content
  • Sign Up
DRUMZ

Where should I go???

Recommended Posts

Thinking of going somewhere nice/new for vacation end of Jan. or 1st part of Feb.

Thinking about Costa Rica because I have never been there and the weather is supposed to be good that time of year.

I will have about 3 weeks...  So does not have to be just one spot.

Always dreamed of going to Japan, but not sure if it will be warm?

Where would you go???

1. Must be warmish.

2. Fairly stable gov./environment. Friendly natives.

3. Cool things to do and see for a backpacker/camper type of person.

4. Near ocean?

5. Been to a lot of places... so surprise me...

:beerl:

Thank You in advance!

 

 

 

 

Edited by DRUMZ

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Iceland :) 

May not be as warm as you are wanting, but what a place :D

You could always hit up Mimas too haha

I went to Honduras, and I loved it there too.

It would be warmer, and is a beautiful country to see. Plus its cheap 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, John Galt said:

Iceland :) 

May not be as warm as you are wanting, but what a place :D

You could always hit up Mimas too haha

Great choice, and on my bucket list too!

Just my SUMMER vacation bucket list though.

Mimas is a moon of Saturn which was discovered in 1789 by William Herschel.

Only have 3 weeks. Mimas  might be too far to travel and make it back home in time to get back to work.

But.... Thank You!

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, DRUMZ said:

Great choice, and on my bucket list too!

Just my SUMMER vacation bucket list though.

Mimas is a moon of Saturn which was discovered in 1789 by William Herschel.

Only have 3 weeks. Mimas  might be too far to travel and make it back home in time to get back to work.

But.... Thank You!

 

 

I edited my post a bit, and by Mimas I meant the Mimas we have here on COP :gsbrnint:

I visited Honduras before, and the only instability comes from the CIA cartel factions and US bases. Otherwise the people are awesome :gsbrnint:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

new zealand.. you will thank me later.

 

if you ever visit queenstown, go to Fergburger. best burger you will ever have. it will make in-n-out taste like shit.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DRUMZ said:

I will have about 3 weeks...  So does not have to be just one spot.

Always dreamed of going to Japan, but not sure if it will be warm?

Where would you go???

1. Must be warmish.

2. Fairly stable gov./environment. Friendly natives.

3. Cool things to do and see for a backpacker/camper type of person.

4. Near ocean?

5. Been to a lot of places... so surprise me...

:beerl:

Thank You in advance!

If I had your break and the mean$ to do so, here's where I would check out:

Chile in South America... perhaps you could start at the glacier area of Patagonia and slowly work your way north to the Santiago area. I've only been to S America a few times-- would like to explore more of that particular ring of fire Pacific area known as Chile that's like the S American version of the panhandle of Alaska (=> Patagonia) to coastal LA/Orange County (=> Santiago) to Baja California (further north of Santiago) :clap1:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Unknown634 said:

new zealand.. you will thank me later.

 

if you ever visit queenstown, go to Fergburger. best burger you will ever have. it will make in-n-out taste like shit.

Wow! I will look into that. Seems to fit all of my criteria too!

Stable and friendly natives as far as I know.

Warm in Feb?

I will look it up.

Thank you!:beerl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

New Zealand is cool -- I've only been to a few places, Christchurch being one of em... kind of like the Vancouver BC yet from the down-under realm, and that down under Southern Hemisphere is likely where you should look to go for the warmer weather... Australia is a great option too. reminds me of Southern Cal crossed with the UK. Sydney, Melbourne, Blue Mountains etc should have great weather and a lot of what you're looking for... :beerl:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, AztlanRising said:

If I had your break and the mean$ to do so, here's where I would check out:

Chile in South America... perhaps you could start at the glacier area of Patagonia and slowly work your way north to the Santiago area. I've only been to S America a few times-- would like to explore more of that particular ring of fire Pacific area known as Chile that's like the S American version of the panhandle of Alaska (=> Patagonia) to coastal LA/Orange County (=> Santiago) to Baja California (further north of Santiago) :clap1:

I have looked into Patagonia as Backpacker magazine often features it.

Something like that though, I would hold off until I found someone to go with me as I will most likely be traveling alone.

Bucket list none the same, but prob too dangerous alone.

Thanks Man!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, AztlanRising said:

New Zealand is cool -- I've only been to a few places, Christchurch being one of em... kind of like the Vancouver BC yet from the down-under realm, and that down under Southern Hemisphere is likely where you should look to go for the warmer weather... Australia is a great option too. reminds me of Southern Cal crossed with the UK. Sydney, Melbourne, Blue Mountains etc should have great weather and a lot of what you're looking for... :beerl:

You guy's got me thinking....

I will have to look up when their rainy season is.

But yeah, cool spot and I have never been there but always wanted to.

Thank You!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

Guest
You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.