DarkKnightNomeD

Smoked pot and want to enlist? Army issuing more waivers

Woo hoo! Let's go join the army and kill us a kim jung fatty @Cinnamon :doobie::laughdef:  lit and figur~

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/02/smoked-pot-and-want-to-enlist-army-issuing-more-waivers.html

-

WASHINGTON –  Smoked pot? Want to go to war?

No problem.

As more states lessen or eliminate marijuana penalties, the Army is granting hundreds of waivers to enlist people who used the drug in their youth — as long as they realize they can't do so again in the military.

The number of waivers granted by the active-duty Army for marijuana use jumped to more than 500 this year from 191 in 2016. Three years ago, no such waivers were granted. The big increase is just one way officials are dealing with orders to expand the Army's size.

"Provided they understand that they cannot do that when they serve in the military, I will waive that all day long," said Maj. Gen. Jeff Snow, head of the Army's recruiting command.

The marijuana use exclusions represent about one-quarter of the total misconduct waivers the Army granted in the budget year that ended Sept. 30. They accounted for much of the 50 percent increase overall in recruits who needed a waiver for some type of misconduct.

Snow said the figures probably will rise further as more states legalize or decriminalize marijuana.

Eight states — Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon and Washington — and the District of Columbia have fully legalized possession of small amounts of marijuana for adults' recreational use. An additional 13 states have decriminalized it, meaning possession of small amounts is considered the equivalent of a traffic citation or a low-end misdemeanor with no chance of jail. Twenty-nine states, along with Puerto Rico, Guam and Washington, D.C., allow the use of medical marijuana.

• Haha 1

Interesting how this works, isn't it? The Hawaiians have issued letters for pot license holders to turn in their guns because it's against federal law. :facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Interesting how this works, isn't it? The Hawaiians have issued letters for pot license holders to turn in their guns because it's against federal law. :facepalm-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon:

Sad part is, they probably will.

• Like 1

I have a son who is turning 21 this month. I also have 6 other step kids (3 boys over 18) and 4 of them are the draft age. All but my son smokes pot and if they are any indication of the troops that will fight and protect us. God help us all!

They would most likely be like "Animal Mother" from FMJ. No brains and a big gun...

I know pot is not allowed in the military and that alone might straighten them up to not be co-dependent on drugs or anything for that matter. I just don't want them filling ranks, body bags as Political fodder again. When will we learn as a race that fighting is not the answer.

1 hour ago, DarkKnightNomeD said:

Woo hoo! Let's go join the army and kill us a kim jung fatty @Cinnamon :doobie::laughdef:  lit and figur~

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2017/12/02/smoked-pot-and-want-to-enlist-army-issuing-more-waivers.html

-

WASHINGTON –  Smoked pot? Want to go to war?

No problem.

As more states lessen or eliminate marijuana penalties, the Army is granting hundreds of waivers to enlist people who used the drug in their youth — as long as they realize they can't do so again in the military.

The number of waivers granted by the active-duty Army for marijuana use jumped to more than 500 this year from 191 in 2016. Three years ago, no such waivers were granted. The big increase is just one way officials are dealing with orders to expand the Army's size.

"Provided they understand that they cannot do that when they serve in the military, I will waive that all day long," said Maj. Gen. Jeff Snow, head of the Army's recruiting command.

The marijuana use exclusions represent about one-quarter of the total misconduct waivers the Army granted in the budget year that ended Sept. 30. They accounted for much of the 50 percent increase overall in recruits who needed a waiver for some type of misconduct.

Snow said the figures probably will rise further as more states legalize or decriminalize marijuana.

Eight states — Alaska, California, Colorado, Maine, Maryland, Massachusetts, Oregon and Washington — and the District of Columbia have fully legalized possession of small amounts of marijuana for adults' recreational use. An additional 13 states have decriminalized it, meaning possession of small amounts is considered the equivalent of a traffic citation or a low-end misdemeanor with no chance of jail. Twenty-nine states, along with Puerto Rico, Guam and Washington, D.C., allow the use of medical marijuana.

Pot isn't the only thing the Army is giving waivers for!  They are also giving waivers for past suicidal tendencies, bi polar issues, other mental health issues and a few other things as well!  The military is apparently having a hard time keeping the numbers up.

This is disgusting to say the least!  What in God's name has happened to this world! 

They have laxed so many regulations to let people join and it's ruining the military. I was talking with my AC repair guy a couple weeks ago and he's a staff Sarg and he was telling me of all the "classes" he's had to take because of all the pc crap. And he said that these kids joining these days have zero respect for authority and even when he was deployed overseas the younger guys and gals would always question every single order and then complain the whole time. All the while he would be explaining to them why they get yelled at and why they shouldn't question everything, his job is to keep you alive in war time. He said it was sad that most would not wake the f up until someone next to them got shot during a firefight. He said until that happened they all acted like bitches and not soldiers. He was very vocal about the tranny issue too, he said he has nothing against them but had an issue with tax dollars going toward their surgery. All of this pc crap has made the younger generation into a bunch of Pansey's and you can just tell what recruit came from a good family or a pc family, most from the south still listen and do as their told and survive, most from the north b*tch and complain about doing things. He was telling me how a female was bitching one day because she just got her nails done, lol your not supposed to go to drill with your nails done it's against the uniform code but because of the pc crap he can't say anything to them even tho it's against uniform policy. Sad. It's been engendered this way and it needs to stop. 

• Like 1

My father would tell me the how us army would delivery pbr,pall malls, and dope (maryijuana) to the forward operating base in vietnam. 

Edited by Rob

13 minutes ago, Rob said:

My father would tell me the how us army would delivery pbr,pall malls, and dope (maryijuana) to the forward operating base in vietnam. 

Yep. My dad always said "we used to hit a shotgun out of a shotgun" lol 😂 

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.