Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Longtime Michigan congressman announces retirement

Longtime Michigan Democratic Rep. Sander Levin announced Saturday that he will not seek re-election in 2018.

"It is the honor of a lifetime to serve Michigan in the U.S. Congress," he wrote in the Detroit Free Press. "My constituents enabled me to address some of the most important issues of our time. They have supported me with a sense of fairness even if we disagreed on a specific issue. I am deeply appreciative."

<snip>

http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/02/politics/sander-levin-retirement/index.html

35 YEARS! Get them out! 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, apache54 said:

EXACTLY!!!

It's the old entrenched ones who are the most corrupted. But then, there's Paul Ryan, he's been in office one way or another since 1999. Almost 20 fn years! Wow. 

4 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

It's the old entrenched ones who are the most corrupted. But then, there's Paul Ryan, he's been in office one way or another since 1999. Almost 20 fn years! Wow. 

YUP,

Many changes need to be done to stop the lifers and stop the potential for easy money made because of the office held!!

Just now, apache54 said:

YUP,

Many changes need to be done to stop the lifers and stop the potential for easy money made because of the office held!!

I guess the only way to get term limits is for the ones with a conflict of interest to vote on that. mwahahahahah

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

I guess the only way to get term limits is for the ones with a conflict of interest to vote on that. mwahahahahah

well they sure as crap are NOT going to vote themselves out of a cash cow!! it will take a almost complete uprising of the people to make the demands and be fulfilled!!

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.