Sign in to follow this  

EARTHQUAKE WATCH: G2 geomagnetic storm forecast and super moon over the next 24-48 hours

From an incoming  strong solar wind forecasted by NOAA space weather department  with a super moon (which is when the moon has maximum gravitational pull on the earth), this combination is likely to trigger seismic activity.

From a coronal hole, our sun emanated  a strong solar wind due to arrive at midnight UTC and create G2 class geomagnetic storms.

http://www.swpc.noaa.gov/products/notifications-timeline

The super moon in terms of full by sight occurs today at 15:47 UTC at a distance of 357,987 km, but the moon will be at perigee (closest to earth) at Dec 4 at 8:42 UTC at a distance of 357,492 km. at which time the geomagnetic storm should be underway.

http://earthsky.org/tonight/full-supermoon-on-december-3

The effects of both of these phenomenon are debated in the scientific community, but a growing number of geophysicist now believe they do, particularly the effects of solar activity.

https://georgewashington2.blogspot.com/2011/08/does-solar-activity-influence.html

We've seen several 6+ quakes in the past couple days and some unusual quakes like Dover, DE.  So hold to your hats. Hopefully nothing to severe will occur.

Yep...with the moon at perigee and the front end of coronal winds striking...

Junior thinks I'm kinda wacko for paying so much attention to solar activity. We'll see.

1 minute ago, COBO Member said:

Yep...with the moon at perigee and the front end of coronal winds striking...

Junior thinks I'm kinda wacko for paying so much attention to solar activity. We'll see.

Is he an FEer who thinks SOHO is a fake animation? :gsbrnint:

1 minute ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

Is he an FEer who thinks SOHO is a fake animation? :gsbrnint:

No, but we were joking about that very thing this morning around 3am. Long night and I'm not saying he can't handle his liquor. But punk boy's still sacked out.

8 minutes ago, COBO Member said:

No, but we were joking about that very thing this morning around 3am. Long night and I'm not saying he can't handle his liquor. But punk boy's still sacked out.

Well when he wakes up and had some coffee, ask him what his explanation is for when  that X9 flare we had in September and a mag 8+ quake occurred on the coast of Mexico, when there had been no 8s in over two years.

Hmmm :cofeefag:

Edited by RhetoricalRebel

1 hour ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

Well when he wakes up and had some coffee, ask him what his explanation is for when  that X9 flare we had in September and a mag 8+ quake occurred on the coast of Mexico, when there had been no 8s in over two years.

Hmmm :cofeefag:

Don't need to. He can't deny I called it to the day the last two times in a row when a 6yo we both know had meltdowns. Kid had an arachnoidal cyst drained at 1yo. Last one was during the Cuba hurricane and CME.

And I thought it was a tad early for those winds to be getting here:

"These thresholds may be exceeded on Dec. 4th and 5th when a stream of solar wind reaches Earth, blowing past our planet faster than 600 km/s (1.3 million mph). G2-class geomagnetic storms can confuse wildlife that use magnetic cues for navigation and have been known to spark Northern Lights as far south as a line from New York to Wisconsin to Washington state."

spaceweather.com

Edited by COBO Member

Recall that added to these is the ongoing effect of the slowed rotation catching up.

I think there could be surface activity, "booms" and a day or so later, more surface activity. 

1 minute ago, COBO Member said:

And I thought it was a tad early for those winds to be getting here:

"These thresholds may be exceeded on Dec. 4th and 5th when a stream of solar wind reaches Earth, blowing past our planet faster than 600 km/s (1.3 million mph). G2-class geomagnetic storms can confuse wildlife that use magnetic cues for navigation and have been known to spark Northern Lights as far south as a line from New York to Wisconsin to Washington state."

spaceweather.com

There was a filament eruption on the 29th on SDO and SOHO. Never heard if it was earth directed or not.

"G2-class geomagnetic storms can confuse wildlife that use magnetic cues for navigation"

Would be  great plot material for a redux of Alfred's Hitchcock's "The Birds".  :D

8 minutes ago, RhetoricalRebel said:

There was a filament eruption on the 29th on SDO and SOHO. Never heard if it was earth directed or not.

"G2-class geomagnetic storms can confuse wildlife that use magnetic cues for navigation"

Would be  great plot material for a redux of Alfred's Hitchcock's "The Birds".  :D

Naaah...that was a departing filament around those sunspots from several days back. No factor.

Dude! I just watched that again a couple of weeks back. Hitchcock was such a master! That final scene driving away from the house still gives me the heebie-jeebies! I can't think of a single bad Hitchcock film in my lifetime.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

Wakeup for Bali volcano? 

Was thinking Monday night/Tuesday morning when the  geomagnetic storm should  take effect.

It's been swarming with minor/moderate tremors in the last 30 hours.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.