Sign in to follow this  
Cinnamon

Stranger things in the Republican tax bill

The Tax Cuts and Jobs Act passed in the Senate in the early hours of Saturday now has to be combined with the House version passed in November to make a final law.

The Senate bill grants tax breaks to corporations and the wealthy, with the middle class set to get some reward, too, albeit smaller and more time-limited. But after lengthy debate and frenzied last-minute alterations, some of its provisions can seem a bit out there at first glance, while others have little to do with actual tax.

<snip>

https://www.rt.com/usa/411760-republican-tax-bill-secrets/

There are things in that bill that are totally unrelated to taxes. I wonder what other nasty surprises are there. Also the tax cuts are LIMITED BY TIME AND NOT PERMANENT. 

So what happen to the smaller brackets, and the higher standard deductions we were promised.. So from the sound of the first line, we will get a small dangling carrot in our face, in the form of a tax break.. Then next it will go right back to the way it was, with a higher tax increase.. What a f**king scam, if that is the case.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JustATrucker said:

So what happen to the smaller brackets, and the higher standard deductions we were promised.. So from the sound of the first line, we will get a small dangling carrot in our face, in the form of a tax break.. Then next it will go right back to the way it was, with a higher tax increase.. What a f**king scam, if that is the case.

It's got that rotten smell to it! 

3 minutes ago, Cinnamon said:

It's got that rotten smell to it! 

Yup sure does.. I was  hoping to get a decent return with it passed, so I won't have to pay the irs again this yr.. I was hoping to get enough  to settle what I still owe.. Well looks like I get the lube job again this yr.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JustATrucker said:

Yup sure does.. I was  hoping to get a decent return with it passed, so I won't have to pay the irs again this yr.. I was hoping to get enough  to settle what I still owe.. Well looks like I get the lube job again this yr.

It depends on which bracket you're in. And how you file your return, what deductions you use etc. and which ones are now disallowed... Joint filing married is 24,000 off the top of your income and 12K for single filers. That went up. 

1 minute ago, God Man said:

Trump is a magician!  :nodl:

That bill is 479 pages long... no way am I going to try to read that nightmare.

• Haha 1

My question is , which I know the answer is why make a f**kig bill that 400 something pages ahhaahhaah, what a f**king joke. People actually buy into this shit!!! It never changes per president same old same old. Dangle the carrot but REAM YOU IN ANOTHER HOLE! I’m so tired of this shit. Anybody who still thinks that they are partisan in any way is perhaps the dumbest of the sheep. It’s all just a giant get f**ked scheme by which ever party is got the reigns. Don’t get me wrong if the left had the reigns it would be tens times worse but it’s still disgusting all the time , every time . f**king scumbags!!!

8 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

That bill is 479 pages long... no way am I going to try to read that nightmare.

You will need a degree, in reading bullshit, to understad it.

12 hours ago, Cinnamon said:

There are things in that bill that are totally unrelated to taxes. I wonder what other nasty surprises are there. Also the tax cuts are LIMITED BY TIME AND NOT PERMANENT

and this proves that the corruption is still ongoing in DC, these un-related items were the bribes used to get enough votes to pass the bill!! they ALL need to be thrown out of office!

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.