This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies. Want this topic removed from the archive?

To do or to "do not resuscitate"....?

Curenado    977

I will tell you my easy, unfogged answer first. It's obvious. You got one of those tattoos, but you didn't mean it for if you fell off the porch drunk? How hard is that?

When I can't offer you anything more than lingering and suffering and there's no way you are ever gonna wake up to know or tell me, that is what i will think tattoo is for. But I am only a % of what's out there and there really are drs dumber than a box of hammers and emotionally "void". 

But here is the article:

Laws about do not resuscitate orders are sometimes complex and vary from state to state. According to an article in the Journal of General Internal Medicine, "Clinicians are morally and legally obligated to respect the preferences of patients to forgo life-sustaining treatment." However, this typically means an official signed a do not resuscitate agreement such as a Physician Order for Life Sustaining Treatment.

Tattoos, while clearly administered with a patient's wishes, aren't legally binding, and are usually considered too ambiguous to act upon."

And I make the call. Not some office theorist factoring in finance and margin. If there is no other, we will be on our own. I don't need a superfluous committee educated parasites to tell me cave speak or the carbon based organic life form. (Rant off)