Zimix99

Vid.me shuts its doors

Just got this email, Guess 1 less opportunity to take down the youtube giant :\

Dear xxxx,

We’re writing to let you know that after careful consideration, we’ve arrived at the difficult decision to suspend the Vidme site and apps effective December 15th.

You can read more about our rationale for this decision here: https://medium.com/@warrenshaeffer/120b40becafa

What this means for you:

New sign-ups and uploads will be disabled effective today.

Existing videos will be playable and exportable from your video manager until December 14th, at which point they will be permanently deleted from the Vidme servers. If you want to backup any of your videos, be sure to sign in and visit your video manager and click the export button (displayed below). After a few minutes, you’ll receive an email with a link to download your exported video.

All paid channel subscripitions will be suspended immediately, and subscriber-only videos will be exclusively accessible to their video owners.

Any outstanding earnings will be paid out upon verification within 60 days.

All Vidme paid subscriptions will cease as of today, and subscribers will no longer be billed. 

Please see our full FAQ for more details, and email us at hello@vid.me with any questions.

Thank you for giving Vidme a chance, and we’re very sorry that we won’t be able to continue to support you on the next stage of your creative journey. It has truly been a joy to watch people from all over the world connect, collaborate, and make new friends in this community, and we’re happy to know that many of those relationships will long outlast Vidme itself.

Wishing you the best of luck.

♥ Team Vidme

2 minutes ago, WildBoy said:

Wonder what happened? The real reason I mean.

I don't think they were making enough money, at least that is what their article implies. You think they got strong armed?

Edited by Zimix99
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Zimix99 said:

I don't think they were making enough money, at least that is what their article implies. You think they got strong armed?

Yes. I bet they did.

Just now, John Galt said:

December 15?

Right after net neutrality on the 14th.

I wonder if that has anything to do with it.

Good catch

2 hours ago, WildBoy said:

Wonder what happened? The real reason I mean.

Vacuuming up intelligence and putting a wrench in any "YOU TUBE" rivals. What we need is a  "Cloud" based server without any human intervention, just a library for storage.

Edited by ScroodeMcDuck

1 hour ago, ScroodeMcDuck said:

Vacuuming up intelligence and putting a wrench in any "YOU TUBE" rivals. What we need is a  "Cloud" based server without any human intervention, just a library for storage.

Problem, reaction, solution that they control even more than before...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ScroodeMcDuck said:

1 minute ago, John Galt said:

Problem, reaction, solution that they control even more than before...

This is the type of stuff blockchain is built for, If only it would evolve a little faster because right now it's kind of shit.

Just now, Zimix99 said:

This is the type of stuff blockchain is built for, If only it would evolve a little faster because right now it's kind of shit.

They own the foundation.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.